NEurope

I accidently spoiled myself with ReZ's spoiler. :( Am halfway through season 3 myself, not hugely bothered about spoilers though.

My sister had a baby today, boy, 6 pounds 8 ounces... my first Nephew, yay :D

Congrats to your sister and to you Mokong.

I've finally beat the original Gears today. I nearly broke my control pad doing it mind, General RAAM is one big nasty tough as nails monster to beat. Close to impossible i might add. Can now begin Gears 2 at some point, not tonight though.

Need thoughts on long distance relationships.

Been out with a girl a couple of times but alas I'm back to uni on monday, 170 miles away, and shes staying at home as shes still at skeewwl.

She wants to give a long distance relationship a try. I dunno what to do really.

Ps: she is very hot, get on very well and such.

My sister had a baby today, boy, 6 pounds 8 ounces... my first Nephew, yay :D

Well done to your sister and congratulations to you both! :)

Need thoughts on long distance relationships.

Been out with a girl a couple of times but alas I'm back to uni on monday, 170 miles away, and shes staying at home as shes still at skeewwl.

She wants to give a long distance relationship a try. I dunno what to do really.

Ps: she is very hot, get on very well and such.

Long Distance Relationships?! Pah. Like they ever work!

In all seriousness, there's no telling whether they'll work or not. It's just like any other relationship, but there's just a bigger focus on how well you can "stick together" despite being a distance away. For example, I had a friend at uni in Brighton (where I was) but his girlfriend was in Bournemouth, which is where he was from. So, kinda same situation to you I guess. (I dunno how far apart they are though in terms of miles...hmm)

They argued pretty much all the time on the phone, mainly because they were both insecure and he was too clingy - getting annoyed when she went out and guys were there, etc. In a stark contrast, I don't think me and the Ine ever had half the problems they did, and we were further away! Work that one out. The answer: They sucked.

It's not easy, but no relationship is. You have to be committed to it, like working out when you'll see each other and stuff. It can be lonely being apart, but then it feels so much sweeter when you do meet up.

Essentially, it's an educated risk. You work out whether you would get along when you are together, and how you would be when you are not together. You might not know yet. I don't think I knew how things were going to turn out, so I just took the risk and hoped for the best. If I had to make the same choice again, it would be the same answer everytime.

Spent the last hour watching a documentary about professional Street Fighter players that Dan Dare reccommended to me. It was fucking rad. The best thing is getting to see them speaking straight after a match or a huge tournament win, giving an interview, and being slightly overcome by the rush of things; its the kind of ingenuousness you wouldn't get from a sports personality because their environment is so sterile. The rivalries and interrelationships were really cool to see:

Because I'm a fucking nerd.

Long distance relationships; they skew the reality of things and make you really feel deeply in love, and that euphoria tends to hangover into actual visitations to make them glossy and sweet, drenched in romantic memory.

They're totally possible and very awesome, but with a schoolgirl? No. There's a certain maturity/trust needed. Go for the "I'm shipping out to the peace corps tomorrow" route instead.

___

- Didn't sleep well at all last night

- Group's project is being shown at uni in... less than 30 mins.

- I think the rest of the group really let me down.

- It's going to suck.

Got into work at 9:20am this morning, 40 minutes early. I should get paid from the time i get in, but it seems not to be fair. I should get time-sheets to place my times in from NCC, but they havn't sent any out for me to check as such.

Got myself a session on RSV2 tonight against my mates, should be interesting as i win most of the time. I may even go on Gears 2 as well if i feel like it, but i probably won't after last nights difficulty (3 hours on 1 boss is bloomin ridiculous)

gaggle64 came over...we did stuff...went to the pub....came back...did more stuff...he went home, yeay male bonding

My car needed a fix, and now I'll need to take it in and get it service, already I can hear my wallet crying like a bitch.

I so hope I live in the city next year and sell the car >_> Would make life a tad easier for me.

- I am exempt from council tax!

- ... But because I gave the money to housemates, they now owe me £13o+ each...

- One guy has water and electricity from his account anyway so I can nullify that

- The other guy is notorious for being bad with money... so I may shaft him by telling other housemates for future bills to get my share off him.

- I am the enemy of the place

- Now onto Student finance to find out where teh fuck my money is!

- And a potential trip to the hospital to get hearing aid batteries.

- I am exempt from council tax!

- ... But because I gave the money to housemates, they now owe me £13o+ each...

