NEurope

I passed my driving theory test! =D

49/50.

f-Booyah-6391.jpg

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Congrats! *hugz*

As the pictures in the picture topic show. I was awarded shizzle too

I've had to obtain myself an emulator to get some last minute practice in for the Mega Drive thing in tomorrow, here's hoping I do well.

It seemed to have paid off. For I won. With pr0 skillz. I didn't think I was going to get anywhere near being able to represent England as they called out the rankings at intervals and I started off in fourth, I wasn't doing great. I slowly started climbing up though, and the last few games blazed through. As such I get first refusal in representing England in September.

22ndMegaDriveCast.jpg

I really wanted that Chun Li trophy. Damn auto character selection.

There were three of us who can go as the team, first and second place of division one, and the winner of the knockout tournament. Sadly I won the knockout tournament as well. Thus the third place of division one has the chance. The unfortunate thing is that in the final of the knockout I played my girlfriend. I think she wanted me to let her beat her. But I play to win dammit O_o So she's been a bit off with me.

I Could not be a dialer manager.

our dialer manager left for greener pastures... which left us in a rut as no one else can load / manipulate the data other than me.

ALAS... a great / cost effective idea is let me load / manipulate the dialer along with my other work for no extra money.

FUCK OFF...

today has been the worst day of work in a long long time.

i've emailed my manager telling him to jog on, i'm not being dialer manager and my current role of DBA without some incentive.

some good news is Friday is my last day for 2 weeks, hope they suffer without me.

yes i'm in a spiteful mood.

do love my job though.

Congrats! *hugz*

As the pictures in the picture topic show. I was awarded shizzle too

It seemed to have paid off. For I won. With pr0 skillz. I didn't think I was going to get anywhere near being able to represent England as they called out the rankings at intervals and I started off in fourth, I wasn't doing great. I slowly started climbing up though, and the last few games blazed through. As such I get first refusal in representing England in September.

I really wanted that Chun Li trophy. Damn auto character selection.

There were three of us who can go as the team, first and second place of division one, and the winner of the knockout tournament. Sadly I won the knockout tournament as well. Thus the third place of division one has the chance. The unfortunate thing is that in the final of the knockout I played my girlfriend. I think she wanted me to let her beat her. But I play to win dammit O_o So she's been a bit off with me.

Thanks! =D

And yay to you for winning the tournament! Awesome trophy, whooo!

Too bad about your girlfriend being a bit annoyed, but she'll get over it. Eventually. =P

I sent an Amazon parcel to my dads house this week for his birthday and made sure to check that it was ok with him earlier this week. Amazon tried to deliver today and were turned away. Took 3 emails to my dad where he kept telling me to redirect it to a pickup point to find out that my dad didn’t live there anymore, hadn’t told me and apparently wasn’t going to tell me his new address...

So yeah, an awesome day for me 😔

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that @Happenstance :(

That doesn't sound good at all.

I take it you were on good terms before this happened? You were sending him something for his birthday, so I'm guessing you must have been.

But, I just can't comprehend it. :hmm:

This post probably isn't that helpful, if you do want to talk about it though, you can always send me a PM/Discord request, or talk about it here.

I know it's not always the same as talking to someone directly or on the phone, but it's something.

Yeah good terms. He’s always been weird and to him this will just be normal. Very embarrassing though talking to Amazon customer services today and having to explain why the address was wrong and why I couldn’t give her a replacement one.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that @Happenstance. I actually know someone who was once in a similar position with their mum. Very strange and not something I can comprehend, but I hope you're alright. 

@martinist Enjoy the drink! What's your drink of choice? We've started having wine almost every night with dinner. I need to cut down.

Edited by Goron_3

Yeah I'm good thanks guys. It's a shitty situation and I've kind of just given up caring now. I'll still talk to him but any urge to put in real effort is just gone.

5 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

@martinist Enjoy the drink! What's your drink of choice? We've started having wine almost every night with dinner. I need to cut down.

Right now I'm on Corona Extras, stick some lime in there and i'm good. When it comes to wine I'm usually on an Australian white. Got some cans of Asahi in the fridge that I'll work on next but if i can Find anything by Brewdog I'll usually go aheead and bye that, usually Punk IPA.

• Like 1

God looking at some of the early posts in this thread is depressing. Someone send an email to all those members are tell them to come back to NE!

• Like 2

I made the first reply to this thread, 13 years ago 😱

Bloody hell I'm old now. 

On 15/10/2007 at 6:04 PM, Mr-Paul said:

My day was OK.

Had a driving lesson, wasn't my best though.

Kept on making silly mistakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

God looking at some of the early posts in this thread is depressing. Someone send an email to all those members are tell them to come back to NE!

Okay but only if I can embed Back for Good by Take That in the email. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ashley said:

Okay but only if I can embed Back for Good by Take That in the email. 

I’ll allow it

Just had an hour's long argument with my mother over being given an eviction notice a month ago in the middle of all of this.

Turns out neither of us did our homework and so I had to awkwardly bring to her attention just that as part of the Coronavirus Act introduced in late March, eviction notice periods have been extended from four weeks to three months.  Of course I'm now "going that route" :nono: hate the cesspool of mixed messages, guilt tripping and broken promises that my relationship with my parents has become. Mother is a textbook narcissist, dad is a textbook enabler, and I've been threatened with being kicked out since around the time I started high school some 10 years ago. I would love to have had any of our verbal rent agreements written down from earlier this year, but being naive after years of flying past dozens if not hundreds of red flags has certainly come around and bit me in the behind there. What a mess. 

