Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Really tired. Just feel zapped of all energy. Went to Uni. Everything is sorted out now. They've said that my changing to MA English is conditional on passing this semester but I know I have to so it's finally official. :yay: Really happy now. Meeting only lasted 5 minutes so really took the piss a bit after having to come in to Uni so late in the day. But never mind. Walking home in the sun was great. Very hot. Really should stop carrying my jacket with me as it weighs a ton and is just a pain in the backside and never going to get used in this weather.

Went to HMV and what a surprise, they didn't have the CD I wanted!:mad: Going out tomorrow to see if it's in stores then as the band says that it's released 2nd of June everywhere but I just thought that because we get new releases on Monday it would be out. Not hopeful in finding it tomorrow but we'll see.

Also, @ Nightwolf - it probably doesn't mean anything coming from me but *hugz*.

So like odd day today... There was a few ducks outside of my office (this being odd because there is no water anywhere near us) and later on I went outside at lunch and found a duck egg :o

Then I found out that my neighbour had a heart attack.. He's been in a coma for two weeks and its really not looking good. Sad times.

So like odd day today... There was a few ducks outside of my office (this being odd because there is no water anywhere near us) and later on I went outside at lunch and found a duck egg :o

Then I found out that my neighbour had a heart attack.. He's been in a coma for two weeks and its really not looking good. Sad times.

That is odd indeed... what did you do with the duck egg? *is curious*

Also I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour :( I hope he manages to pull through. *hugs*

*hugs for nightwolf*

And sorry about your neighbour too Raining. =(

Today has been a pretty average day. Spent a couple of hours at work, earning money (yay!). Came back home and have been trying to get more work done on my paper, I'm at about 3000 words so far... not enoughhhhh. Need to find sources on strong female characters (like Jade from BG&E and April Ryan from Dreamfall/Longest Journey). Hope to finish my first chapter tonight, maybe. >.>;

Also had chineeeeeeeeese for dinner tonight. Was nothing at home for dinner and since it's a public holiday stores were closed, so I suggested Chinese food (which is open 'cause it's a catholic holiday I guess). Mmmm. Eggrolls. Prawn crisps. Chicken curryyy. ^_____^

*hugs for Nightwolf and R_A*

Eenuh; Joanna Dark?

Finishing off bits and bobs today. Charging everything. Finishing off packing. Getting money which was a right faff. Ordered it into the branch and they said I had to have my reference number so had as we were going to nan's checked on my ipod for a confirmation email, it doesn't say anywhere on there that you need it but back I go. Then they say "you didn't print it off? oooh I don't know..." so I just said "you can read the email if you want, it doesn't even ask for the reference number just my card and passport". They eventually stopped being dicks.

Also rang my nan's friend who has been going to Japan for from what I can gather a good 20 years and she told me all kinds of stuff. Some of it not relevant but she was nice and helpful and we exchanged emails and I said I'd keep her informed.

And I gave my hamster one of those fruit and nut bar things (like you give to birds). Put it on the edge of her top floor and she went above it and picked it up in her mouth and started dragging it up but it dropped. She peered over the edge with an "oops!" face. So cute.

Anyway I think this is me over and out. Gotta be up at 4am. Going to drink wine and have a bath to unwind and hopefully lull me into sleep. Wish me luck on my flights tomorrow (as one of Air France's aircrafts went missing today, although I have to laugh at BBC News "In pictures: Air France plane vanishes"...hmm). ^_^

*hugs for Nightwolf and R_A*

Eenuh; Joanna Dark?

Finishing off bits and bobs today. Charging everything. Finishing off packing. Getting money which was a right faff. Ordered it into the branch and they said I had to have my reference number so had as we were going to nan's checked on my ipod for a confirmation email, it doesn't say anywhere on there that you need it but back I go. Then they say "you didn't print it off? oooh I don't know..." so I just said "you can read the email if you want, it doesn't even ask for the reference number just my card and passport". They eventually stopped being dicks.

Also rang my nan's friend who has been going to Japan for from what I can gather a good 20 years and she told me all kinds of stuff. Some of it not relevant but she was nice and helpful and we exchanged emails and I said I'd keep her informed.

And I gave my hamster one of those fruit and nut bar things (like you give to birds). Put it on the edge of her top floor and she went above it and picked it up in her mouth and started dragging it up but it dropped. She peered over the edge with an "oops!" face. So cute.