- One guy has water and electricity from his account anyway so I can nullify that

- The other guy is notorious for being bad with money... so I may shaft him by telling other housemates for future bills to get my share off him.

- I am the enemy of the place

- Now onto Student finance to find out where teh fuck my money is!

- And a potential trip to the hospital to get hearing aid batteries.

It's not easy, but no relationship is. You have to be committed to it, like working out when you'll see each other and stuff. It can be lonely being apart, but then it feels so much sweeter when you do meet up.

Essentially, it's an educated risk. You work out whether you would get along when you are together, and how you would be when you are not together. You might not know yet. I don't think I knew how things were going to turn out, so I just took the risk and hoped for the best. If I had to make the same choice again, it would be the same answer everytime.

Yeah, I think I'd definitely go for it if but I don't reckon I've had nearly enough time to figure out if it would work. Ach maybe I will. Should really make my mind up soon. Nice to know it works for people anyhoo.

Long distance relationships; they skew the reality of things and make you really feel deeply in love, and that euphoria tends to hangover into actual visitations to make them glossy and sweet, drenched in romantic memory.

They're totally possible and very awesome, but with a schoolgirl? No. There's a certain maturity/trust needed. Go for the "I'm shipping out to the peace corps tomorrow" route instead.

Haha, to be fair she's last year of sixth form, almost 18, probably just as mature as I am, if not more, not just a silly schoolgirl and such. Point noted nonethless.

A long distance relationship is most definitely worth it with a 17 year old....

Just make sure it doesn't get in the way of you enjoying uni.

I tried a long distance relationship, carried on with my girlfriend into first year at university. Sort of.

Didn't work out well in the end. Insecurities, new guys (for her...) led to emotional times. She regretted it, and I've moved on. Sorry just like to vent my hatred for me wasting my time with it all really.

I completely agree Flinky, it can work, but it might not. Depends on the people involved.

Although, thinking about it, my current girlfriend at university lives about 2 hours away from me now. So when it is holiday time at university we have a sort of long distance relationship and we are fine!

Good luck whatever boyo!

So I went to see Kick-Ass today, not knowing much about it except reading a few posts on here and seeing bits of the trailer on TV. Quality film had me laughing all the way through. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a film as much.

So I went to see Kick-Ass today, not knowing much about it except reading a few posts on here and seeing bits of the trailer on TV. Quality film had me laughing all the way through. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a film as much.

Thats because Mark Millar is a gee, and comics are an incredible source for extremely extremely fun and entertaining stories.

so I may shaft him by telling other housemates for future bills to get my share off him.

Yesterday. Work, of the research kind. Lecture. Student was late. Stupid student. Although it meant I bumped into hot colleague.

Today. Work, of the research kind. Meeting with supervisor. She liked what I sent her so far, huzzah. Have done more. Will do more and send it her tomorrow too.

Should do some work now but the new Mother episode is a'callin....

Supervisor said I can write myself into the next aspect of this project so I asked her today what she means and how much money/time it could be. Said it can be full time over the summer if I wish so just need to really encourage the funding board to agree to give us money. But I may be able to give myself a job.

On the long distance relationship thing: Its definately easier when you get into full time employment, for me and the boy I do about 30hours of uni work a week with only 6 hours of classes. Whereas he does 67 hours of night-shift work. We still manage to see each other every week. He lives three hours away.

Anyway, today has been productive, got stuff sorted for my group project, started some other work, bought sushi, internet went down for a while so went to see jayseven, then came back and its on again, yay!

AGH.

I need an idea/concept for my project that I actually like. I'm so scared. I might actually try a little test animation tomorrow to see if that's viable for me.

Also seeing Laura Marling tomorrow night! Boom tube.

FML

Sort of...accidentally asked someone out? Can you do that? Apparently. Even when I'm not trying I get shot down. Lulz.

Lawl dan, I need to hear this :P

- internet's been shit all day

- nightwolf and housemate come to rescue some DVDs

- Housemates eventually come home... and have a fight in the kitchen. And corridor. And break teh bannister. Was a cool UFC-esque fight, mind you.

- Walked to london road at midnight, bought some booze

- Am drinking, listening to eskimo, talking to Haden, gonna watch Breaking Bad before bed

- Totally psychoanalysed a housemate to the point of INSTILLING FEAR in him.

- I don't like hyphens. Hyph! Hypn. Hypson. HIP SON.