NEurope

Welcome back Jamba :) Say hi to your Juice (ie Bluey) for me! Congrats on the teaching placement thing :)

So, today;

- Fell ass over tea kettle outside of work. Always fun. Now it hurts to walk.

- Work was slightly better but still not great.

- Come up with the reason I'm leaving (as "going to leave you to work at Maccies!" sounds absurd) and I really want the fake job I've made up :p Will tell them tomorrow.

- Just been speaking to Jodie for a while on the phone and

. One of the numerous reasons I can't wait to get the frak down south.

- Also been looking at photos of her breasts. In your face suckers :p

- And once again found a reason not to clean the hamster cage. Poor thing. I blame Jodie though. I canne clean and chat! I can shave and chat though evidentially.

Awesomeo. Not much happening with me, just trying to feed my 360 achievements addiction! =P

Mwahahaha, and so it begins! :D

My university tutor is in an Israeli prison after trying to get humanitarian aid to Gaza.

Can't say I'm surprised.

In other news, my day has consisted of revision and caffeine. Exam Thursday. Not going to be fun. I'm actually scared of it.

My university tutor is in an Israeli prison after trying to get humanitarian aid to Gaza.

Alternatively, your university tutor is in an Israeli prison after partaking in an aggressive attempt to breach a military naval blockade under the guise of trying to get humanitarian aid to Gaza - if the purpose of this flotilla was to deliver humanitarian aid, and not try and make some big public protest by attempting to sail right through a naval blockade, the offer by the Israelis to deliver the aid through Israel, or, more importantly, the similar offer by Egypt, would have been accepted.

Don't you just love spin?

What? The illegal blockade? The one they hadn't reached yet because they were still in international waters?

Don't you love facts.

What? The illegal blockade? The one they hadn't reached yet because they were still in international waters?

Don't you love facts.

If you are in a position to run the blockade, with the repeatedly stated intention of doing so, then they are committing a hostile act against Israel - Israel is with its rights to stop them from doing so in international waters.

The legality of the blockade is somewhat irrelevant - if men with a lot of guns tell you to do something, being a law-bore is a great way to end up in prison if you're lucky, and dead if you're not. The entire idea was hostile towards Israel, and to expect no response from a country that is what they might call pro-active, and I might call aggressive, is idiotic at best.

Edited by The fish

If you are in a position to run the blockade, with the repeatedly stated intention of doing so, then they are committing a hostile act against Israel - Israel is with its rights to stop them from doing so in international waters.

The legality of the blockade is somewhat irrelevant - if men with a lot of guns tell you to do something, being a law-bore is a great way to end up in prison if you're lucky, and dead if you're not.

The fuck? You go from sticking up for Israel and their crazy reasoning for blocking aid, saying they're within their rights to do so; to saying that the blockade being illegal is irrelevant? Do you want to talk human rights, legality issues or common sense?

The legality of the blockade is somewhat irrelevant - if men with a lot of guns tell you to do something, being a law-bore is a great way to end up in prison if you're lucky, and dead if you're not. The entire idea was hostile towards Israel, and to expect no response from a country that is what they might call pro-active, and I might call aggressive, is idiotic at best.

How exactly does Israel have the right to stop a convoy with humanitarian aid in international water with Gaza as its intended destination which is literally under siege, virtually an open air prison, that has had Hamas democratically elected by the people in response to the encroaching actions of Israel?

If running the blockade is a hostile act what the Hell do you call the blockade?

The legitimacy of the blockade is central to this issue. Hamas are called terrorists (although democratically elected) but Israel's actions 'might' be called state terrorism? (But probably not because the US vetoed any official enquiry by the UN)

Only the delusional and those with vested interest can possibly defend Israel's actions.

The fuck? You go from sticking up for Israel and their crazy reasoning for blocking aid, saying they're within their rights to do so; to saying that the blockade being illegal is irrelevant? Do you want to talk human rights, legality issues or common sense?

The main purpose of the flotilla was not to deliver aid - if it was, they'd have done so through Egypt or Israel, both of which offered to let them do so through the land routes. Its prime intention, was, as demonstrated by their actions, to be as provocative as possible by flouting the rules put in place by Israel. Yes, they may have no actual right to do so, but, in this situation, where the party making the rules is heavily armed and has a history of not taking shit in any form from anyone, going along saying "WE'RE GOING TO SAIL RIGHT THROUGH YOUR BLOCKADE, HAHAHAHA," is utterly moronic and clearly provocative. Israel has the right to stop people with the intention of entering they're waters whilst under orders not to, as does anyone else.

Israel did what pretty much everyone expected them to do - stop the flotilla. On five of the vessels, they boarded them (as they approached the naval blockade) and took command. On the sixth, they were, as both side's video show, attacked by people on boarded with weapons. The soldiers on the ground did what anyone expected them to do in such a situation and defended themselves.

Edited by The fish

Do you ever find an idea just irrationally hilarious?

We have this lecturer, who half-way through the year, about a month after we were introduced to the Field Axioms, the set of laws that basically govern maths as we know it, comes onstage and says "Oh, I forgot to tell you about this axiom.".

Thusly, it was named "Dr. Eardman's Secret Axiom". I'm just loling so much at the very idea that she could overlook something so fundamental, and that we were doing maths without it for ages, and no one seemed to care, and just the mental image I have of this axiom being like the Ring of Sauron, weighing down on her soul, and she's so scared of telling anyone about it, lest the whole world as we know it unravel in a ball of yarn.

I just love, too much.

I'm sitting in the IT room, laughing out loud. DRUNK MATHS WIN.

---

Also, when I was ou-et tonight, got introduced to someone as "The guy that got with Johnny Cotton in Michaelmas."

I was just like "LOLNO."

Not my finest hour, considering he's really annoying and I hate looking at him. (I didn't know about that when I got with him, because I was off my face on jelly vodkas).

How exactly does Israel have the right to stop a convoy with humanitarian aid in international water with Gaza as its intended destination which is literally under siege, virtually an open air prison, that has had Hamas democratically elected by the people in response to the encroaching actions of Israel?

If running the blockade is a hostile act what the Hell do you call the blockade?

The legitimacy of the blockade is central to this issue. Hamas are called terrorists (although democratically elected) but Israel's actions 'might' be called state terrorism? (But probably not because the US vetoed any official enquiry by the UN)

The blockade is entirely illegal, and implemented in an insanely heavy handed way. I support it in no way, shape or form. The issue at hand, however, is not that the blockade is there - it is the flotilla and its actions and intentions.

Only the delusional and those with vested interest can possibly defend Israel's actions.

You're projecting so hard we could use you to show Powerpoints. You'll have to take my word for it that I have no vested interest in Israel, so please explain how I'm delusional.

Your life stuns, literally.

I've been sat here, staring at the same Microsoft Word document for a week.

Work can eat a dick.

Your life stuns, literally.

I've been sat here, staring at the same Microsoft Word document for a week.

Work can eat a dick.

Took a break to kick my arse though :D

I love how everything at Oxford is lols and stunning, even incompetent lecturers.

ARGH early!

This time a year ago I was at Birmingham Airport and has just checked in for my flight to Tokyo. Now I'm getting ready for work. Ain't life...sucky? Least I'mma quitting today!

Took a break to kick my arse though :D

Haha, well you beat my ass with Blanka and I did have a slight edge by virtue of the fact that I fiended on SF3 for a long time. That was fun man, more matches soon!

You're projecting so hard we could use you to show Powerpoints. You'll have to take my word for it that I have no vested interest in Israel, so please explain how I'm delusional.

How witty of you.

How are you delusional? Of course the point of the flotilla was to provoke the blockade. Precisely because, like you said, the blockade is illegal.

Why exactly should they go through land routes? Because Israel say so? Absurd.

You point out here that Israel is aggressive, pretty much a bully. The point is to stand up and challenge the situation because apparently there is no other way around it (This idea of standing up against social and political convention similarly challenged by women suffrage to 'earn' women the vote). Hamas, elected democratically isn't doing much to stem Israel's slow creep and the international community doesn't want to say anything, they've abandoned Gaza. This flotilla isn't just about the humanitarian aid it is a symbol of solidarity from ordinary people.

Hostile towards Israel? It's rightly defiant towards Israel after the systematic denial of human rights in Gaza. The cargo of all the ships was checked by European port authorities, so supplying weapons was not a possibility. Israel needs to be challenged, it needs to be kept in check and, quit simply, it isn't.

