NEurope

I have just been wandering around in a sort of tired daze all day after getting only 5 hours sleep last night. Oh well. Still have to go and play 6 aside football tonight as if I don't turn up, we don't have a team. Was going to leave it, but I thought I may as well play.

In other news, my mum has just been told this morning she has to go down to London for anything as long as two weeks to help train staff and deal with all the problems this great big cloud of doom in the sky is creating. That's me eating very poorly for a while :heh:

The new LCD is really growing on me. Interested to see the first reviews of it and very excited for it's actual release, even if it is a month away.

SPAMBOT, good lad! You don't deserve some psycho-girl (though the guys of N-E do seem to attract that type ...). Raining is right, you're an awesome guy. :)

Heyyyyyyyy!

I'm not a psycho-girl. I hope. =(

My day's been okayyyy, nice and sunny. Too bad I had to spend most of it in a cold building with no windows to let in the sun. Fail.

Have also failed to do any proper school work today. Have to make up for that this evening I guess. Don't wanna go back to school tomorrowwww. *whine*

FLIGHT CANCELATIONS EXTENDED TO 1300HRS WED 21 APR

RYANAIR EXTENDS CURRENT FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS UNTIL AT LEAST 1300HRS WED 21 APRIL

Ryanair, today (Sun 18th April) confirmed that based on current meteorological forecasts, and the continuing emission of volcanic ash into the atmosphere over Iceland, it has decided to cancel all scheduled flights to/from the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Poland and the Baltic States until 1300hrs on Wed 21 April. Ryanair flights from Spain, the Canary and Baleric islands, the south of Italy (including Pisa, Rome, Sardinia and Sicily), Malta and North Africa will continue to operate just domestic and southbound routes. This advice is based on the current stable weather trends which continue to blow potentially dangerous volcanic ash across the British Isles, Scandinavia and Europe.

This decision has been taken by Ryanair in order to allow passengers to apply for a full refund or rebook onto flights later this week, when Ryanair hopes that improved/changed weather conditions may allow normal flight schedules to resume. Ryanair is anxious to give intending passengers as much information as possible, as far in advance as possible, to allow them to make alternative arrangements. Ryanair continues to post regular flight information updates on the flight information page on http://www.ryanair.com.

Announcing these further cancellations today, Ryanair’s Michael O’Leary said:

“This spreading cloud of volcanic ash is unprecedented in Ryanair’s experience, and we are continuing to work around the clock to minimise its effects on our schedules and passengers. Ryanair’s flights in Spain, Southern Italy and Northern Africa will continue to operate Southbound and domestic routes.

We hope that by cancelling all Ryanair flights over the above affected countries until at least 1300hrs on Wednesday 21st April next, we can give passengers as much notice as possible to allow them plenty of time to apply for refunds or rebook alternative Ryanair flights.

We apologise sincerely to all Ryanair customers whose travel plans have been disrupted by these cancellations. We have teams of people sending email advisories to all passengers affected by these cancelled flights to give them as much notice as possible to allow them to change their travel plans. We hope that either the prevailing winds will have changed direction or the ash cloud will have dispersed sufficiently to allow flights to operate safely across the British Isles and Northern Europe by Wednesday afternoon next.

Ryanair will continue to monitor the situation closely and will release further flight info and travel advisories to intending passengers on our website at http://www.ryanair.com.

Awesome. :D :D :D

Okay, bit annoying but I've managed to change flights to 19:05 the same day. Hopefully they are working then. Now just got to change car hire and make sure hotel accept you that late. Le Epican Failzors.

Edited by ReZourceman

Man, finally off work with a pounding headache. I've got the whole week off now though, huzzah!

And get yourself to A&E Raining for chrissake, I don't want to even think about what this place would devolve into without you. Something covered in some kind of rancid bodily effluence probably.

Heyyyyyyyy!

I'm not a psycho-girl. I hope. =(

My day's been okayyyy, nice and sunny. Too bad I had to spend most of it in a cold building with no windows to let in the sun. Fail.

