NEurope

Well we are only going to see them for a bit of fun as they are in the area. Not as serious fans! It's not often we get big names here in North Wales.

Where!? When!?

Kind of embarrAsing, but seen: eminem, cyprus hill, xzibit, various other artists of similar genre.

want to see: Dir en Grey, coheed and cambria

:heart:

i really wish i saw Eminem live, but he cancelled his concert in MK due to his sleeping pill addictions *sigh*. Seems like you like similar music to me :grin:

ANyway, other than rappers, i would love to see Dragonforce and Stratovarius perform live; they rock.

i really wish i saw Eminem live, but he cancelled his concert in MK due to his sleeping pill addictions *sigh*. Seems like you like similar music to me :grin:

ANyway, other than rappers, i would love to see Dragonforce and Stratovarius perform live; they rock.

Haha, I saw him in MK too :D It was insane, 68,000 people in one area is damn scary for an 11 year old

I need to choose my two favourites songs, so we can put them on a CD to take to Malawi. The other 7 people in the group are choosing songs as well...

So far I'm thinking of Bohemian Rhapsody. Any other ideas?

I need to choose my two favourites songs, so we can put them on a CD to take to Malawi. The other 7 people in the group are choosing songs as well...

So far I'm thinking of Bohemian Rhapsody. Any other ideas?

what kind of music ?

Yeah, so what bands have you guys and girls seen live? Off the top of my head, I've seen:

Iron Maiden twice

Judas Priest

EdGuy

Dragonforce

STEVEN SEAGAL (He was awesome)

Scorpion

Madness twice

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (Including a huge tripod).

135443804_306b0cb336.jpg

I've only seen a few bands live.

I've been to party in the park, yeeeears ago. My brother won the tickets off the radio, so I went with him and some mates. Was really fun.

I've seen The Darkness, Ash and Do Me Bad Things at the CIA. I only went to see Ash, as I can't stand The Darkness. Was worth it.

Then, shortly after, I went to the CIA to see the Manic Street Preachers. Was utterly amazing.

The Departure were in support and they were pretty good, too.

Feeder, with the GLC in support, at the Brighton Centre. Also amazing. :D

Then, I saw the GLC again at a smaller venue, in Brighton again. In support was marv the martian and some other funny bloke, was well good.

The Flaming Lips, with Get Cape Wear Cape Fly in support. Great gig, and such an awesome atmosphere.

Muse, with the noisettes in support. Wasn't quite as good as I was expecting, and I felt that the atmosphere at the Flaming Lips gig was a million times better. The setlist was pretty fucked, too, but on the whole it was a great gig.

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. is brilliant.

Also the setlist for Muse at Sheffield was awesome.

Any.

Awesome music. I'm open to suggestions.

One Big Holiday by My Morning Jacket

not a well known song or band, but it's a damn good tune :)

Don't you just hate it when you hear a song you love, but you don't know what it's called?

About 5 years ago, I was watching Game Network, and they showed some Sonic Adventure 2 stuff with this song playing. I remember the lyrics "Come, here I come. How long 'til we come? blah blah Millenium girl" or something like that.

Anyone know what it's called? I'd kill men, women and children to hear it again.

I FOUND IT! I've wanted to hear this song for so long I was starting to think I'd never hear it, like Al in Married With Children.

Yeah, so what bands have you guys and girls seen live? Off the top of my head, I've seen:

Iron Maiden twice

Judas Priest

EdGuy

Dragonforce

STEVEN SEAGAL (He was awesome)

Scorpion

Madness twice

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (Including a huge tripod).

135443804_306b0cb336.jpg

Edguy and Df toured together :heh:. I might post later. Seen too many bands to remember.

Any.

Awesome music. I'm open to suggestions.

hm a bit odd but i personally like the oldees a lot more. So i'll say most songs by queen especially dont stop me now

survivor:eye of the tiger

eagles: Hotel california

again ill have to think a bit it really depends on what you like

I have seen:

The streets x3

Kano x 2

The mitchell brothers

Yeah yeah yeahs

the grates

giant drag

muse x2

placibo

victorian english gentlemens club

the young knives

bloc party

you say party! we say die!

au revoir simone

oh no ono

the spinto band

kate nash

air traffic

animal collective

and some others i dont remember.

