NEurope

Last night I had a dart thrown in my head.

Dart win.

Where did it land? How deep did it penetrate (thats what she said)

Dart win.

Where did it land? How deep did it penetrate (thats what she said)

It was lobbed in the air I had my head tilted and caught me on the side. I was just 'fuuuuuuuuuuck a dart in my head' and pulled it out, then it bled everywhere. :D

Yay!

MOONS AND STARS!

Coco Pops cereal, not too bad.

So I finished my first year of Uni. :yay:

I packed everything away on Friday and my Dad drove me back on the Saturday, 6 hours and 20 minute journey. pumped out some massive choons on the way!

The last thing I did in Bangor?

Slip and fall down a wet hill, stylish. :awesome:

Since being back I've arranged my shelf neatly and stupidly so that half my games and DVD's are actually still in a box.

I also wanted to put my posters on the wall but they have only made it as far as the floor. :p

I had chicken pie as a welcome home treat, that was tasty!

and yesterday I got to see my new nephew or the first time who definitely plays mind games with me. :heh: I poked him on the nose.

The rest of the day was spent with my other nephew playing football, swing ball, flying a kite with no wind and building a fail tent out of cricket stumps and a picnic rug/mat. :D

Also played on the Wii. :)

A family of swifts are building a nest right next to my window, there's swifts everywhere!

We've got a family of Blue tits who feed in our garden. Although the mum and dad are looking quite ragged, the children are very demanding. To be fed and stuff.

Pretty much all I've done this weekend is watch films, it's been great.

P.S I want to be stood next to R2D2, so much.

Blue tits .

lol

uhh, yeah! The Life and Times of Daniel 'Dare' Phillips are as follows:

Deadline tomorrow. Not a problem. Plenty to get on with but nothing hard. Easy times from here on in.

Went to see girl last night. Relationships are too complex but...want. More. Again. Dan am confused :(

Led Zeppelin > Everyone else/ my troubles.

Am I the only here who absolutely love the Spider-Man movies and think they're great?

Anyway, I had my final written exam today, which was Greek. It was a great assignment, and I think I did very well.

Am I the only here who absolutely love the Spider-Man movies and think they're great?

Anyway, I had my final written exam today, which was Greek. It was a great assignment, and I think I did very well.

I loved the first two, obviously the third was shit.

My day has consisted of Uncharted 2 Multiplayer and Caffeinated drinks.

This except PC games. Oh gosh it's been heaven.

Died my hair yesterday, have to re-do the purple as I forgot to cut my hair before hand. Damn.

But yes, woo download = 9 days and I've not bought anything, EEK!

I loved the first two, obviously the third was shit.

Ironically, I think the third's my favourite, although it's a close call.

Ironically, I think the third's my favourite, although it's a close call.

nvtt21.gif

I think it's probably a bit different if you've read and loved the comics for most of your life though. None of the characters except Aunt May actually captured anything of the comic characters they were based on. I think some perfomances worked well...I liked Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn, even though it's a bit different from the comics, it had to be.

But Peter Parker, Spidey and Mary Jane are the three that needed to be done right and instead of the smart, full-of-life characters from the comics, we get slurring, sleepy-eyed 20-somethings who inspire nothing but nonchalance.

At least the X-Men movies tried to get it some what right in capturing the essence of the source material (the third one is bad though, let's not lie).

Maybe I'm not as picky about movies based on other media as most people are. I know a movie will never really capture what the book/comic/whatever had, so I think of it as a different retelling of the same story.

Maybe I'm not as picky about movies based on other media as most people are. I know a movie will never really capture what the book/comic/whatever had, so I think of it as a different retelling of the same story.

The Dark Knight , X-Men 2, Iron Man etc all captured the "essence" of their respective comics decades long history (70 years in Batman's case), while telling an original story. There are some elements that need to remain in the characters through translation. Spider-Man wasn't Spider-Man at all. He wasn't amusing or quick-witted. The humour in the films usually came from the minor characters like Jameson and Betty Brant, which is just backward.

I tried watching the films a few months ago and just switched them off half-way through. I'd seen them enough...they suck the life out of me.

Reading Ultimate Spider-man provides a modern re-imaging of Spidey to much greater effect.

Had my jury for my dissertation today. Was suuuuuuuper nervous. But apart from one teacher asking stupid/annoying questions, I think it went very well! I even got a thumbs up from a teacher when she walked out, whooo! =D

To celebrate Jim and I went shopping. I ended up getting a summer dress, and am in the process of getting another one (if I can decide which one to get). You can help me decide here!

We also went for a yummy lunch, mmmm.

And now we're going to relax with a film and drink some cider tonight. Whooo. Then after that back to work haha. =P

..thank goodness this month is almost over :hmm: I have faith that June will be much better, though.. at some point :smile:

The Dark Knight , X-Men 2, Iron Man etc all captured the "essence" of their respective comics decades long history (70 years in Batman's case), while telling an original story. There are some elements that need to remain in the characters through translation. Spider-Man wasn't Spider-Man at all. He wasn't amusing or quick-witted. The humour in the films usually came from the minor characters like Jameson and Betty Brant, which is just backward.

I tried watching the films a few months ago and just switched them off half-way through. I'd seen them enough...they suck the life out of me.

Reading Ultimate Spider-man provides a modern re-imaging of Spidey to much greater effect.

I'm sure you're right, I'm just saying I seem more capable of enjoying movies that deviate from their original incarnations moreso than other people. I, too, highly prefer movies to stay close to the source material, but I can easily enjoy them even if they don't. :)

Been a good day. Weather has been nice anyway, if a little chilly because it has been a bit windy.

Did a bit of writing. Wasn't in the mood for it when I started but it went well enough. Not finished it but I'm half way done and I'll wrap it up tomorrow morning.

Went into neighbouring town for a bit and bought DJ Hero and some lunch before coming home and buying a t-shirt online. Spent the rest of the day playing DJ Hero, which is much better than I thought it would be but the music isn't great. Never have been a fan of dance/hip hop music so that's no surprise but it's fun enough that I can mostly ignore.

And this evening.... well I think I'll head out to get some drink then come home and watch a moooooovie!

I need some new gamings. Having a look on Zavvi for their "Mega Monday" bargains.

Super Street Fighter IV for £18, anyone recommend?

I spent my day on the 360 and achieving a mere 40g's. How uncool!

Never realised that a console could be as addictive as crack, until today.

God damn achievements! God damn dyson for convincing me to buy this bloody thing!!! It's all your bloody fault!! =P

I spent my day on the 360 and achieving a mere 40g's. How uncool!

Never realised that a console could be as addictive as crack, until today.

God damn achievements! God damn dyson for convincing me to buy this bloody thing!!! It's all your bloody fault!! =P

One of us! One of us!

One of us! One of us!

YES! A Freaks reference!

Sofas Cunting Sofas (I have been told what SCS stands for but I forget so I call it that instead) today. Was okay. Pervey man gave me the pissjitters. He is probably going to be fired tomorrow if not...we'll see. Anyway. Back to the cafe tomorrow and I have to be there at 8am which means a 5:30 wake up. Sheesh! Meant to do the same on Wednesday but going to be late as I'm quitting that day anyway.

And I have plans to visit a friend on Wednesday after work. Seeing someone else on Friday. Asked someone else about Saturday but nothing yet. Plus I'll try and pencil in my nan at some point. Nice to have plans.

As it wasn't explained the other day the origins behind Dan's new name (as I just explained to Razz):

Me and jayseven were comparing ourselves to tv characters (inane texting). I said he reminds me of Otto. He said I was Mr Burns and then we concluded that Dan's lack of skills lead to a subservient attitude. Ergo Smithers.
Edited by Ashley

Pfft, Achievements. Trophies are where it's at.

Pfft, Achievements. Trophies are where it's at.

Pfft, a life is where it's at.

Pfft, a life is where it's at.

Hence why you spend most of yours posting on here.

Hence why you spend most of yours posting on here.

I never said I had one.