NEurope

Day 2 Of Having No Laptop

- Got up at 12. Showered and awoke. Had lunch at 1.

- Worked on a Linear Algebra past paper. Could only do half the questions, but then I checked my notes and realised I was being a retard in some cases, and in others the stuff isn't even in the lecture notes (which feels really unfair, because it rewards people who read outside the sylabus, which at the same time feels fair, because if you want to be good, you need to be good).

- Went to my applied tute. We have a new tutor, and she's such a bitch. She's really bad at explaining things, and just glosses over important things, and then is visibily frustrated when you obviously have a lost look on your face. She actually said "Ok, so you've got the second derivative, now you just look at the small angle approximation for the sine taylor expansion, but that's easy, so I won't go into it." Literally really annoying, since I had no idea what she was on about, and I had answered that question wrongly...

- Came out of my tute and ranted at fellow mathematicians for a while.

- Went to Nandos for dinner. Just me and My Girls, and they spent the whole time talking about Sophie's thrush / sex issues, and it was a genuine example of "Please Don't".

- Came back to college, and made noh-tes.

- Came to the IT room to print out more notes, and spent 45 mins on the interwebs. Ooops.

Bank holiday monday ftw!

- 7 hour shift at work!

- Accidentally gave the wrong tv to a customer!

- Lost the company £50!

- Potentially lost the chance of a job transfer!

- Less bothered as it's fucking minimum wage!

- Went to pub at half 7!

- Mate was already drunk as he had started at 3!

- His mate, a bouncer, was very drunk too!

- His mate, a hot blonde, was also drunk!

- Went to another pub

- My mate threw up a little

- His mate's mate hit on me

- Her mate told strange stories!

- Went to another pub without the two strangers!

- Two girls who look similar hit on me!

- I feel fat so it was nice!

- Taxi home with Legendary Taxi Driver

- Watching UFC 114

- GUY I KNOW BEATS DIEGO 'NIGHTMARE' SANCHEZ'!!!!!!!!!

- Seriously, that;s a big deal, and really weird

- He once punched me

- I'm lucky to be alive

Other news that nobody cares about;

- mate's rent would be £300 plus utilities... NO

- Family friend in brighton 'forgot' he offered me his room for rent and instead gave it to his son

- Looks like my only option is to move back in with my mother and sleep on a pile of my own stuff, for there is no room for anything anywhere. Will look at squats with some mates I know.

- It's all weird. You know it, too.

- mate's rent would be £300 plus utilities... NO

Wtf... That's £75 more than I pay in the same area and it's supposed to be a favour-price from a mate? Megafail, tell them what a joke that is. Then slap them uppa the face.

..thank goodness this month is almost over :hmm: I have faith that June will be much better, though.. at some point :smile:

Of course it will man, SMG2 is coming out :D

So I'm selling my iPod on ebay, some guy sends me a message asking if I'll do a buy it now. I say: I don't know how much I'm expecting so I'd like to see the auction through, unless you make me an offer I can't refuse.

He sends a message back:

"my mum says my limit would be around £20 many thanks"

I check his feedback history and he has sold about 15 iPods in the last couple of months for £60-120 each. I am torn between various witty retorts.

Lazy day today. Just following some leads on the job front. A bar nearby that's always looking but ignored my last application is looking and as the hours are over the weekend, it'll be perfect for me in the long run. Also found somewhere looking for some part time staff so I'll have to head in tomorrow with a CV.

Also been sorting out Uni stuff for next year. Asked to be transferred back to Psychology degree back in April. Hasn't happened so I presume they've wait for exams to finish and then results to come. Hopefully it'll get sorted soon cause if not, the English department aren't chasing me up for module choices for next year and that's the only other option and one I don't really want to take. Got to print out a declaration form that says I'm wanting to continue Psychology into 3rd year and then Honours anyway so I'll sort that at the end of the week.

Checked bank account to see if money had correctly been taken out for stuff i bought yesterday. Not showing up on my statement, yet money has been taken out of my account just not from my account balance, suggesting my overdraft has been nicked for the money which is ridiculous as there was plenty of money in the account. ::shrug: This is why I hate buying online. I've got to sort out crap like this. And because nothing is showing up on my account other than money missing from the overall balance (inc. overdraft) Lloyds will be less than helpful in getting it sorted, especially if I phone up.

If you're checking online, in the balance column if it said "DR" after your balance at any point, that's where you went overdrawn. If you had a preplanned overdraft you're fine, if not, lloyds will send you a letter with a charge. If it's the first time and you sorted it within 24hr, you should phone because they might let you off.

Your balance might not reflect your actual funds because it takes into account recent payments, overdrafts, standing orders etc..

So I'm selling my iPod on ebay, some guy sends me a message asking if I'll do a buy it now. I say: I don't know how much I'm expecting so I'd like to see the auction through, unless you make me an offer I can't refuse.

He sends a message back:

"my mum says my limit would be around £20 many thanks"

I check his feedback history and he has sold about 15 iPods in the last couple of months for £60-120 each. I am torn between various witty retorts.

What did you say back? Off the top of my head I'd have said something like "My mum says your history says you're full of shit ".

Well I was going to say something along those lines but then someone stopped me pointing out that if I piss them off, they might put in the winning bid and then never pay just to piss me off... so I left it :3

Oh em gee, meeting Prince Charles tomorrow. I bet we'll be BFF's.

Cancelled 3 possible fun things I could've done tonight in order to do more work. *lies on floor*

Should have revised today, but just had one of those days where you feel like shit mentally, so haven't gotten anything done yet. I'm feeling better now, though, so hopefully I might be able to get some revision done tonight.

I've had a pretty good day: Jobhunting with a little luck, Super Street Fighter IV, Gears of War and I've decided to get back into playing DDR so I bid on a dance mat and game for the XBOX 360 and I won so good times at the moment.

Had an exam today. The first two organic sections were great, but the thermodynamics, not so much. The lecturer's a royal cunt though. He gave us this summary sheet of the course, to help us revise. Yet none of the questions he set were based on any of it, or anything he'd "taught" us for that matter. He's truly awful. But everyone was in the same boat so in all I'm indifferent because I think I made up for it on the other sections.

I should be learning a presentation for Friday, but I seriously cannegh be arsed. I'm going to watch a film and eat bowls of pasta and just be a general stereotype for the next few hours.

EDIT: Oh, and in a week, I'm outta here for good! YAY!

Edited by Razz

I've had a pretty good day I think. Went into school to show my linocuts and sketches to my teacher, and he said I'm definitely improving, whoo! He also said my dissertation and presentation were good. Happy times! =D

Bought the white dress. Made Jim buy clothes for himself too.

Went for exercise this evening and got weighed. I've now lost a total of 3.1 kg, whoo! Six more to go haha.

Pizza, cider and a film now to celebrate (didn't get the cider yesterday, so means double of it today)! =D

The White Dress, an excellent choice :) And congrats on the weight loss Ine!

I should probably know this by now, but would a potential employer call for a telephone interview with no warning? I missed a call today and then the lady emailed me asking to call her. I don't know whether I'm calling to arrange a telephone interview or whether this is going be it. Ahhhhh.

Sister could be getting a job, which means on her pay-day i may/will have to pay keep again. To be fair, she's never payed keep in her 3 1/2 years in work whilst i've payed since i was 15 in every job i've been in. Don't really see how it is fair now, considering her "potential" job is permanent and mine isn't (could last another few months (upto September)), so really all they be getting is 2 months before i'm out of work again and payments stop.

Funny, they kept changing their minds about the situation. Firstly, they said once this house sells and we move into the new one. Then it became once you both have jobs and we move, and now it is once she's got a job you will pay again straight off.

Played some Perfect Dark XBLA, did some tax forms to get me back the hundreds of pounds I'm owed and generally dossed around getting very VERY excited about the new Transformers game. Oh yeah and started posting on a long lost forum....

How are things people?

Applied for a placement in Hong Kong. As time's running out for placements, fingers are doubly crossed!

Oh, and I did revision and shit. Newton-Raphson may be useful, but it's fucking dull.

I need some new gamings. Having a look on Zavvi for their "Mega Monday" bargains.

Super Street Fighter IV for £18, anyone recommend?

I know it's a day late but YES.

Played some Perfect Dark XBLA, did some tax forms to get me back the hundreds of pounds I'm owed and generally dossed around getting very VERY excited about the new Transformers game. Oh yeah and started posting on a long lost forum....

How are things people?

hey jamba long time mdear? Hope things are well in blujam's land! (see what i did there :D)

--

Today I went to work, did some relatively constructive things, then wasted the rest of my night on my 360.

Jumped on the wii fit and it was disgusted re my 340 odd days disappearance. lol. ;D

...wasted the rest of my night on my 360.

Jumped on the wii fit and it was disgusted re my 340 odd days disappearance. lol. ;D

Jealous lovers are always the worst. :heh:

hey jamba long time mdear? Hope things are well in blujam's land! (see what i did there :D)

--

Today I went to work, did some relatively constructive things, then wasted the rest of my night on my 360.

All good thanks chuck! B n me are still in Ealing and I start my teacher training in September so I have to get in all my gaming now :) I take not much has happened in the past year ish?

I got that when I started again a few weeks back. I swear it's telling me I'm fat as punishment*

*or because I love eating cheese and crackers, and cake, and dominos...

All good thanks chuck! B n me are still in Ealing and I start my teacher training in September so I have to get in all my gaming now :) I take not much has happened in the past year ish?

Awesomeo. Not much happening with me, just trying to feed my 360 achievements addiction! =P

I got that when I started again a few weeks back. I swear it's telling me I'm fat as punishment*

*or because I love eating cheese and crackers, and cake, and dominos...

Yes, not only is it jealous (nicely noticed gaggle) and condescending, it likes to tell you off for putting on weight and ask you why the heck it happened.

Its like abuse!!

*sits in corner with packet of biscuits, sobbing*

:D