NEurope

I think Dyson's words in the Meet Thread are coming true. We may have melt-down sooner than he predicted.

Just back from work, horrible day I had thanks to that bloody Ash cloud. All day wrecking my head trying to sort out and rebook flights and hotels and will probably have more of it tomorrow.

Good news though in personal things, today is also the 1st Wedding Anniversary of Joy & I, WOOT.

Here's a reminder of what I was doing this time last year (seems like it's been longer though :heh:)

Manager isn't in, so I'm going to spend the majority of my time at work on the internet!

Go me.

Manager isn't in, so I'm going to spend the majority of my time at work on the internet!

Go me.

Go you indeed, that is exactly what i did today to be fair. Manager was on a training course then had interviews this afternoon to complete. The dude i work with was in Cardiff on a course as well.

Today is a very good day after all. The sun started shining, I did some substantial work and I've just been running. It's beautiful out and I am feeling so post-exercise awesome. Literally dripping with sweat and it feels great!

EDIT: ...and OMG I almost have that six pack I've always wanted.

Edited by Razz

Pretty much finished that bloody essay. Not sure why but I felt really refreshed today.

I need to inflate the wheels on my bike some more, I swear if they get any flatter I'm going to end up pinching the inner-tubing. Didn't go to the gym today, decided I'd take the day off. Got 5-a-side football on Sunday which I can't wait for.

Today was a lazy day of gaming. Ace.

Also the neighbors are having a bonfire. This is the view from our bathroom window:

P4162676_7_5_tonemapped.jpg

There's no other lighting outside the window (it's just fields) so the bonfire is the only thing lighting it. It's glorious.

I was going back a few pages to get a general impression of everyone else's recents, but then we had database errors. I'm taking that as a sign :heh:

Thursday

- Lectures fine.

- One lecturer asked me to do a bit of the lecture next week. Should be interesting. Need to prep that.

- On way home got a phone call from mother saying everyone's going out for a meal. So out we went.

- Everyone there was moaning I didn't dress up nicely because I was wearing my super-ripped jeans, even though I'd just come from work where I was camouflaging as a student. They also said it can't be comfy. It's like I'm not wearing anything! Of course its comfy.

- Then friend rang me as we were leaving for a chat so I went round heres. Its amazing how deluded she is now. She's living a white trash life (although she seems to be enjoying it so whatever). Convinced herself her sister and ex had something and thats why her sister isn't talking to her new boyfriend. Maybe its because he's a convicted rapist? Perhaps?

- Andrew Dost's Columbus came into my life. Amazing.

Friday

- Lectures fine.

- Bumped into someone from the afternoon lecture (a third year one) who was having a major panic with her dissertation so I tried to talk her through that.

- Its actually kinda fun sitting in that lecture with everyone going "OMG DISSERTATION I'M SO STRESSED" and I can sit there. Its the Saturday/Christmas shopping feeling; feeling calmed by being surrounded by stressed people.

- Said to myself "I won't do work this weekend!" then on the way home realised I left my USB pen full of work at uni. So I won't be doing work.

- Rang uni reception and she sent someone security to go pick it up. "You must have been a rush as you left because you left rubbish and a bit of paper and you left yourself logged in". I'm pretty sure I logged out and the only thing I had that constituted rubbish was my drink, which I still have with me so someone else left it. Asked her what was on the paper and she said something to do with Cyprus, told her it wasn't mine. Hope she read the "and neither is the rubbish you bitch" between those lines.

- How is it 10pm? I've still not even STARTED these notes from today.

- Brand New. Feels so right on a Friday night at home.

- Got my mother some flowers, just as a random thing, and she cried. I don't understand women.

Edited by Ashley

- I decided my starting point for my next project will be "Superheroes/my love for the concept of them Re: childhood toys and onwards". Right now I'm sketching out ideas for an animation of a page of a comic coming to life. I'm happy with that...it's just a starting point, I've been thinking in terms of final pieces.

- My instructor said it was my best driving lesson ever, as I was calm throughout and drove with total awareness or something. Yes.

- My day. ^

Edited by Paj!

I decided my starting point for my next project will be "Superheroes/my love for the concept of them Re: childhood toys and onwards". Right now I'm sketching out ideas for an animation of a page of a comic coming to life. I'm happy with that...it's just a starting point, I've been thinking in terms of final pieces.

Keep my ear to your ground.

Bought myself a new A5 sketchbook which I hope to use as random sketches/ideas/project book. I need to be more disciplined/do more stuff. I'd take it to work with me but I have no more room in my bag. What with a laptop, two folders, a notepad, food, a drink, pens, wallet and ipod in there already.

Also discovered this website; https://shanalogic.com/index.php why do I not have lots of money and live in America (they ship here, but get raped by customs)

Edited by Ashley

Been having mounds of fun with my new position at work. The amount of bullshit some customers come out with is amazing. And it's usually the same thing.

Finished reading:

LordsundayUK.jpg

Today.

Because it had been so long since I'd read the rest of the series, I went through them all. Seven books of decent length in little over a fortnight.

Not a bad series in the end, but of a Matrix-esque ending though.

*Goes to favourite on Deviant Art and is dissappoiintteedd*

I don't really use DeviantArt anymore. It's all about RedBubble nowadays.

Currently in bed watching Chris Rock's 'Bigger and Blacker'. Holy crap is this good.

Finally paid off my credit card today, am going to buy myself some flowers and a bottle of Martini.

This is exactly what I did today, thank god for bonus! I'm just sad it all goes in one minute. At least it's one less debt done with. Now to enjoy myself!

Please tell me you were on something :laughing: Very nice though! Enjoyment commenced.

Wtf. Just got an email about my accomodation for Uni next year. Despite accepting an Unconditional offer and applying for accomodation pretty early I still managed to get only my 3rd choice flat - no large room with a couch and no en suite for me. Really disappointed.

That is awesome.

inorite.

I hate the concept of a career. Let me lie in a river... and float along to the garden of Eden... or like have a garden party with everyone.

:hug:

I love. Also snap on the writing thing. I keep trying to write this YA book but it only happens when I'm down and or inspired.

Was having a bad dream last night about the ash cloud situation getting worse, woke up hoping it was just a dream, checked the news and it is getting worse, got work at 10am and know there's going to be more new problems now.

Forcing yourself into bed at 9pm won't help. You'll lay there for hours, get agitated and decide its just not the way.

The video was all going so well until around 3:50 then...dear lord :p You're at Oxford man! Have some linguistic respect.

Looks like i'm not going on holiday now :(:(

Stupid volcano!!!!

On a good note - I went to the chemist for a script today, and it was free, yay free prescriptions! ^_^

And even though its still shit that I can't go away, i've got a nice week off work - hopefully the weather stays lovely!

sp1pr_000_001.gif

cera_as_scott.jpg

scott-pilgrim-cera-wright.jpg

Translation: I went for that long distance relationship. Hurah!

I read Volume 1 this week and actually loved it.

Looks like i'm not going on holiday now :(:(

Stupid volcano!!!!

Ugh tell me about it. Theme Fest hangs in the fucking balance. First time on a pissing plane in 3 years and I chose the week it fucks up. I'll cry my eyes out if we don't go (hopefully going on Wednesday) Sigh.