Anyway I think this is me over and out. Gotta be up at 4am. Going to drink wine and have a bath to unwind and hopefully lull me into sleep. Wish me luck on my flights tomorrow (as one of Air France's aircrafts went missing today, although I have to laugh at BBC News "In pictures: Air France plane vanishes"...hmm). ^_^

Joanna Dark is too sexualized though. =P

I need characters that haven't been used/shown in a sexual way. Only ones I have are Jade and April Ryan. But yeah just need sources on strong female characters, even if it's not on these two. X3

Also, have a great time in Japannnn! Have a nice and safe journey too. ^____^

Samus Aran? Eventually sexualised a wee bit. That Woman From Mirror's Edge? I do not know any more. I am slightly miffed at a woman's voice humming from - I swear - my fridge. It's a little freaky.

EDIT: Ok so as soon as I posted that, the hums turned to sobs.

Rather creeped out...

I need characters that haven't been used/shown in a sexual way. Only ones I have are Jade and April Ryan. But yeah just need sources on strong female characters, even if it's not on these two. X3

Samus Aran? she's suited up for like... 99.9% of most of the Metroid games so I'd say that counts as not being "sexualized" and she's certainly strong.

Samus Aran? Eventually sexualised a wee bit. That Woman From Mirror's Edge? I do not know any more. I am slightly miffed at a woman's voice humming from - I swear - my fridge. It's a little freaky.

EDIT: Ok so as soon as I posted that, the hums turned to sobs.

Rather creeped out...

Ok so its a cliche, but I have to ask, what have you been taking/smoking/ingesting/drinking?

Rubbish day! Too hot, too sleepy, too hungry, and my Xbox is on it's way out. I can't play it twice in a row: it's fine while turned on, but if I turn it off-on again I get RROD until it cools down. Probably due to the intense heat of the last few days. Didn't get anything done that I was intending on doing, other than watching the MS conference which was pretty crappy.

Cider. Found £15 in my wallet so that ain't gonna end anytime soon.

That reminds me, must get some more cider tomorrow... maybe if not then Wednesday, also I discovered today that my place of work does indeed sell Jalapenos :o gonna pick up some of those too methinks.

Also, have a great time in Japannnn! Have a nice and safe journey too. ^____^

Chel from Portal is quite a good example I reckon, albeit you don't really see her at all, it being first-person and all.

I'll have a deeper think and get back to you! :)

My mind was blown by Microsoft's E3 conference. Expectations were exceeded, games look superb and the future of the 360 looks safe. I'm a happy bunny. Nintendo/Sony have a whole lot to do to match up.

I agree. People can complain it's a wii/eye toy ripoff or that it can't even compete because it's not the same thing and it's a gimmick or whatever, but what they showed was immensely cool.

One thing I've realised, conferences in front of mainly a English speaking audience shouldn't be done by French people. So hard to understand what these French dudes are saying in the Ubi conference.

My day: sorted out forms for loans. Watched the Microsoft conference. Missed the EA conference. Watching the Ubi conference. Awesome day.

This Ubisoft conference is ridiculous. Unfortunately the thread hasn't been opened but it's just a guy ranting on about his movie! For a solid 10/15 minutes. It's ridiculous.

James Cameron, he directed Terminator 1 and 2. But yeah, it's boring as hell. E3 is not for movies.

Chel from Portal is quite a good example I reckon, albeit you don't really see her at all, it being first-person and all.

I'll have a deeper think and get back to you! :)

On that note, what about GLaDOS? I'm sure there are some more non-standard representations of females even in well known games if you look hard enough.

Today was abysmal. So much freaking revising, and I still have no clue about Postmodernism. But, thanks to a rather brilliant convo with Razz on msn, I feel totally calm again. Bad thing is, it's now 2am, and I need to be up early to begin revising. Damn it to hell.

Although it's study leave, I did intend on going into school this morning. But I got a bowling ball in my stomach, got a desert in my mouth (or so it feels). So I stayed at home/in bed

My stomach is just more painful than earlier on. Now my chest hurts too.

Swine flu tbf.

*sigh* Jamie is gone. Out of my life for 6 months.

Amazing day yesterday.

Me up with my friend. It's his last week before he leaves FOREVER!!! (Not really but might as well be) We sat in Trafalgar in the sun for a bit. Walked round, got some food and sat in the park. Went to see Drag Me To Hell.

drag-me-to-hell-poster.jpg

Awesome film. Very Sam Raimi. Freaky and horrifically unjust.

Then went to The Old Blue Last, the pub and saw MATT & KIM!!!!

3587348232_cdc636ac85.jpg

I talked to Kim for a bit and got a picture with her. She also gave me her drum sticks!!!!

: D :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Managed to get to my friend's birthday party at midnight. Went to Punk, the nightclub Ledley King beat the bouncer up outside of. I have no idea what he was doing there because it's not great.

Then I finally got home. :smile:

More awesome stuff happened but those were the highlights.