NEurope

Everyone should give Explosions In The Sky a listen, awesome stuff.

my taste of music is quite diverse - doesnt stay within one genre!

muse, kasabian, snow patrol, smashmouth, 12 stones, madeline peryoux, bob dylan, lost prophets, maroon 5, kooks, killers, jimmy eat world, jamie cullum, the whole rat pack / ella fitzgerald thing.. older jazz like louis armstrong and jelly roll morton... fratellis and feeling and fall out boy ( dont hit me) editors, bon jovi, blink 182, zutons, white stripes, weezer, steven fretwell and paul weller

yeh

the knife are ridiculously shit hot. what do you have?

All their stuff, I have been in to them ever since they released "The Knife" but have recently become re-obsessed with "Silent Shout". Probably the finest album of the decade.

I'm liking the look of giveitaname lineup... mewithoutYou, Brand New, Senses Fail, alexisonfire, the used, mindless self indulgence, jimmy eat world, thursday, afi... it's really what Reading and Leeds ought to be like! Is anyone here going? I'm still trying to convince any solitary friend to go with me.

I say POST-ROCK.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Explosions In The Sky

Rachel's

Mono

Clogs

etc etc

To all the people saying they don't like indie... remember that true indie isn't Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists etc etc... that "Nu" indie. That's mostly shit. (There are exceptions... like Broken Social Scene and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs for example) True indie, the musicians that built indie... names like Pixies, dEUS, The Sea And Cake, Belle And Sebastian.

Indie was the rise of the underground... nowdays, indie has almost become a synonim for pop. It's shamefull.

All their stuff, I have been in to them ever since they released "The Knife" but have recently become re-obsessed with "Silent Shout". Probably the finest album of the decade.

Nice one :)

I need that self titled album I reckon, and I agree with you on Silent Shout. I'm officially naming 'we share our mothers health' the phattest, largest choon in recorded history.

First one to mention Country and Western catches a beating. Ahh phooey...

Neko Case.

Awesome awesome country band. "Hold On, Hold On" is fantastic.

i'm very fussy. i like a mixture of music but the best band ever are Queen. i'm big into 80's rock cause i love the syntheziser and play in my band.

I'm liking the look of giveitaname lineup... mewithoutYou, Brand New, Senses Fail, alexisonfire, the used, mindless self indulgence, jimmy eat world, thursday, afi... it's really what Reading and Leeds ought to be like! Is anyone here going? I'm still trying to convince any solitary friend to go with me.

The best band at Giveitaname is Enter Shikari and my mates going the bastard.

First one to mention Country and Western catches a beating. Ahh phooey...

Pfft Johnny Cash > 95% of the music thats been made in the last 25 years.

Everyone should give Explosions In The Sky a listen, awesome stuff.

I've seen them in concert, pretty great musicians. I haven;t picked up their new album yet - anygood?

They are also playing Manchester, but alas, I'm not in Manchester at the moment! Dammit! And they aren't playing in Hull either.. Dammit!

I've seen them in concert, pretty great musicians. I haven;t picked up their new album yet - anygood?

They are also playing Manchester, but alas, I'm not in Manchester at the moment! Dammit! And they aren't playing in Hull either.. Dammit!

so jealous! i love them, but they arent playing naywhere I can get to. Their new album is their best yet imo, I think it'll most likely be m album of the year, I just can't see what will beat it.

Post rock is great, it gets addictive. I find the more post rock i listen to the harder it is to listen to anything else, as post rock is so beautifull that the rest of music just sounds ugly.

My favourite bands are The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Queen and The Who, with David Bowie and Bruce Springsteen as my favourite solo artists! I love all music from the 1950s to present day, except for Dance and Rap.

I hate it when people sway there hands up in the air to some songs. It's so gay (not in a homosexual sense.. no disrespect)

I hate it when people sway there hands up in the air to some songs. It's so gay (not in a homosexual sense.. no disrespect)

Lol ye, I was at a Queen tribute gig in a theatre, and everybody did it to Bohemian Rhapsody. Ugh, I refused to do it, and everyone was sober like!

..why does everyone do it?

I remember a few years ago being out at this place called 'The Wash Basin' quite near where I live and it's a relatively small place where someone would come play music on a friday night and you could play pool, clod a few darts and whatever else.. but one night the swaying started for some reason..

I haven't been back there in ages! :laughing:

You'd totally do it if you were wasted, but if not, then you're just a t wat.

You'd totally do it if you were wasted, but if not, then you're just a t wat.

..The Wash Basin was a small Christian-run thing with no alcohol whatsoever..

..and I don't drink.. I'd sooner leave than join in with it : peace:

anyone in to Simian?

I thought bestiality was illegal within the UK...? :blank: