NEurope

So after all the car troubles, crashes and theft this week. I get some good news.

Thou art are giving me an interview tomorrow!! :D I didn't even think I'd get a chance, it does mean I have to travel to sheffield and back in one day just for an interview and have to tell them I can't start work til download finishes (like 2 weeks time) but we'll see, if I don't get it then that's fair enough, but it's nice to know I can get an interview :).

Wrong. Jock isn't a term used to describe the Scottish people rather a term more generally used to describe Scottish soldiers. Still referring to people but not the general populous as some people here seem to think.

That was the origin but it expanded to mean any Scottish person.

Much in the same way that gay used to mean happy homosexuals but now it has expanded to also include sad and indifferent homosexuals.

At least that's my understanding of it.

So after all the car troubles, crashes and theft this week. I get some good news.

Thou art are giving me an interview tomorrow!! :D I didn't even think I'd get a chance, it does mean I have to travel to sheffield and back in one day just for an interview and have to tell them I can't start work til download finishes (like 2 weeks time) but we'll see, if I don't get it then that's fair enough, but it's nice to know I can get an interview :).

Have to say, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now. I hereby wish you the best of luck in your interview tomorrow.

Had the Police round yesterday, spoke with my sister. Apparantly, there are a few robberies from people's sheds and garages around the area with one of them only being 2 doors down from my place.

All i can say to the people behind the robberies is............. little sh*ts

Have to say, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now. I hereby wish you the best of luck in your interview tomorrow.

Well I didn't expect my bad luck to last forever!

I have also today:

- Heard from Eurogamer about volunteering

- Had an epiphany about my final year project.

Whee.

Well done on getting an interview nightwolf!

I think I'm completely messing up my wrists. I thought maybe it was from cutting my lino images, but I think it actually is from printing them. Since I don't have a press, I have to use a spoon and rub it over the back of the prints with a lot of force. Seeing as each image consists of three layers, and I print each image at least four times... that's a lot of pressure my wrists have to go through. =/

Problem is I don't know how else to do it. =(

Well done on getting an interview nightwolf!

I think I'm completely messing up my wrists. I thought maybe it was from cutting my lino images, but I think it actually is from printing them. Since I don't have a press, I have to use a spoon and rub it over the back of the prints with a lot of force. Seeing as each image consists of three layers, and I print each image at least four times... that's a lot of pressure my wrists have to go through. =/

Problem is I don't know how else to do it. =(

Have you got a rolling pin? You'll still have to use a lot of force, although not as much with a spoon, and it shouldn't hurt your hands as much but that'll get the job done I'd have thought. Failing that, you could always pile a load of books on top of the print. Always worth a try because it must be a nightmare for you doing it with a spoon.

Have you got a rolling pin? You'll still have to use a lot of force, although not as much with a spoon, and it shouldn't hurt your hands as much but that'll get the job done I'd have thought. Failing that, you could always pile a load of books on top of the print. Always worth a try because it must be a nightmare for you doing it with a spoon.

The rolling pin I have to ink in my prints probably isn't strong enough to put that much force on it. =/

As for books, I think I'd need a loooooot of heavy books to make it work. Plus my prints are pretty big (about 42 cm long); I don't have books big enough to cover it all.

Hmmm, maybe I can let a car drive over them or something. =P

Ohmygod i have ulcers in my nose (which seem to be spreading) and they are soooooooooooooooooooo sore/annoying. >____>

As the main general chat forum was loading, I thought I saw a thread called "Ever had

phone sex?"

:hmm:

---

Not done much today, been reading more comics (my renewed obsession atm, I'm very glad my passion has returned though) and actually sitting down to revise driving theory, and test myself. YAY.

Roast beef dinner tonight, I'm shaking in anticipation.

A day of ups and downs:

- Finished steel design coursework, handed it in

- Had to prep for a presentation with my intensive module group, most of them are the "I have a panic attack when I do a presentation" types. Fucking cowards.

- Went to Doctor's as I felt like my right cheek and eye were going to explode, stupid appointment booking system meant I couldn't get anything unless I came back at some arbitrary time when the afternoon slots open up.

- Had a bit of a rant at the rest of my group about how it 's massively biased towards students with lots of free time - if I wasn't willing to be lax with my lecture attendance, I'd never be able to be there when the appointments are made available.

- Did more presentation prep. One girl started crying at the thought of her having a panic attack she'll have when she does the presentation when she found out our audience would be 50% bigger than expected. It would be two people.

- Went back to Doctor's. Got appointment, but way, way off campus, and in the opposite direction from home. There were 5 slots available on campus, and 6 people - two guys and 4 girls. The other guy was visibly very ill (mumps, I believe), so he got first priority. Despite the fact I'd been there first, the receptionist told me there was a slot available off campus, and she'd book me for that. I protested, saying I wanted one on campus, but she told me I was "the most able to walk there". Dizziness, no sleep for 48 hours, shortness of breath and a feeling like you've been hit on the side of the head vs needing your pill prescription resigned. The girl who needed the pill offered to do the walk (she even lived in that end of town), but the receptionist was having none of it. Fucking sexist bitch.