Have also failed to do any proper school work today. Have to make up for that this evening I guess. Don't wanna go back to school tomorrowwww. *whine*

Of course you're a psycho-girl! Have you perhaps ever threatened to firebomb a butcher's shop like any RATIONAL female? No? Then there you have it!

Love you!

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Awesome. :D :D :D

Okay, bit annoying but I've managed to change flights to 19:05 the same day. Hopefully they are working then. Now just got to change car hire and make sure hotel accept you that late. Le Epican Failzors.

I honestly don't think anyone has a clue when flights will resume and airports will just keep guessing and cancelling, guessing and cancelling.

Volcano info that we know:

- It last erupted 200 years ago and kept emitting for 200 years.

- This eruption was 20x more powerful than the last one.

Wouldn't get your hopes up too much!

Haven't been keeping up with the thread, where are you going?

Of course you're a psycho-girl! Have you perhaps ever threatened to firebomb a butcher's shop like any RATIONAL female? No? Then there you have it!

Love you!

Anyone else just see testicles when they glance at Dannyboys avatar?

I honestly don't think anyone has a clue when flights will resume and airports will just keep guessing and cancelling, guessing and cancelling.

Volcano info that we know:

- It last erupted 200 years ago and kept emitting for 200 years.

- This eruption was 20x more powerful than the last one.

Wouldn't get your hopes up too much!

Anyone else just see testicles when they glance at Dannyboys avatar?

I thought you guys saw testicles when you stared at anything related to me.

To me it looked like either boobs, a bum or testicles. It just looks wrong no matter how you look at it. =P

Haven't been keeping up with the thread, where are you going?

n212176917165_4717.jpg

Even if the ash doesn't pass hopefully planes will be able to fly due to the tests etc.

We will see. *Le Failz Sigh*

n212176917165_4717.jpg

Even if the ash doesn't pass hopefully planes will be able to fly due to the tests etc.

We will see. *Le Failz Sigh*

I'm sure they're packed with people trying, but no chance of using Eurostar or Ferry's?

I'm sure they're packed with people trying, but no chance of using Eurostar or Ferry's?

I've looked into it breifly, but by the time we know if we're getting flights they'll be booked already, and I don't really want to book it now and drop everything (car hire, flights etc) I dunno. Its also a pretty hefty drive.

Today was nice. I had a good lie in, got up slowly and had a filling breakfast. I love breakfast. Anyway, I wrote my personal statement in less than an hour, much to the disbelief of my tutor who didn't believe it and have proceeded to send off my UCAS again! Rejoice etc. I now owe Ashley cookies/drinks for his invaluable help, and inappropriate jokes regarding my sexual history.

Also I've done some maths tutoring today, and wrote some more on my explosives essay. Might do that titrimetric calculation as well after I've been on a sufficiently satisfying run. We had a BBQ as well, but it was chilly. Reggae Reggae sauce made it yummy though. The volcano is a bitch, sorry to all of you who've had plans shat on by it! Hope it gets better.

I burned my finger of a lightblub. Ow.

Trying to do more sketchbook stuff for going back to college tomorrow, I chose to do superheroes, and tie that into various possible themes like identity, childhood, imagination, human desire to transcend cicrumstance etc, but I hate how we have to "fill 3 double-page spreads!" with observational drawing, when that's hardly what I need to do. I should be doing a film again, but I can't really see how it'll translate...or I can't imagine making a film yet. Which is probably good, because you're not meant to think about the final piece until later on.

I now owe Ashley cookies/drinks for his invaluable help, and inappropriate jokes regarding my sexual history.

Scusi principessa, it was more about your sexual present.

Got some clothes in off the line. A few were sat in the basket outside for a while before I got all of them in. Chucked them on my bed and discovered ants. Bastards. So had to get rid of those but if I wake up tomorrow bitten I'll know why. Although also found a ladybird. Life balances eh?

Been such a meh weekend. Just kind of drifted through it reflecting on life/future. I want September to come. I'm so bored of this place.

Sorry to hear about the cancelled holiday plans people and ReZ :(

Edited by Ashley

Took the weekend of from the onslaught of work. Normally I'd feel guilty but this year I'm really happy with how everything is going. It's almost going too well. Seriously though, I should be able to absolutely nail these exams.

