NEurope

So after my exam yesterday - which went pretty well - a few of us decided to go to the Union for a quick pint as all drinks are a pound on Tuesdays. A pint turned into another and another we ended up on a full-blown night out and getting home at 8 in the morning.... Not the best idea considering I've got an exam tomorrow. However, I managed to escape a serious hangover and got some decent revision done today.

Also went out for a run this evening which made me feel slightly less guilty than I did before about going out. 4.7km in 24 minutes exactly, which still isn't the greatest time in the world (I'm aiming to cut it down to 20 minutes by the time I'm back in Uni in September). Felt a bit weary before I'd even started and being a bit woozy whilst running isn't the best. However, 24 minutes is 5 seconds better than my best which I'm putting down to me running with a friend tonight and him setting a decent pace.

A female friend of mine is going through some emotional stuff right now, and I seem to have become her rebound guy.

She has a boyfriend, yet she has been in love with my best friend for a long time now (during which she has had other boyfriends, so I wonder about her true feelings about those guys as well as her her current boyfriend). Now, my best friend is a great guy, but he simply doesn't have romantic feelings for her, and she has been very depressed about it, expressing low self-esteem etc. We have texted a lot the past few days, and I have been very supportive as a good friend should, but it now seems like I am (again) becoming the rebound guy as she appears to have developed feelings for me - romantic, sexual or simply deeply platonic, I'm not sure. Last time she had romantic issues, I was also the rebound guy, and I fell in love with her, but it didn't work out, and we're simply close friends now. I don't have romantic feelings for her anymore, either.

I have no idea if this is going to lead anywhere, nor am I sure I want it to as I think she's just very emotionally confused. If only she could fall truly in love with a guy who truly loves her back. She deserves it.

So yeah, I just needed to get that off my chest. It wears you out a bit constantly having to help lift the emotional baggage of others, but I think she's starting to feel better. At least I hope so. This isn't exactly what one needs when trying to revise for exams.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

I had my last exam of the year today, sexy beans. :yay: Me thinks it went well.

Plus I got my Class A licence on Burnout Paradise. :)

and 5000 plays of Miley Cyrus. :grin:

I got sprayed intensely with water by a hose being blasted over a wall. I was talking to my mum at the time on the phone!

After which I then had 3 oldmen shuffling along looking at me and shouting POLICE POLICE!

Rest of the day has been lazy, The Simpsons kees me warm at night. :D

Oh and I go home on Saturday, ACTUAL FOOD. OM NOM NOM NOM!

Dannyboy; sounds pretty awkward. What makes you think she's developing feelings this time? Are you sure it's not just you projecting how you feel upon what she does?

My day; made the best meal I've cooked so far. Did some rice, fried in mustard seeds with onions and garlic, then chicken-stocked with some parsley and lemon. Coupled with a perfect prawn curry made from my own paste... It tasted like something you'd get for an M&S microwave meal. That's a good thing, I assure you!

Talking of projecting feelings; I am leaning towards staying in sheffield again, however! My ex- is, essentially, the girl I want to be with, so long as she basically fattens up a bit and stops dying slowly through this anorexia stuff. The libido side of me has been piqued by two girls from brighton showing an interest - one a girl I've had a crush on for about 7 years who recently has been talking to me a lot, and has asked me to consider getting a place with her in brighton. She's not explicitly said anything to do with feelings to me, but I've known her for ages, and each time she's between boyfriends we hit it off and get a little close, and after our conversation I noticed she's single again on facebook. She's a homely girl who, frankly, isn't aware of how attractive she is, therefore 'in my league' :P

Also another girl I hooked up with is coming back from australia soon, and each time we speak she can't help but say "I want to see you again, and i want sex, and I'm sorry I annoyed you by using all these words and not just sexing you." She's also totally crazy.

But in a way, these two girls are just ammo for fantasy life. Reality = I am to be single for a long time, and eventually 'settle' with the ex-, even though I actually really, really deeply care for her and would love to spend my life with her, she's just a bit too fucked up and it's hard to really know what it is I want to do with my life and hard to really succinctly describe the 'dilemma' I am in. Running away to another city/country altogether is the dark horse in the race to decide what I do with my life. Just give up and start again. MELODRAMAA!

