Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

It's been one of them days. Popped out earlier and picked up a card for my parents anniversary tomorrow (i think its tomorrow, i can never remember). Spent the rest of the day keeping an eye on the dog again. Calm as all day, then my Mum comes home and she goes nuts. Can't win.

Had a job application today. Thought it went okay but not great but they've offered me the job...

Thing is. I'm not 100% sure I can do what they're asking of me. They're a small web company (like 4 people) who want someone who can do ASP stuff... I can do a BIT and when I say 'a bit' I mean 'very little'... I did tell them this though. Absolutely bricking it now though as I start this Monday. I can imagine my first day just sitting in front of a computer, not being able to do anything and just wanting to cry the entire time but not being able to due to everyone working in a very CLOSE ENVIRONMENT. Also there's noone there to really show me the ropes as I get the impression they don't know anything about ASP really. I am literally shitting myself.

This was in Exeter. Which I'd never driven around before and I think there's a high chance of me having a speeding ticket. Was doing 50 on a 40 dual carriageway (though there was NO reason for it to be a 40) as I was trying to get around some van that was merging from the left going around a bend, soon as I got around the corner there was a mobile speed camera van staring me in the face... Instead of slamming my breaks on I just carried on doing 50 as I was still trying to get past the fucker and would prob have been more dangerous to slam them on.

tl;dr I got a job that I might not be able to do and have probably got a speeding ticket.

Work on Wednesday was fun, more infiltration by the GP who has informed us all [more than once] that he's going on holiday next week to Fuerteventura with his parents. Although he claims he's paying for it after saving up his benefits, which after telling me he gets under £100 a week, and spends 5 nights a week drinking in a pub, I find it hard to believe.

But this is what pissed me off so much when he was talking about it. Was that he was saying that he works very hard during his 3 hour shifts glass collecting Friday and Saturday night and gets paid in beer. I think he actually believes himself when he says this:

"I work hard on Fridays and Saturdays. Very hard. Too hard. I need a break"

I would like to see if anyone here gets as pissed off with this chap as much as I am. We all work a shitload more hours than this man. I daresay even those who are looking for work use more energy.

Had a job application today. Thought it went okay but not great but they've offered me the job...

Thing is. I'm not 100% sure I can do what they're asking of me. They're a small web company (like 4 people) who want someone who can do ASP stuff... I can do a BIT and when I say 'a bit' I mean 'very little'... I did tell them this though. Absolutely bricking it now though as I start this Monday. I can imagine my first day just sitting in front of a computer, not being able to do anything and just wanting to cry the entire time but not being able to due to everyone working in a very CLOSE ENVIRONMENT. Also there's noone there to really show me the ropes as I get the impression they don't know anything about ASP really. I am literally shitting myself.

This was in Exeter. Which I'd never driven around before and I think there's a high chance of me having a speeding ticket. Was doing 50 on a 40 dual carriageway (though there was NO reason for it to be a 40) as I was trying to get around some van that was merging from the left going around a bend, soon as I got around the corner there was a mobile speed camera van staring me in the face... Instead of slamming my breaks on I just carried on doing 50 as I was still trying to get past the fucker and would prob have been more dangerous to slam them on.

tl;dr I got a job that I might not be able to do and have probably got a speeding ticket.

Cram as many YouTube tutorials as possible this weekend?

Hey look...student didn't turn up >_> And I didn't find out until the end of the lecture because she doesn't want contact and thus I've never met her and the lecturer didn't do the register until the end. She has turned up for 1 lecture in the last 7 weeks. People eh?

Looked around two towns for a costume for tomorrow night. Kinda got something sorted but need to pick something else up tomorrow.

Walked home in the pouring rain again. This time I had bus money, but the bus wasn't for half an hour and I didn't want to stand in the cold and wet when it takes 20 minutes to walk.

And now I think the cats want feeding. They're staring at me.

Yup, another exciting Friday night!

