NEurope

Had a good/day. We went to Collectormania which is basically a nerd convention. But it was partially shit. PARTIALLY WIN, don't get me wrong, because we saw Patrick Stewart, and the hot chick from True Blood and Gozer from GB, and little person R2 D2 (Kenneth Walken?) so that was good, however there were hardly ANY comic stalls.

Happenstance didn't get any of his graphic novels, and I didn't find a single issue of the dirt common Savage Dragon.

Bastards.

But then the LEGO shop had all the LEGO I wanted. Just a shame to see yet another price hoike on the pieces to price ratio. Getting ridiculously expensive now.

It was such a shame that Collectormania was a bit crap this year, id been looking forward to it for a while!

We didnt actually realise you were leaving when you said you were gonna buy that DS game in HMV. We turned around after the race and you were gone.

Still, at least I got a photo of Goafer looking weird with R2D2:

SDC10321.jpg

It was such a shame that Collectormania was a bit crap this year, id been looking forward to it for a while!

We didnt actually realise you were leaving when you said you were gonna buy that DS game in HMV. We turned around after the race and you were gone.

Still, at least I got a photo of Goafer looking weird with R2D2:

SDC10321.jpg

Oh lol. Sorry. I'd feel bad but we departed more than enough times than is normal. :p

How did you find Split/Second?

And yeah. Its an actual pain in the arse that they hardly had anything. Now gotta spend uber time hunting down those issues. Would be well up for London Comic Con though. SRSLY.

I know Goafer really liked it, im not a big fan of racing games myself so I didnt really care either way.

Heres the site for London Film and Comiccon, should be more of what we were hoping for today. Plus you can pester Katie Sackhoff.

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

I use to go to collectormania, but its been shit for a while. It's the same old z-list celebrities who make their living off these events. Gone are the times of lead actors from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

I use to go to collectormania, but its been shit for a while. It's the same old z-list celebrities who make their living off these events. Gone are the times of lead actors from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

I dunno, id say they still get a couple of big names per show. Patrick Stewart and Linda Hamilton were the big ones for this ones. Some good tv ones as well. I think celeb wise they did good considering the problems with BA and the ash cloud still.

Had yummy chinese for dinner tonight. Mmmm. So much for that diet though, don't think I will have lost any weight this week. But the food is worth it. =P

Have a jury tomorrow, need to defend my dissertation in front of a few teachers/lecturers. So very very nervous about it, and I don't know how to prepare for thisssss. They'll ask lots of stupid/annoying/difficult questions that I can't answer. *stresssss*

I want to meet Patrick Stewart/Linda Hamilton/Katie Sackhoff/Sean Young. :(

Once I am in Kingston and get my London look I'll be able to actually see what "comic con" is like. I can only imagine.

Good luck tomorrow Eenuh :)

Another crappy day at the crappy place. Was told when I got there I'd spend all day on tills except the las two hours on clean up. After an hour I was asked to cover a break on clean up and spent the rest of the day there >_> Although the manager did give me a diabetes-causing chocolate/biscuit slice thingy at the end which was nice of her. Particularly as I thought it was going to be something else that we discussed so that was a nice surprise on the train when I opened up the bag. Oh and moody cow chef pulled out some tubs from the bin and said "these don't get binned' all snarkily and I just said "I didn't bin them" and gave her this look.

I text Jodie last night moaning about the job and asked how her new one was going and she replied (numerous hours later) "better than I thought, currently drinking champagne with the people from work" and she's just rung me to check some Japanese as she's inquiring about a Smash Poodle which is apparently £30,000. I love her glamorous lifestyle :P

And caught a bit of Spider-Man. Was that film always so god damn awful? The only good things are Aunt May's voice and James Franco.

Good luck tomorrow Eenuh :)

Another crappy day at the crappy place. Was told when I got there I'd spend all day on tills except the las two hours on clean up. After an hour I was asked to cover a break on clean up and spent the rest of the day there >_> Although the manager did give me a diabetes-causing chocolate/biscuit slice thingy at the end which was nice of her. Particularly as I thought it was going to be something else that we discussed so that was a nice surprise on the train when I opened up the bag. Oh and moody cow chef pulled out some tubs from the bin and said "these don't get binned' all snarkily and I just said "I didn't bin them" and gave her this look.

I text Jodie last night moaning about the job and asked how her new one was going and she replied (numerous hours later) "better than I thought, currently drinking champagne with the people from work" and she's just rung me to check some Japanese as she's inquiring about a Smash Poodle which is apparently £30,000. I love her glamorous lifestyle :P

And caught a bit of Spider-Man. Was that film always so god damn awful? The only good things are Aunt May's voice and James Franco.

Spiderman was pretty damn good for a comic book film, it was the first one in a long while that had any credibility after what Joel Schumacher did to Batman.

That was true at the time but now...lame acting, awful dialogue and Power Rangers-esque costumes. Although it did amuse me whenever they CGIed Spider-Man he was always more toned than watermelon-faced Maguire.

The saddest thing about growing up is knowing I'll never think that I can be Spider-Man again

It felt essential, as Chair would say.

Edited by Ashley

That was true at the time but now...lame acting, awful dialogue and Power Rangers-esque costumes. Although it did amuse me whenever they CGIed Spider-Man he was always more toned than watermelon-faced Maguire.

The saddest thing about growing up is knowing I'll never think that I can be Spider-Man again

It felt essential, as Chair would say.

Yeah, but it's easy to say that about anything. You have to take it in the context, it's a pretty old film now.

So is The Thing, My Neighbour Totoro and A Trip To The Moon but they hold up well :p

Should've thought something was amiss as work when I couldn't concentrate on getting peoples' details right at work today. Sure enough my sexy epilepsy fucked me over at work. I hadn't been drinking recently, so I think I must've forgotten to take my meds :(

Thank fuck I've got tomorrow off for some pr0 chilling.

All the Spider-Man films are just off. The second one is probably the best/msot successful, but even so, it's all wrong for a Spider-Man movie.

My day has consisted of Uncharted 2 Multiplayer and Caffeinated drinks.

Question: Is coolness bears on the junior apprentice?

In other news, I still need a new job and I'm still getting rejection emails (occassionally, like when companies can actually be arsed to reply).

In other news, I still need a new job and I'm still getting rejection emails (occassionally, like when companies can actually be arsed to reply).

Companies can be a pain in the arse, heck they even can't be asked to answer the phone or call back when they say they will.

I've told Laura to lock my laptop away in her room, so I can't get on the internet excessively (I'm in the college IT room atm - but I am actually doing work simultaneously). I'm trying to cut down on internet usage / time wastage. It's worked so far today. I've worked pretty solidly from 2pm till now (with an hour break for dinner). Hopefully going to do the same tomorrow.

----

Also, saw this on facebook, of my friend Briony.

26716_384915262060_514792060_4461739_2471507_n.jpg

There is a rusty light on the pines tonight

Sun pouring wine, lord, or marrow

Down into the bones of the birches

And the spires of the churches

Jutting out from the shadows.

The yoke, and the axe, and the old smokestacks and the bale and the barrow

And everything sloped like it was dragged from a rope

In the mouth of the sow below.

I wish I were her.

Edited by chairdriver

Ash; I'd say that spiderman's ageing is different to the other titles you mentioned. Spiderman occurred at a pivotal moment in comic-to-movie translations, and it set the benchmark for a genre that exploded soon afterwards. The Thing was a fine working of a well-trodden path through its genre, and totoro wasn't really trying to do anything brand new or reconstruct anything failed. I don't know why I'm arguing this.

Day;

I woke up at ______, put on my ___________, made sure my ________ was _______ and decided to ___________. When I left I remembered I'd forgotten my _________, and found it by the _________. On the way to ___________ I bumped into ___________ who, as always, decided to tell me about their _______ and how I was such a ________ because of the ___________ I did the other day. I also saw _________ from a distance and felt __________, but glad they didn't see me too.

Once at the _________ I spent several hours __________ before I got a break from it and snuck off to __________. I guess I must've _______ because when I went back to the __________ everyone looked at me.

The ________ of my day was when I saw this guy _________ on the ________, and while nearby _________ just stood and ________, I went and __________. The guy was so damn __________ that he gave me a ________ for my ___________.

Anyway, once I got home, despite not being very ________ I __________ my __________, and sat and _________ some _________. It was a __________ day, and now I need some _________ before I go to bed. I'm looking forward to sleep so that I can _______ before the __________ ____________ that I expect to happen tomorrow.

I'm GOING to bed. I've done as much as I feel like doing of this rough cut/edit of my film shizz. Let me be weak and dream of sheep, for once.

Ugh. I need to write what'll go on the little white info card beside it in the exhibition. I'm just going to quote Grant Morrison. Or Chair.

I have decided to stay up and backup/reformat and organise PC stuff.

I shall also do the same to the Mac tomorrow.

Then hopefully I won't feel dread when sitting at my PC at all the mess and will actually want to do some work.

This summer needs to be rad.

Nah its his evil twin.

Ash; I'd say that spiderman's ageing is different to the other titles you mentioned. Spiderman occurred at a pivotal moment in comic-to-movie translations, and it set the benchmark for a genre that exploded soon afterwards. The Thing was a fine working of a well-trodden path through its genre, and totoro wasn't really trying to do anything brand new or reconstruct anything failed. I don't know why I'm arguing this.

Argument falls apart with A Trip To The Moon however :p Quite literally a genre defining film as it was the first sci-fi film EVAAAAAAR!

SCS today. Its ironic really. I've been working in a cafe for two days and made no drinks. Today I go to a furniture and will make loads. They have some sales guy from another branch in to be evaluated. Apparently he's a perve so maybe I'll piss him off because I can ^_^

D'oh. At the fun. gig last week I bought a t-shirt design (i.e. choosing one over the other) and just realised the one I bought comes with the album that I pre-ordered a while ago. Whoops.

And the last few days I've opened the wardrobe thinking "what shall I wear?" before remembering I have a uniform :( I haven't had a uniform in about 18 months. Oh well, least its a shirt and tie today, better than a monkey smock.

Edited by Ashley