... For now, I'll go back to watching Flight of the Conchords and catching up on HIMYM until someone tells me to do something.

Oh and I found out that costcutters near my old flat now closes at 1, instead of 2. 20 minute walk for the lose.

Dannyboy; sounds pretty awkward. What makes you think she's developing feelings this time? Are you sure it's not just you projecting how you feel upon what she does?

It's indeed awkward. Dunno, it could just be me reading thing into it. But she has always been one to send mixed and confusing signals, and I'm pretty certain that she has developed some form of special attachment to me. What sort of feelings that attachment carries, I really have no clue about, and to be honest I don't think she has, either, seeing as she's so emotionally confused at the moment.

I just hope she starts feeling better about herself and life in general soon. I really hope I'm making a difference there.

Ironically, that topic has already been brought up. One of the reasons I'm certain she has some sort of attachment to me. But being the good-hearted idiot that I am, I said she should sort out her feelings first so she doesn't do something she'll regret.

To be fair I have no idea if it was a genuine offer or just hypothetical pondering, but it's all the same, really. It'd be a very stupid thing to do as things are currently.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

@ Danny. Do what is best for you, personally i don't like re-bound relationships at all. They never go right because one of the parties always has feelings for the ex/soon to be.

Having a busy day so far, first time to myself really is right now. Been hamper delivering, leaflet distributing, searching for stuff, post sorting etc. Gonna be busy right up to 3:30pm or 4pm, depending on when i finish.

Danny:

trap.gif

But seriously, don't fall for her. It's only gonna lead to regrets (on one side or both sides). Like you said, being the rebound guy is not a good thing.

I just made a schedule for all the work I have to do. I think I'm gonna have to skip sleeping and/or eating in the next two weeks to get it all done haha. Sheeeeeet.

Wow lots of love drama today

Danny: I agree with Eenuh, stay away, you'll more than likely get some serious hurt from her!

Jay: You seem to be doing the right thing, you obviously really love your ex! I'm sure she'll sort herself out if she loves you as much in return

Good luck guys!

Yesterday was great, got all my gear home, chilled out, got meals cooked for me and generally felt good! Its actually be nice to be home, shame really as my sister wants to move back here, whereas I don't want to stay (permanently) so we need to do a switch, only issue is my mum is ignoring her because she can be a pain in the arse, dirty, nicks clothes, doesn't clean anything etc. Its a shame because if she talked to my mum the way she talks to me it'd be fine.

Ah today will be great nothing to do all day :D

Haha! Thanks guys. :) But don't worry, I won't fall for her again. Since last time I've gotten over her emotionally. However, if she is still open to the idea of friendly sex after having sorted her emotions out, I certainly won't mind it at all. ;)

Wow. There was just a sudden downpour and a single clap of thunder, and now my entire Facebook homepage is taken up by the same message - "OMG THUNDER AND LIGHTNINGS" "omg thunderrr" "omfg did anybody else hear the thunder?" "wow thunder and lightning!"

Urgh... Today has been one of those days that seems to go on, and on, and on..... I just want it to end! I mean, if it wasn't for the fact that I'll probably be asleep by then, I'd probably celebrate when it hit 00:01am. That's how I feel today/right now.

So my day has consisted of the following:

- Playing PoP: The Forgotten Sands on the Wii

- Writing the review for said game, which I'll finish tomorrow morning

- Trying to locate a new 360 for a decent price, and one that isn't banned from XBL or chipped/modded

- Partaking in various activities such as watching tv, dvds and various other things to stave off boredom, none of which have really worked

I'm getting a bit worried. I'm slowly, or in the case of today quickly, slipping back into a monotonous routine of bugger all; the same kind of routine that helped put me into my spate of depression. For the life of me I can't think of anything to do to fill the day other than the usual 'search/apply for a job and get no reply' crap. I could really do with getting away from home for a bit or taking up something new but this town is so boring that there's never anything happening. ::shrug:

Think today was probably just a bad day so hopefully it'll all be better tomorrow. I hope so because the absence of an activity has led me to start thinking of things and has left me feeling weird or unsure about them. *sigh* Who wants a drink? :laughing:

Yesterday:

- Went to London.

