Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Partially annoyed. I'll be the first person to admit when I've done something wrong. Anyone someone in a different department says that I gave incorrect information. The call was listened to and it turns out I didn't at all, and I was 100% in the right, except the person who listened to it has said two things now that I find a bit off/ridiculous.

She said there was a misunderstanding on both ends. (Which there was only a misunderstanding on one end. And it wasn't my end)

and

It wasn't entirely my fault.

When it wasn't at all my fault.

Meh.

Basically a colleague in London (who should know better) was asking me how to action a one off withdrawal on the plan. I thought she meant a regular withdrawal from the plan due to the terminoligy she was using being consistent with the terminoligy we (as a company) would use for regular withdrawals as opposed to a one off.

During the call I clarified saying "Yes, for a regular withdrawal we require" etc, and the person I was speaking with didn't correct me or say "No, not for a regular, for a one off"

Ie entirely her fault.

Basically a colleague in London (who should know better) was asking me how to action a one off withdrawal on the plan. I thought she meant a regular withdrawal from the plan due to the terminoligy she was using being consistent with the terminoligy we (as a company) would use for regular withdrawals as opposed to a one off.

During the call I clarified saying "Yes, for a regular withdrawal we require" etc, and the person I was speaking with didn't correct me or say "No, not for a regular, for a one off"

Ie entirely her fault.

Certainly sounds like it from what you put down there.

Just about sorted out everything for the house party tomorrow. Used the services of my mate to acquire 2 crates of Carling, 1 pack of some Portuguese Lager for him, 8 cans of Blackthorn for my mate, 26 Burgers, 26 Sausages with the same amount of rolls for each. Just need cheese and onions now and all done, shall get that in the morning.

As for right now, just chilling out watching MJ's Live in Bucharest: Dangerous Tour, unsurprisingly 6 people fainted during Jam which was the first song. Still would rather be in work.

Edited by Jimbob

Ah the joy. I've had to play peacekeeper in my household today to stop my mother and brother from fighting. Basically boils down to one of the cats being ill (my brother's cat) and he's now at the vets because of a possible viral infection but they've discovered possible respiratory and heart problems which may have been lying uncovered since he was born, like 7 years ago so strange they haven't found anything till now. So he's at the vets and they're running tests to see how they're going to improve his current health. Now, they're doing the best they can and so is my mother who has being doing all of the vet visiting while my brother sits on his arse playing WoW and yet he threatened to kill her if the cat dies because it's my mother's fault. :nono: The medical evidence would say otherwise but he's such a little s**t that he won't listen to it. Stupid prick. As a result, mother's been crying. It's a bit of a mess really and I'm in the middle trying to keep it all calm and barely doing it. Really need to get away from this kind of crap.

--------------

Elsewhere, I went out of the house for a bit to get away from said situation and bought The Conduit for the Wii. Kinda wishing I hadn't though as I'm not in the mood to play it but I'll have to to get a review done. Have sent off two CVs: one for a bar job and the other for a job in Jessops the camera store/place. Hoping to get replies to them. Think tomorrow I'll head out on my own and go to the cinema or something. Anything to get away from the house.

Went to work with my dad today. Took an old ceiling down and then put a new one up. Then I left about 2 and he stayed and plastered. He's just got back and gave me £40. Not bad.

When we took the ceiling down so much dust came down. I was completely covered in black dust. It took ages to get off in the shower. Even my snot was pure black. I still have a bit on my scalp that I couldn't get off. I had to shave my beard just to get my face clean.

My brother is indeed an asshole Dan. Got an update from the vets saying there's nothing wrong with the cat's heart but it looks like he's got lymphoma. My mother came to tell my brother this and he ignored it completely. I mean, he was acting like how he was earlier yet when he was being told this it was as if he didn't give a toss. Argh... someone had better restrain me before I hit him.

Went out getting stuff for tomorrow's 80's birthdayness with Han an her mum, before grabbing some lunch at some local cafe place. Her grandma is a total knob. She kepy saying "Well, its all down hill from here" etc. Die already please. (She's racist and annoying too).

Then, got my haircut and dyed it so it would actually go darrrk brown this time, rather than just remove the lighter bits from my hair. I love it. Really don't want to wake up 18 tomorrow, the idea of being classed as an adult sounds so depressing.

Went out getting stuff for tomorrow's 80's birthdayness with Han an her mum, before grabbing some lunch at some local cafe place. Her grandma is a total knob. She kepy saying "Well, its all down hill from here" etc. Die already please. (She's racist and annoying too).

TBF she's right. Well I spose uni is the high point and then its downhill.

Still, hardly the thing you should be saying to your grandaughter on her 18th is it? Rude bitch. If I ever get that horiffic, I demand to be killed.

I'd say she's quite pessismistic about life, uni isn't always the high point of everybodies life, there's marriage and kids and having your own business or climbing everest to go yet!

I travelled back home today, I managed to find my railcard :yay:, so I'm abit happier about that, means I now have alot of money in my bank thanks to getting back my deposit for halls. I feel relief for once about money, but I still need to find a job anyway.

Going to drive back to sheffield monday - myself. A scary thought but my dad's coming with me just incase!

Guest Captain Falcon
I'd say she's quite pessismistic about life, uni isn't always the high point of everybodies life, there's marriage and kids and having your own business or climbing everest to go yet!

Uni barely registers as a blip in terms of the high points of my life but then I didn't do the whole university experience so I guess it wouldn't. It was merely a means to end I don't want to reach any longer...

I think I've had the worst day ever. He who shall not be named (the dickhead that reported us) has now gone off on sick for 2 weeks.

Myself and the part timer struggled through the day extremely shortstaffed. I'm completely frazzled and now have a massive migraine. The boss had a go at me for saying the part timer who stayed extra (she did 5&1/2 hours) could have a lunch break. Pathetic. Apparently you have to work 6 hours to qualify for a lunch. Heres me thinkin it wouldn't be a problem, we were both stretched to the fucking limit..

I feel like i'm gonna end up having a breakdown if this continues.

Which it will, we have me and another person on all week next week.

Sorry to hear work is continuing to epicsuck Hannah Banana :(

Started filling out some postgrad bursary application form and they want to know if I have applied for a career advancement loan (or whatever its called) and if not why not...because I don't want a loan. I don't want to be owing money to some bank, I'd rather work my arse off now. Think I can put that (in better words)?

Although im starting to think "well the economy is shittastic, maybe I should get a TEFL qualification and sod off to Italy. Migrate during the recession.

I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger, but she ain't messin' with no broke niggers

This is somewhat interesting.

I have just stumbled across someone on Facebook who is mutual friends with four of my friends....however...all four are from (almost) totally different "groups" of friends. Technically two are similar.

A friend I know through comic shop who lives in Amersham.

A friend I know through comic shop who lives in Chesham.

A friend I know through college who lives in Beaconsfield.

A friend I know through work who lives in Aylesbury.

Well I thought it was quite interesting.