I was feeling guilty about not going to the gym on Friday but I felt I more than made up for it with my cycling/football/cycling combo. That's well over two hours of sweaty exercise in the sun.

Got home and lounged on my bed reading Solaris while the film's pretty sublime soundtrack was playing. I'm lucky because there's a massive window in my room so the light has been amazing. Just been reading, chilling, watching the sky turn dark like a bruise.

Today has been a good day, if not a bit solitary.

wrote some more on my explosives essay.

That sounds so fucking cool.

When I look at Dannyboy's picture it looks like an eskimo,with oversized snowman hands, that has accidently chopped of his own mishapen penis. :)

Y'all and your dirty minds! :p

My day consisted of Pokemon and going to the cinema and the unlikely surprise of having someone who I knew for about 2 weeks when I first started Uni (but had to leave) turn up and ask whether they could sleep on my floor.

They tried to win me over through guilt but they forgot one thing....

THE DEMON TOOK MY SOUL!

(in exchange for getting me dressed in the morning.)

Yeah I can't deal with someone I barely know sleeping on my floor, I'd have to stay awake all night. I need my beauty sleep for tomorrow if I'm to talk about cats!

...wait actually I need very little sleep if I'm to be at my most whimiscal.

ANYWAY, I've got no space on my floor my room is a mess and Miley Cyrus is currently occupying it. :D

Went walking across fields with Happenstance today to test out his new camera and get some rad pictures myself.

Had an awesome moment with a rather cunning cow. We were walking along a raised hill type thing and there was a cow in our way and looking at us. We decided to go down the hill to the bottom to go round it, which we managed. On the way back it was still there so we went down the hill again to go round it, but every time we went back up the hill the cow had moved (or should that be Moo-ved?) along a bit so it was still blocking the way. On each trip back up to the top of the hill all I could hear was the Metal Gear Solid action theme playing in my head and kept picturing this every time the cow looked at us:

P4182782.jpg

That's the actual cow by the way. Clever girl.

Then went on to a Barbecue where I pioneered the phrase "I don't think it's innocent if you have an erection at the time". Good times.

Took the weekend of from the onslaught of work. Normally I'd feel guilty but this year I'm really happy with how everything is going. It's almost going too well. Seriously though, I should be able to absolutely nail these exams.

I was feeling guilty about not going to the gym on Friday but I felt I more than made up for it with my cycling/football/cycling combo. That's well over two hours of sweaty exercise in the sun.

I always get that horrible guilty feeling if I haven't been for a run/swim. I'm glad I do get like that, gives me incentive to exercise, and I actually enjoy being active. So aaaall's good.

That sounds so fucking cool.

You'd think so wouldn't you? I did. How wrong I was.

It has been an eventful week. Been out partying since Thursday to this morning. Good thing there is no lecture today because I'm not going to school today.

Went out with my best friends and some of their friends last night. We had a blast. And one of their friends of the female kind that I didn't know complimented me on my looks (unbelievable, I know), in particular my hair, so confidence +10.

Good for you. I asked a girl to dance with me last night(I was drunk, she was drunk). She said she had to drink some more. Confidence -10.

Edited by Tales

Good for you. I asked a girl to dance with me last night(I was drunk, she was drunk). She said she had to drink some more. Confidence -10.

Naw, cheer up. Some are bound to be ignorant of what they're missing. :)

I think someone accidentally Rage Locked the Eyjafjallajakullate thread.

I think someone accidentally Rage Locked the Eyjafjallajakullate thread.

Yeah, I posted about it in the question thread.

I was looking at the candidates for my parent's (I'm voting at uni) constituency, and I was surprised by how little ethnic diversity there was (2001 census). I knew it wasn't as much as cities and the like but didn't realise how low.

White: 98.7%

Black: 0.2%

Asian: 0.4%

Mixed: 0.5%

Other: 0.2%

Source.

I need to go to Morrisons as I have no food in the house. I also need to do an assignment. (Only 5-600 words but really can't be arsed).