NEurope

Does anyone else think the 90s was a bit of a shit decade for music? It was all rightish, and so are the Noughties, but I gotta say I really love it when I hear some classic 80s or even 70s pop. Examples of some such awesome artists would be The Police, The Smiths, The Michael Jackson, UB40, brought alot of early rap, loads of stuff! Alot of Bob Marley's good stuff came out of the 70s and 80s too, I like Bob Marley.

Does anyone else think the 90s was a bit of a shit decade for music? It was all rightish, and so are the Noughties, but I gotta say I really love it when I hear some classic 80s or even 70s pop. Examples of some such awesome artists would be The Police, The Smiths, The Michael Jackson, UB40, brought alot of early rap, loads of stuff! Alot of Bob Marley's good stuff came out of the 70s and 80s too, I like Bob Marley.

Shit compared to the 80's certainly. 80's had Metal and cheesy electronica. Ya can't beat that. The noughties circa 06 have been fucking fantastic. Not for popular music, but for more underground acts, man there's been a shitload going on.

Still, in the Nineties there was the best work from:

Nirvana (only decent grunge band. Amazing infact.)

Emperor

In Flames

Deicide

Death

Iced Earth

Blind Guardian

RHCP

most of the good music, admittedly only really had cult followings at best, still it wasn't a really bad decade like the 60's *shudder*

60's at least had some classic beatles,bee gees etc. But yes 80's rules all. 90's annoyed me because i hated brit rock and also can't stand dance but looking back it is far far better than it is now.. fuck i really hate most music now

My music taste lies mainly in the 70's with Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin/Yes all at their greatest. Pink floyd in particular, just about all of the albums they produced in the 70's, are in my opinion fantastic :). Don't listen to much 90's music apart from Radiohead or Muse and I think so far 00's music has been very good with acts like Coldplay, Bloc Party, Radiohead, Muse, Snow Patrol. Accessibility of music has also obviously become so much easier this decade.

Most of my favourite bands where at there most active during the 90s:

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Foo Fighters

Rage Against The Machine

Nine Inch Nails

The Prodigy

Faithless

At The Drive-In

The Smashing Pumpkins

Primal Scream

Soundgarden

Weezer

The Beastie Boys

I could go on but basicaly the 90s rocked.

Another band I'm really into at the moment are The Hold Steady

really good band from the US, they got a fair bit of coverage in the music mags recently with the release of their newest album "Boys and Girls in America"

video for

Im a late nineties, early naughties person:

The Strokes, The Libertines, Hundred Reasons, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Charlatans, Linkin Park, Biffy Clyro, The Cooper Temple Clause, Feeder, Ash, Gomez, The Hives, Hot Hot Heat, Kings Of Leon, Nickelback, Queens of the Stone Age, Placebo

Shame most of these bands seem to be dying out at the moment...

anyone in to Simian?

I love justice's remix of their track "never be alone" called "we are your friends" (justice vs. simian).

Nirvana (only decent grunge band. Amazing infact.)

Actually, they were the worst one (excluding Pearl Jam, those guys are awful).

Have you ever heard of Alice In Chains or Soundgarden? Maybe one day you will understand why Dirt and Superunknown are each 100x better than Nevermind.

I love justice's remix of their track "never be alone" called "we are your friends" (justice vs. simian).

Actually, they were the worst one (excluding Pearl Jam, those guys are awful).

Have you ever heard of Alice In Chains or Soundgarden? Maybe one day you will understand why Dirt and Superunknown are each 100x better than Nevermind.

I too hate Pearl Jam, but I hate Alice In Chains more. Soundgarden are pretty decent. They just don't appeal to me as much though. Nothing compares to the raw emotion in some of Nirvanas songs. Genius. I don't usually go in for that kinda thing, it's not complex enough, but by god Nirvana are fantastic. Just a question: are you a musician?

Of all the bands in the 90´s Kyuss is my favorite.

Welcome To Sky Valley is just to awesome

Im a late nineties, early naughties person:

The Strokes, The Libertines, Hundred Reasons, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Charlatans, Linkin Park, Biffy Clyro, The Cooper Temple Clause, Feeder, Ash, Gomez, The Hives, Hot Hot Heat, Kings Of Leon, Nickelback, Queens of the Stone Age, Placebo

Shame most of these bands seem to be dying out at the moment...

So glad someone mentioned Biffy Clyro, although I haven't really been paying attention so it could possibly have been mentioned already.

Was having a talk with someone the other night completely out of our faces and they were adamant that Kings of Leon are completely balls whereas I think it is one of the better outfits in this day and age of trend followers.

Anybody got any opinions on Kings of Leon? Not my favourite band but still not shit.

So glad someone mentioned Biffy Clyro, although I haven't really been paying attention so it could possibly have been mentioned already.

Was having a talk with someone the other night completely out of our faces and they were adamant that Kings of Leon are completely balls whereas I think it is one of the better outfits in this day and age of trend followers.

Anybody got any opinions on Kings of Leon? Not my favourite band but still not shit.

I had already mentioned Biffy Clyro. Lads rock.

I had also mentioned Kings of Leon, own both albums, and their new song "On Call" is class.

I too hate Pearl Jam, but I hate Alice In Chains more. Soundgarden are pretty decent. They just don't appeal to me as much though. Nothing compares to the raw emotion in some of Nirvanas songs. Genius. I don't usually go in for that kinda thing, it's not complex enough, but by god Nirvana are fantastic. Just a question: are you a musician?

No, I'm not. :D Why do you ask?

(in raw emotion... alice in chains > nirvana). :yay:

Of all the bands in the 90´s Kyuss is my favorite.

Welcome To Sky Valley is just to awesome

Any of their 3 albums. But yeah, Welcome To The Sky Valley is their best. ...And The Circus Leaves Town is almost as good.... almost.

Doesn't anyone listen from anything for the 60's. The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Velvet Underground are three bands/performers up amongst the best ever. Beatles, Kinks, Animals and Marvin Gaye were also all good, amongst others.

I'll also add, for other decades:

50's: Rat Pack, Elvis

70's: Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Queen

80's: Michael Jackson, Beasties Boys to some extent (Not a fantastic decade imo)

90's: The Verve, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Blur

00's: Kings of Leon, Gorrilaz are also pretty good

No, I'm not. :D Why do you ask?

Because you're not allowed an opinion on music unless you're a musician....

...sorry, I'll leave now...

:heh:

My favourite album ever is Origin of Symmetry and my favourite song is Citizen Erased.

Anyone agree?

I had already mentioned Biffy Clyro. Lads rock.

I had also mentioned Kings of Leon, own both albums, and their new song "On Call" is class.

agree Biffy rock, Kings of Leon rock :)

seeing them both in the next couple of months, KoL at the end of april and biffy in June

Because you're not allowed an opinion on music unless you're a musician....

...sorry, I'll leave now...

He speaks the truth! :heh:

He speaks the truth! :heh:

Just not when it comes to music though, eh!