Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Shitty day today, the boss came to visit from head office today, told me starting next week I'm going to be on 3 days a week evey week :cry: that will probably cut my wage slip by half.

He also told on of the girls she's losing her job end of next month.

We'll then just have 3 people in the office, and with me on 3 day weeks, effectivly that's 2.5 people :heh:

FINALLY!! I bought a packet of guitar strings! I had taken the Floyd Rose out of my guitar about a months ago, and needed a new set of strings in order to re-float it, set the intonation and tune it up. I'm just finished it and the guitar plays like she was brand new!

love it!

edit: sorry to hear that Franklin. I'm already on a 3 day week. it blows.

Guest Captain Falcon
Die. 1233456789

Whilst it is on my "to do" list, I must admit that it's somewhere near the end.

FINALLY!! I bought a packet of guitar strings! I had taken the Floyd Rose out of my guitar about a months ago, and needed a new set of strings in order to re-float it, set the intonation and tune it up. I'm just finished it and the guitar plays like she was brand new!

I need to do the same, although I keep putting it off. Really can't be bothered to mess around with the floating trem stuff.

---------

Today i went to see Harry Potter, i liked it. A lot better than the first few.

Shitty day today, the boss came to visit from head office today, told me starting next week I'm going to be on 3 days a week evey week :cry: that will probably cut my wage slip by half.

He also told on of the girls she's losing her job end of next month.

We'll then just have 3 people in the office, and with me on 3 day weeks, effectivly that's 2.5 people :heh:

That sucks, but at least you're still in a joooob. But, half wages, ouch. :(

*hugs voor Xtreme Franklin*

My day has been ok. Sent some more stuff off to the job agency, which included a passport photo, which was created last night by my brother taking pictures of me infront of a wooden door, using my camera phone. We had to redo it a few times because the lighting was a bit crap in the room, and because I wasn't happy with the picturrre.

Today itself has been ok. My Mum went to the hospital for some sort of procedure where they shock her heart to try and push it back into rhythm. It's got a name for it, but I forget. I could've done it for free though. Just hide behind the curtains andRAAAAGH. I don't think the procedure worked all that well, but it was worth a try.

I'm also commencing operation clean-up dans le living room et dans my bedroom. I seem to create a mess in every living room I am a part of. The living room is kinda like...my second bedroom, haha. About 70% of the stuff in here is mine. Whoopsie.

I need to do the same, although I keep putting it off. Really can't be bothered to mess around with the floating trem stuff.

It's actually not that hard. Tedious, but not hard.

Check out

video. This will help alot. {If you dont have a tremolo blocker, just disregard that part and use something to brace the tremolo from the front - ie under the fine tuning screws}

Cheers Conzer (you back in Dublin now yeah?) and Fierce.

Actually went for a little walk after dinner, with Joy, took her to one of my fav "relax" places, on the cliff side since the weather was good, like to go there and kick back for a while when I need to clear me head, made a video about the place earlier in the year

Was on a 3day week end of last year/start this year but only for 2 weeks in the month so it wasn't so bad, I was able to claim social welfare then for the days I was "unemployed", so I should be able to now... unless my previous claim has some sort of effect on making a new one so soon (been back on full time since April).

Now it's a 3 day week every week, until "things pick up" which could be 8 months if I'm lucky, but likely more given how things are... and there's absaloutely zero new jobs going in my area which has just been hit bad with the recession and factory closures and other business... Joy's not got a job yet either.

On the plus side I guess we'll have more time together which is something we haven't had much of since she arrived, I think there's only been one weekend so far since she got here that I wasn't working on the saturday (worked extra saturdays cuz people on holiday, unfortunatley not cuz things were busy, hence the current short-timeage)

today started off poor and ended in epic win. at the beggnning of the day i was doing fuck all till lunch, in which i went out for glass of coke and a choclate chip muffin which was delicous.

i then came home and browsed the internet. the best part though was when i checked my ucas see if my results are in and they are so im going to leeds met in september to study games design, so i cant wait. also my coincedence the acomedation i reserved for leeds if any places came up, came up so im now living were i wanted to.

and my night finished off by going out for a chinese and drink after woulds so that was good.

Cheers Conzer (you back in Dublin now yeah?) and Fierce.

All finished in Dublin now. Graduating from UCD on Sept 1st. Back in Wexford now - can't afford the rent in Dublin anymore!...and seriously looking for a job. But as is everywhere, it's proving rather difficult!

chin up!

Yesterday was probably my most productive day since I had my surgery over a month ago, heh. I finally decided to try and get out of the cage of boredom I had apparently been caught in for a while now already.

Finally got out my painting stuff and worked on a new drawing for a few hours. I hope to scan it today and get started on a new one soon. =)

Grandpa also came over and had dinner with us. He ate his own bread first, but then after we were finished he did decide to try some of our food, which was wok vegetables with some sort of noodles mixed in. Don't think he ever had it before but he liked it. =)

And then in the evening my sister and I decided to go to the cinema to see Harry Potter, which we thought was goooood. Film didn't start until 10:30pm and finished at about 1am heh. Not many people there but I don't mind! Though doing all those stairs on crutches is quite annoying. =P

*Spermsplodes*

Right. Comic shop just informed me of promo Black Lantern Rings. I will have this. Awesome. So happy. Didn't know the existence of these until today.

I had a letter from my bank stating they reckon someones got my card details (but not used them....so how they know someones got them I have no idea) but I appreciate their concern. Anyway they told me to cut up my card so of course I didn't (cos I like cards.) Anyway I thought I'd chance it and try to check my balance/withdraw moneyz, and the machine ate my card. It said its retaining it.

It was kinda awesome cos' I didn't expect it. So that made me smile.

And Invincible is out today. God this days going to be SO amazing when I get out of work.

I think I just had a cracking fit today, I thought one was going to come but measures taken werent enough. This has seriously impeded my Harry Potter watchings. I have an hour left of Goblet of Fire before can start Order of The Phoenix.

I managed to watch the films in time. However the 9pm showing was fully sold out and I literally didn't have the energy to wait til the 10pm showing.

I ended up going to bed at 10:40, probably my earliest time in years.

I'm a tad pissed off

An application form arrives today from Monmouthshire CC for a housing admin officer position i enquired about on Monday. Not bad i guess, only flaw with it is that the application form is due in tomorrow at 12pm. Idiots.