- Did presentation, was a piece of piss.

- Went on 2 hour-round trip to off-campus Docs, got diagnosed with sinusitis. Prescription for Amoxicillin get.

- Stopped at Tesco Pharmacist on the way home, crazy pointless 30 minute wait. For what???

- Got drugs, was told "strictly no alcohol what so ever". There goes my plans for the weekend...

- Was told by friend who works as a pharmacist back home that Amoxicillin is fine, and that "its metronidazole that you're violently sick with". Cheers Ellie...

- Weekend is back on track - it's Drum 'n' Base and Dubstep night at the SU tonight, should be a laugh.

I don't understand people who just DO NOT WANT!! presentations. Nobody really enjoys them but they are pretty vital in a lot of jobs. Best to try and get experience now when at best a grade rides on it, rather than pay.

As the main general chat forum was loading, I thought I saw a thread called "Ever had phone sex?"

:hmm:

If I was less responsible I'd rename threads for funsies all the time. Getting laid to stop smoking - controversy?

Hanatta that sound horrible :/ Hope it clears quickly!

So here's something I never thought I'd say; I got a job at McDonalds. Dear me. But its 'customer care assistant' which basically means being on the restaurant floor clearing up, wiping down tables, greeting customers, giving out balloons etc. Wouldn't want to be a burger flipper. It comes to something when this is the preferable job eh? :p (well actually the one I interviewed for yesterday would be best but I'd feel more guilty about leaving that in a few months (if I did get it) than I would about dropping McDonalds like its lukewarm).

Still going to work the cafe for the next few days as its money eh? Unless its that bad I walk...we'll see. But I think I can survive for four days :p

And all kinds of crazy SCS drama (where my mother and her partner work and where I work on bank holidays). That company really does a fucked up job of running itself. It constantly stupefies.

Has been a better day today than yesterday, for me at least (Hugz for RA:hug:). Finished off some writing, just need to email it off for posting. Reasonably happy with what I've done with it.

Then went into town for a bit. A wander round the stores and a few things bought here and there which should hopefully keep my mind from encroaching on the realms of boredom for a while. Did consider looking for a DVD to watch for this evening but when the only place in town to buy DVDs is Asda, and a bit of a walk from the centre of town, I said no thank you to that.

Have thought of a little project to tide me through the summer. Not really consisting of any writing as such, but I'm thinking of doing a little research thing based around an area of psychology I'm interested in (post traumatic stress disorder and it's affect on memory). Might sound a bit boring to some but it's got me really interested.

Also need to decide whether I should attend the NE meet in July. Money is there and I can go but I also need to replace my Xbox 360 and I can't do both. So need to decide which to go for. Help please! :laughing:

At work today my boss accidentally gave me £5 too much change (I'm a pizza delivery boy, I get the money from the door, give them change from a float, then cash off at the til. Give my float back at the end of the night and keep any extra I have (ie tips)). I handed over two notes and he assumed it was two tens, but it was a ten and a five. I decided not to mention this to him and pocketed the fiver as a tip.

Does this make me a bad person?

I feel like the £5 will go further in my pocket than in the pocket of the multi-national corporation for which I work.

Fuck it, I'd have kept it if it were me at HMV. Depends how much you like your boss.

I went to a stunning house party tonight, because a Spanish guy I do LGBTQ Campaigns with invited me.

Everyone there was loving life, and loving the fact they were all postgrads or PhD students - I was the youngest there by about 3 or 4 years; I was asked several times what masters course I was doing and I was like "Lol, I'm just a first year". But it was fine because I speak because I can.

It was in this guy Ahmed's house, which was really nice, cleanly modern, neat and compact. What you want from a 1-bedroom house. But it was stunning because he had moved one of the sofas into the garden, so you could sit outside at your perusal, and have room to dance to stunning music inside. Literally had stocked himself for a war, there was so much alcohol and food randomly about.

Yet again, in true Oxford fashion it turned into "Oh, you speak Arabic. Loljokes, so do I!". Literally 5 people there spoke Arabic fluently, and only 1 (Ahmed) was actually from the Middle East. And then you ask them what subject they do and it's like "I'm studying for a D. Phil. in BioPhysics." How the fuck are you fluent in Arabic then?

Also had a stunning conversation with a woman who works with genetic alteration of flies, and she was telling me how she's managed to change the sex of the brain of a fly, and how all she does is shake in excitement at what her research could lead to.