I hate it when it rains on a friday night. Especially when I have work saturday morning. Makes it. Wet and expensive night out, or sad and lonely (but dry and cheap!) night in?

Currently heading towards a compromise. HGAW was supposed to text me before

I finished work with plans for tonight. Instead about 30 mins after I finish work, mate who spends half the week in derby and most weekends here with his gf (juggling president) invited me out to a local pub (at 8). I say, yeah, cool, but not for long as i got work early, etc. Then HGAW texts me at 7 saying I can come over if I like.

Tsk.

Its basically been raining here non stop for two days. Ish. Fail. Win. Etc.

Thursday I had a wank day at work. Like 4 really stupid bad cases, it literally was retard ring up today.

Had a guy today with a bad stutter, felt well bad for him. :( He couldn't say the plan number and I needed it. He said it eventually though. Must be awful and make even simple things tricky etc but I guess loads of things do blah blah.

Want to watch 2012 tomorrow, but the missus wants to cheap it up on Tue/Wed.

Will defo pick up comics and search B&Q for bits I need for my Daken costume though.

my arm is like seriously sore :( Stupid swine flu vaccine. Had a bit of a fever this morning too. Apparently its normal, and I wasn't feeling hugely sick, so it's all good!

must be allergic to swines or something cause the seasonal flu vaccine has done squat all to my arm.

Awk, that sucks, hope you feel better soon m'dear! Something cute and sleepy to help cheer you?

6a010535647bf3970b01287588dd08970c-pi

Apparently I'm getting the vaccine too because I'm wheezy, lazy, short sighted asthmatic. Whoo! :heh:

Awk, that sucks, hope you feel better soon m'dear! Something cute and sleepy to help cheer you?
6a010535647bf3970b01287588dd08970c-pi

Apparently I'm getting the vaccine too because I'm wheezy, lazy, short sighted asthmatic. Whoo! :heh:

Awwww :3 thankyou!

I have to get two bloody vaccines =(

I thought it was all over then she turned round and said, "why were you called up?" i told her about my rhematic disease, skin, immune system, and the meds i'm on. Then she sprung the whole "have to get a second vaccine" thing. Something about being a backup because my immune system is weak. :angry:

Woke up at 8.30 due to my sister's friend's mum phoning, anxious about her daughter (the one that's my age) mental health. I gave her my mum's number and gave no more of a shit than I did before. I didn't intend to wake up this early, but decided to watch Frasier and Will & Grace, which is nice, cause I always have to leave for college before they come on. So a nice relaxy day, did NOTHING all day. Just splurged. (Oh yeah, this is cause we don't have college on Fridays)

After a lovely roast dinner, went round to my friends to dump a whole load of 'stunning' (his word) Cd's for him to copy before he goes to France, so he has lots of music to discover. He's going away on Wednesday until May, so big deal etc. One of my favourite friends from school who's still in Edinburgh, will be a shame to see him go. :(

We and a few others went into town to loosely joi na pub golf in celebration of a another friend's birthday, but I refused to spend money, since I knew I wasn't going to feel the effects of alcohol after a huge meal. I realised it's why I never get drunk but spend so much (relative to amount of drunkeness), I always go out right after dinner. So yeah...eventually just headed home, as I had no need to be there after the chat was over.

Went for a nice few drinks with my close buddies. I think I scared them with my apathetic approach to death. Not enough to demand a suicide watch. So that's good?

Work is at 11.30am tomorrow. I figure I'll get more-pissed while I watch Flashforward and Supernatural, and hopefully naturally conk out.

My friends think I should basically non-stop assault HGAW until she caves. They're right in the sense that I have given up hope there, but I don't find it easy to think they can possibly be more right than me when it comes to any decision with my life. Therefore I choose to sit back and watch it go one way, only for her to tell me she "really liked me at the time" in a few months.

Going to shorty and nami's tomorrow night for a few hours, and am looking forward to it :) here's hoping work is a doddle.