"if men with a lot of guns tell you to do something", honestly, what kind of attitude is that? Some things are worth dying for.

You may think I'm projecting and in a sense you'd be right. I'm outraged at the reaction, the tactics and situation in general, and really you should be too. If you can't see what the issue is, then you're hopeless.

Edited by Daft

How annoying. Going to a gig tonight, yesterday the tickets hadn't arrived and to cover myself I called Ticket Web, who arranged to have another set of tickets picked up at the venue and cancel the ones that should have arrived. Cue todays post said cancelled tickets arrived.. curse my haste. But had I not done anything sods law would work against me and I'd have been up shit creek without a paddle.

I met Prince Charles and Lady/Duchess/Whatever Camilla Parker-Bowles

prince_charles.jpg

Come on bag searches, sniffer dogs and at least 15 agents of S.H.I.E.L.D around the college (though all really friendly as opposed to surly as you'd expect).

The whole thing was so surreal cause Leith (the area where my college is) is famously littered with filthy, often mad people. So yeah.

Various cars and people arrived eariler to assess the situation. I loved Monica Rambeau, simultaneously on the phone to Nextwave and instructing the photographers what to do.

Eventually it was like "Fuck, they've left Edinburgh castle." Then "Fuck, they're in the building."

I was happily cutting away at my shizz, then Charles just arrived in my personal space, taking me by suprise (I was in the room that Cami was meant to "do"). We chatted about my piece, film amd where I'm going. Said he liked film directors, they have creative minds. Or something along those lines, he mumble-laughed.

I said hello to Camilla, but she was loving life with a posse of girls from my course gathered around her.

In the end it felt like it would have been more intriguing to have been in the crowd outside. But an experience meeting them nontheless.

and at least 15 agents of S.H.I.E.L.D around the college

I get that reference!

!

My day has been spent sorting out my newly formatted PC and getting it ready for some work I wanna start tonight.

I'm also enjoying the free time I have to play games, watch TV/movies and catch up on reading.

Hurrah for summer and student-ness!

Although admittedly today has been spent just been spent watching the news while my PC slowly installs stuff.

Horrific eye-witness accounts are coming out now.

The one on the BBC about 15 minutes ago (the guy who saw the gunman who just stood looking back) was especially horrendous.

I get that reference!

!

So do I!

I'm also enjoying the free time I have to play games, watch TV/movies and catch up on reading.

Hurrah for summer and student-ness!

Envy ...

I'm nacked!!!.

Been helping out with a Gardening/Litter project in work today. Packed a car load of stuff to set-up (tables, chairs and a gazebo) Piece of pie to set up (gazebo). Then all the plants and compost arrived, forgot how heavy the bags of compost are (i used to do garden stuff for a living, so i was used to it). After the kids went off to litter pick (we are nice people arn't we!!) the remaining staff set the garden stuff up, packing the pots with compost ready for the residents to choose what plants they wanted in their pots. Spent 3 hours doing this, then packed it all away (well, what remained of it anyway) and took it back to unpack into storage.

Gonna be going out for a pint later, i earned it.

Come on bag searches, sniffer dogs and at least 15 agents of S.H.I.E.L.D around the college (though all really friendly as opposed to surly as you'd expect).

I get that reference!

Aha, but I win, because I get...

I loved Monica Rambeau, simultaneously on the phone to Nextwave and instructing the photographers what to do.

That reference.

:D

Today really hasn't involved much on my end:

- Woke up from a dream where my left arm had been attacked by something (can't remember what) to find that my left arm hurt like hell. Had to check I had dreamt it all up

- Finished off a review (need to finish another tomorrow)

- Went into town for lunch

- Making sure bank has sorted out the little faux pas from yesterday (they have... sort of)

- Making sure items I've bought have been sent to me and not continued to sit in packing for several days after buying :nono:

- Extreme tiredness for no reason whatsoever (there probably is a reason but I don't know if it is exactly what I think it is) meaning I fell asleep.... twice

And that's it really. Oh, the enjoyment of living my life :laughing:. Should get a bit more lively in the coming days as I try to sort multiple things out.