- Met Jodie for a light bite.

- Went to hostel to drop stuff off and they couldn't find my booking for about 10 minutes.

- Went to meet my friend but she was running late.

- Got lost in the Troc...asomething centre.

- Finally met my friend/hypothetical crush and we went to eat.

- Then gigbound! Picked up my photo pass at the door and said "what can I do with this then" (meaning perks wise) and she said "take photos" "yeah...[i can do that anyway]" "only the first three songs, no flash!" Sure...

- Two support acts were okay, as far as support acts go

- fuuuuuun. :DSo close. He even touched my friends head at some point (randomly).

- Hung around afterwards hoping to speak to the band but the bouncer cleared us out :(

- Back to hostel. Didn't feel like sleeping so went for a stroll instead.

Today:

- Only other guy in the room left at 6am which meant room was my own until I left. Score.

- Forgot conditioner and a towel so had to dab myself clean with a face cloth.

- Checked out but had time to kill. Went to British Library (as they had an exhibition on) and wondered around Regent's Park.

- Train was rammajamma.

- Made my way home. Ate noodles. Showered. Suited up. Off I go again.

- Interview with Greek fast food manager (Theo?) which I think went okay

- "We may ask you to train in Greece, is this okay?" No....?

- Made my way home.

- Sorted through 300-odd photos from last night and uploaded to facebook.

- Few other things to do tonight.

- Another interview tomorrow.

- Also checked train times for the shifts I'm doing and they're a bloody pain. One day I have to be at the town 40 minutes early (or be late) and another day I have to be there 1:20 early!

- IZ DEAD

28129_396476856492_536116492_4527151_2352780_n.jpg

Today I did my 3rd of 4 exams, the last one being tomorrow morning, which also happens to be my 21st birthday!

The only thing I've done to revise for tomorrow's exam is look through the lecture slide. After 3 lectures I now know what a blog, wiki and RSS feeds are. Some class this is, 3rd year of University? More suited to primary school. I won't be doing anymore revision for it tonight and everyone else in the class seems to agree with me on that so I won't be alone in that one.

Yesterday: I got teh GAME job! So, not only am I to start working again, but I'm working Mon-Thu. Fridays and weekends off; in retail? What madness is this?! I start on the 12th June. Bring it on!

Today: I managed to get an auto-tuner running on my PC so I can sound like even more of a retard on voice comm programs. Sounding like a white, British T-Pain has never been easier.

Yesterday: I got teh GAME job! So, not only am I to start working again, but I'm working Mon-Thu. Fridays and weekends off; in retail? What madness is this?! I start on the 12th June. Bring it on!

That (weekends off) will never last. Hello summer holidays and staff time off :p

But congrats :D

Haha it's most likely because most part-timers want to work weekends, so you don't have to compete with them! I'd love to work at GAME! congrats. :)

Told the parents about the boyfriend today and how he lives in Essex and has a full-time job, they were surprised, but in a good way. I'm a lot happier, thank god. :D

I did Wednesday and Thursday nights at Waitrose, and was the envy of fucking everyone managing to wrangle Friday and Saturdays off. Too epic.

Although I did still work on Saturdays (at a Comic Shop) win.

But soon I'll be completely freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

And cannot wait.

Took 10 calls today (although I did admin for several hours) and then I was on the query headset for 2 hours. And had 2 queries.

Played "Filler" on Kongregate, until my PC couldn't run it (around level 46)

Haha! Thanks guys. :) But don't worry, I won't fall for her again. Since last time I've gotten over her emotionally. However, if she is still open to the idea of friendly sex after having sorted her emotions out, I certainly won't mind it at all. ;)

I certainly wouldn't mind the last part :laughing:

And we wonder why gamers have a worldwide reputation for being creepy virgins.

Gamers tend to be the cooler things these days, as do geeks. It's weird.

I certainly wouldn't mind the last part :laughing:

You want friendly sex with Dannyboy?