Met this guy I'm extremely attracted to. For some really strange reason, I am reminded of homomorphisms whenever I look at him. Of course f(ab) = f(a)f(b). He's from Portugal, and he has that hot accent, and says lovely things that don't really make sense in English (we (he, me and Guille, my Spanish friend) were discussing how one of the few things Spain invented was the mop, and the conversation went as follows:

Guille - "I think they invented it in the 60s?"

He - "No it wasn't as late as that."

Guille - "Really?"

He - "Yeah, it was very sooner."

Just the concept of "very sooner" makes me laugh and love. Even if it were just "sooner" it wouldn't make natural sense, because you would be inclined to think sooner referred to a shorter length of time from this present moment.)

I know the sound of his name, but I can't vocalise it nor type it myself. It's very Portuguese. I assumed he was like 24 or something, because he looks like a real person, but still young looking, but turns out he's 29. A stunning thing. A decade older than me. But yeah, I find him irrationally attractive. And we spoke alot, and there's deffo potential for something (you can tell when someone likes you), so hopefully he'll be there next week (the same thing is happening next Friday night).

And then I walked back, and listened to a collection of Alanis Morissette songs on the way. She's great.

At work today my boss accidentally gave me £5 too much change (I'm a pizza delivery boy, I get the money from the door, give them change from a float, then cash off at the til. Give my float back at the end of the night and keep any extra I have (ie tips)). I handed over two notes and he assumed it was two tens, but it was a ten and a five. I decided not to mention this to him and pocketed the fiver as a tip.

Does this make me a bad person?

Awesome.

I got a free cookie from M&S yesterday. It was in the same bag as my cheese knot roll and she didn't see it. I specifically made it clear there were two items in there though. They should re-design the packaging (as its got like a window down the middle, but the two sides are opaque). Freebie win.

----------------

Today;

Pick up comics. Maybe/probably go see "The Losers"

Tomorrow;

Meeting up with HappenGoafer for Collectormania at Milton Keynes.

BHM;

Probably play some Uncharted.

I feel like the £5 will go further in my pocket than in the pocket of the multi-national corporation for which I work.

That doesn't make it any less wrong.

However if I were in your situation I'd keep it too.

----

Yesterday was good, thanks for the birthday wishes guys.

-Morning, had an exam which went well

-Straight to the pub afterwards for a few pints and a bite to eat with guys from my course and friends from school

-Home in the afternoon, watched Murray at the French Open

-Couple of friends came round in the evening, played some FIFA and then went out to some bars and then a club

-Got 2 different girls numbers, text them both when I was drunk, added one of them on Facebook.

-Currently lying in bed with the laptop, slightly hungover

-Going to have to change the 'slightly hungover' to 'feeling rough, rough rough' (to the tune of Iain Wright, Wright, Wright)

Edited by Charlie

Got back from Bristol last night, I'm quite exhausted. The work side of it was completely exasperating this week. My phone also went missing on Monday morning before I left, so I had to cancel it because I couldn't look for it, being in Bristol and all. So all week I felt kind of cut off, away with no phone. Then I got back last night and it was under my bed. Luckily I've got all my numbers, I can now de-blacklist it and once my new sim arrives I'll be back online.

Anyway I had a fun time outside of work! Nothing happened with that guy I was talking about before though. He came out on Thursday night and I am still completely confused as to what happened. He was all over me and we were having a great time, then he seemed to go distant and didn't really want to talk to me. Possible reasons for this, another guy declared his love for me so we were talking away from the group for quite a long time. I'm not interested in this other guy and he has a girlfriend (surprise surprise, this always happens to me). The other thing, which I found out much later on, is that my friend had said to him ''So, what do you think of Molly?'' and they had a whole conversation about me. Cringe, don't meddle, just...don't.

That's the end of that anyway. I'm meant to be doing another week down there with work but I don't think I'm going to do it. Will be going down for a couple of weekends at some point though, I'm sure.

I'm going to a picnic on the meadows today. I hate the meadows. It's hardly a meadow in the Bambi sense. It's just a patch of land in the middle of the city. Plus that end of town is out of my comfort zone. / not really. I'm just never there of my own accord.

We had to "make our own sunglasses" (...art students) if we want to come. I made mine out of Jenga blocks taped together with police scene tape stuff, then stuck letters on the top spelling out "F I L T H". They're incredibly painful to wear, as there's no room for your nose. It's like Kyle Rayner's old Green Lantern mask.

The Meadows is where my little house on the prairie sits.

----

Stunningly, the Jesus College Boat Club is the featured article on Wikipedia's home page today. Yes.

Edited by chairdriver

-Got 2 different girls numbers, text them both when I was drunk, added one of them on Facebook.

Just been speaking to her on Facebook, turns out she was out on a date last night and the guy she was out with was standing right next to us while we were kissing?! Randomly started talking to her and the guy on the street, my mate was talking to her friend while I was with her haha. Good times.

I was meant to be in Harpenden (in Hertfordshire) at 2, and I just woke up. In Guildford.