I'm 21 and very lucky to be working at the moment. Having to work from my bedroom is a living nightmare though, and the job is borderline torture (helping people with their finances on the phone for Big Bank™ - looking into joining the union sums up my experience so far), even if I'm praised for doing a good job. Literally only staying due to my home predicament and because I've luckily made some great friends on my team, otherwise I would gladly quit (in no way a desire of mine to progress in this field).

Offered to move out with my sister as she is only 18 and wasn't able to land a job after leaving college last summer before COVID-19 struck, hopefully it'll make things a bit easier, but considering how messed up we both feel as a result of living in this family for so long, I'm definitely worried that it's going to put a great strain on our relationship. I hope it all works out. 

Meanwhile we are going to be leaving behind my 13 year old brother, which I am not comfortable with in the slightest. Considering that my dad attacked me a year ago (my dumb butt didn't report it), and that he and my younger brother can certainly get heated even now, I'm scared for what might happen when me and my sister do move out. 

I don't want to paint this picture that I'm perfect in all of this, because I know I'm far from it. Since finishing high school I think I've regressed into this frustrated person who, based on past success, has stupidly high expectations for themselves - and only themselves. That frustration turns up in places I know it shouldn't, and I have a lot of terrible habits I've learned from a childhood which never got physically abusive, but certainly got emotionally abusive. I need to get help, but I think deep down I'm scared to. And I know it's weird to call high school "success", but I was objectively healthier, happier, and had a sense of direction when I finished in summer 2015 (yikes, it's already been 5 years...). I was your stereotypical mixed race (English and Filipino for those wondering) kid who took a shine to academics, was stupidly shy, and felt like he had to carry the burden of everyone's expectations and worries on his shoulders. By the time I left high school I was finally starting to grow out of my shell after doing bodyweight exercises and running every day for months. That summer was great. 

But throw in a hellish landscape at home, the weight of my own and everyone else's expectations, and a practically virtual-only best friend throughout high school who had far more than she deserved on her plate - and whose load I foolishly tried to carry singlehandedly - and I don't think it's too surprising that when things started to slip, there was a massive landslide. 

I barely speak to my friends from high school now, definitely been treated differently since I fell off the path due to everything flaring up at once in my first year at college. There are two friends I still meet up with once or twice a year for long conversations, friends from early on in primary school, but one of them has become this extremely sexually frustrated guy who somehow brushes me the wrong way now, and the other confessed to me last time I saw him that he's always hated me a little because his mom used to argue with him over him not being as naturally tuned to academic stuff as I was. That hurt a lot. I cut ties with that virtual-only best friend years ago, selfishly. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat to make sure she never took her life, but boy oh boy would I have some choice words for the younger me and the younger her. I have another friend I was really close to in high school, but I haven't seen her or talked to her for a few years now.

I always think I should reach out, but I'm honestly too embarrassed of where I am to do that. Which is seriously stupid, but that's where I'm at. I had a slight stutter when I was much younger and was really shy, and even though the stutter is long gone and I've grown more confident, anxiety is still very much a pain in my side, probably even more so now than when I was a little kid. I'm working my way through self-help books (definitely going to need to look into therapy once I'm out of this house), and actually took a test in one the other day (from Feeling Good) which reckons I'm extremely depressed. I weirdly wasn't surprised. In case anyone's worried at this point, I'm not suicidal, but yeah. This is where I'm at I guess. 

I've done a lot of venting, sorry if you read through all of this. Escapism has become a great place for me to run away to in the middle of all of this - video games and, as I've said before, this place, have been the rock for me to return to almost every day - but I can't wait to finally leave my childhood home, get the help I need, and start paving a new path for myself. 

I'm just so utterly exhausted and completely lost. I hope I can find my direction soon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm sorry to hear that @Julius :sad:

That sounds like a tough situation, I hope things start to look up for you and your family soon.

It seems like everyone is going through stuff right now, or has been for some time and this current situation has brought a lot of stuff to the surface, or caused many of us to look at things a little differently, in many ways. But if anything good can come from this, then I think it's having the chance to help others where we can.

If you want to talk about stuff, if it'll help, let me know. Just send me a PM/Discord request, or talk about it here. Whatever helps, and I'd extend that invitation to anyone on the forum who wants to talk; I know not everyone does and that we've all got stuff going on, but if we can help each other, then that can only be a good thing.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well @Glen-i?

(cc @Happenstance)

Yeah, not bad. Spent most of the day sleeping because of my crippling insomnia, but it was a good 7 hours. Then I uploaded my Mario Maker level for this month's N-E challenge. Although I think I shot myself in the foot a bit by suggesting the clear goal of collecting coins.

Anyway, back home, gonna get some takeaway Pizza and carry on with Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse.

• Thanks 1

Got a new headlight to replace one that had gone a bit cloudy, so spent a lot of the day replacing that. Had to remove the grille to get to one bolt, then the indicator and one of the bottom grilles to get to another. Absolute pig of a job, but got it done eventually. Car looks loads better and only cost me £25.

116315587_10164199183195341_324720945390

• Like 1