Oh Jimmy Boy I have a complaint for you/the company you work for (I always had to account for Game's misgivings, its only fair :heh:) Why advertise the Pinnochio/Jungle Book double set for £10 but NEVER stock it ANYWHERE.

Its just rude is what it is.

Just had revenge on my gf for farting continuously in bed. She will be pissed off, but it was funny. Changed her facebook status to:

I am Scatalogically obsessed. Stuff comes out of my ass at least at the rate of 1 emission/300 secs at a density of 500 billion farticles per emission. Using pv=nRT I have determined that 1 of my "emissions" has the ability to fill a Boeing 747/sec.

I'm pretty drunk woooo!

Went for a nice few drinks with my close buddies. I think I scared them with my apathetic approach to death. Not enough to demand a suicide watch. So that's good?

Work is at 11.30am tomorrow. I figure I'll get more-pissed while I watch Flashforward and Supernatural, and hopefully naturally conk out.

My friends think I should basically non-stop assault HGAW until she caves. They're right in the sense that I have given up hope there, but I don't find it easy to think they can possibly be more right than me when it comes to any decision with my life. Therefore I choose to sit back and watch it go one way, only for her to tell me she "really liked me at the time" in a few months.

Pah, becareful with hounding her, you could completely put her off you even as a friend, it requires tact!!

The past couple of days have been ok, yesterday I went to my class and luckily the work I'm doing is apprently on the right track - helpful. Ran to the house and jumped into my car to come home. Considering I was supposed to last week but couldn't because of my uni work.

Today I'm stuck at home while my car has a service, parents have gone out for a meal with friends, which sucks slightly, I've missed them alot. Too much almost and I'm itching to move back home. But that'd mean quitting uni and I just wouldn't.

Back to sunny old sheffield tomorrow..hmmf. Might meet up with a friend tomorrow, well guy friend tomorrow. :bouncy:

Lazy day again today. Want to go out and look for a hoodie. Kind of fed up of wearing a big jacket everywhere so wanted something casual-ish and for just slumming around the house in but haven't the foggiest of where to look. Also need to look for shoes of some kind as my current ones, although there are several, have a hole in the bottom. Really should refrain from skuffing them :santa:

Haven't decided whether to go out or not to go shopping. Just in that mood where you know you should go out but can't be bothered. For the time being, I'll just stick with some writing and some Borderlands.

Yesterday turned out to be pretty nice in the end, with the exception of a minor hitch.

Had two lectures in the morning, then headed to the union, bought yet another lever-arch file and got my calculator exam-worthy checked. So now that's out of the way I won't be queuing for hours come January whilst trying to get it done at the last minute. Then I got back, had some lunch and proper blitzed my room, it's like a show-room now, well worth the effort. Then I did a shit tonne of work, and was feeling particularly happy with myself.

Ended up going to Meadowhall in the evening with 4 friends, two of whom I went to college with who are at Sheff with me. We had these free meal vouchers for Chilango, this mexican restaurant so we thought we might as well check it out. It was really nice and was having a great time until one of said friends decided to bring up her drama from the previous year at college (she is probably the most neurotic, neediest person I've ever met, and she constantly made life difficult for me, and herself by acting so immaturely) and so she went off in a strop whilst again I get blamed for it. But I've stopped caring, I'm nearly 19 and as such, I'd like to think I'm above all that secondary school bollocks, so I left her to it.

On the way home ended up in a pub until 12 with two more friends and just generally had a nice evening, and was nice to catch up with them.

Today I've done half of my food shopping, only to have to go to Tesco later on to get everything apart from fruit and veg. Then I'm out with friends and Haggis later I think. Should be fun.

As for now I think I'll do some more work, just for the extra feeling-good-about-myself factor.

@nightwolf: I know how the homesickness feels, I had 5 years of it before I got to uni, and thought I'd be unaffected by it after that. But I do still want to go home every now and then. I'm going home next Friday though which should be nice. Just think, at least you can drive home pretty easily, mine's a 4 and a half hour journey!