My girlfriend likes My Chemical Romance...

i know, I know, she's stupid.

I have seen well over 100 bands live, so to save time I'll note my favoruite gigs:

Metallica 4 times, with a 5th this summer

Blur

The Mars Volta 3 times

Foo Fighters

REM

Sigur Ros

Tool

Mastodon 2 times

and I expect that The Melvins will be awesome in a few weeks time!

I I only went to see Ash, as I can't stand The Darkness. Was worth it.

I am better than that Hawkins cock.

Im not really a gig-going kinda person. Only go when people book it and someone cancels. So I've seen Porcupine Tree (who I'd never heard of and I wasn't in the mood for but hey ho), and Motion City Soundtrack (who we're alright, plus had decent support including OK GO)

I am better than that Hawkins cock.

You probably are. :D

To be fair, they did put on a good show. He was very talkative, and it was something of a spectacle. I didn't like the music, but they still get my respect for that.

doubtful since I'm listening to Television, one of the best bands to come out of the NY punk scene, just listen to Marquee Moon and you'll know what I mean :)

I havent seen many bands because nobody plays remotley close to here as a rule. However in chronological order I think :

King Adora - May 2001, Meh

Raging Speedhorn - June 2001 ish, they where shit.

Reel Big Fish (Billy Talent, Zebrahead) - Feb 2004, RBF where awesome live not really my thing though.

Jimmy Eat Word - Apr 2005, UBER they played for 2 hours solid my favourite gig.

Red Hot Chili Peppers (!!!, Dirty Pretty Things) - June 2006, Outdoors in the summer :awesome: Rocking to Californication as the sunsets > *

Going to Isle of Wight this summer though :bowdown:

I havent really seen anybody that I would consider in my top 20 at least favourite musicians though.

I have seen well over 100 bands live, so to save time

Im the same as you Tom. Gig whores :D

Anyway im not gonna post all of the gigs I have been to just some of my favourite gigs over these past few years:

Yeah yeah yeahs @ ATP festival (I was right at the front :))

The Subways @ Astoria

The entire Leeds festival 2005 (spent most of my time in the radio one/nme tent)

R.E.M @ Hyde Park

Oasis @ Astoria

The Good, The Bad and The Queen @ Wiltons Music Hall (tinest place ever)

The Fratellis @ Astoria

Pete Doherty solo @ Rhythm Factory

Noel Gallagher solo @ Koko

The Who @ Hyde park

Paul Weller @ The Roundhouse

Razorlight @ Camden Barfly (tiny gig)

Arctic Monkeys @ Brixton

Bloc Party @ Folkestone

Jarvis Cocker @ Astoria

The Killers @ Brixton

I have seen Oasis 5 times now, seen Bloc Party 4 times and Pete Doherty and his Babyshambles so many times I have lost count.

Did you watch any of the interesting stuff at ATP though? Or did you just stick with Yeah Yeah Yeah's fare?

I've seen Melt Banana, Sonic Youth, M83, Electrelane, Animal Collective, Devendra Banhart (when he was good), Stephen Malkmus, Erase Errata, Kaito, The Knife, Pixies, Wolf Eyes, Coachwhips, Bark Haze, Gang Of Four... and several others that I can't remember or am ashamed of seeing.

Did you watch any of the interesting stuff at ATP though? Or did you just stick with Yeah Yeah Yeah's fare?

I dont go to a music festival for just one band you know :heh: I watched shit loads over the 3 days. Ramblin' Jack was one of my highlights as was Devendra Banhart, The Drones, Liars, Hundred Eyes, TV On The Radio (who I have seen again since at Koko), Bat For Lashes, Hollygolighty, The Scientists and loads more I can't remember cos I was drunk for 3 days :bowdown: