NEurope

Revolutions Per Minute... I agree, excellent album! Hell, even Black Masks and Gasoline alone is worth the full price of the album... However "Siren Song..." is just awfull.

That's a bit harsh, siren song has some quality songs, such as Paper Wings, Swing Life Away, Anywhere But Here...

There are still tickets left for Rise Against's concert in london on the 12/5... You wanna go Zell?

EDIT: Oh poo...no tickets left (unless we go to leeds, norwich or cardiff...).

I was going to go but we have a chemistry exam on the 15th, and I have a physics exam on the 16th :(

"I don't usually go for chart pop, BUT I really like that "How to Save a Life" song by the Fray."

You need to pay attention to Shorty's big but.

I saw Shorty's 'but', it was the 'don't' i missed

I miss words when im tired...

Ah so Rise Against got a mention... I actually really like that band. Their old stuff is (as with most bands) the best, 1000 Good Intentions is still a great track. When it comes to punk though, I was mostly into the Clash, old AFI, old NOFX, Strike Anywhere, Leftover Crack, US Bombs, Kill Your Idols, Nerve Agents, Bad Religion. I used to be into that kinda stuffs. Now I'm into anything that falls under the class of 'music'.

You need to pay attention to Shorty's big but.
And I've been working out so much :(

That's a bit harsh, siren song has some quality songs, such as Paper Wings, Swing Life Away, Anywhere But Here...

Some quality songs it may have... but Swig life away is not one of them, surely.

Since someone started the "punk" topic... I shall give my contribution:

Satanic Surfers! (They're swedish, if you consider yourself a punk fan and have not heard of them... I suggest you kill yourself! Hero Of Our Time is my favourite punk album of all time.)

The Exploited!

Black Flag on Damaged! (although they might be considered hardcore)

Hot Water Music!

Dropkick Murphys!

Strike Anywhere on Change Is A Sound

Rise Against on Revolutions Per Minute...

And so on... But hell, Satanic Surfers are teh w1n!

I was at Hackney Empire last night for the Libertines reunion.... when Carlos joined Pete on stage it was amazing... They play about 13 songs. Loved it so much.

So glad I was part of that history seen as I have followed pete and carl for years!

My friend capture some videos on his camera if any other libs fans wanted to check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/jwelambert

Rise Against are so underrated. I recommend anyone Revolutions Per Minute and Siren Song of the Counter Culture.

Rise Against used to be amazing. Rev was an amazing album, Siren was alright. However..

I personally thought 'The sufferer and The Witness' was a brilliant album, in fact probably better than Rev. Per Minute.

..that's a lie! The few tracks I heard on MySpace (which are meant to be the best off the album) were dire.

I saw them live w/ Alexisonfire (which I thought were awful and walked out of :heh:) and RA were pretty awesome. Its a shame they did some gigging with My Romantic Chemicals, shows how bad their last album was really..

Ah so Rise Against got a mention... I actually really like that band. Their old stuff is (as with most bands) the best, 1000 Good Intentions is still a great track. When it comes to punk though, I was mostly into the Clash, old AFI, old NOFX, Strike Anywhere, Leftover Crack, US Bombs, Kill Your Idols, Nerve Agents, Bad Religion. I used to be into that kinda stuffs. Now I'm into anything that falls under the class of 'music'.

And I've been working out so much :(

Clash - amazing. Old NOFX are also incredible - its a good job they tend to do a lot of their older stuff live, I think they're playing this summer Shorty..

Strike Anywhere were awesome when I saw them a few months ago, simply great! Leftover Crack are awesome too, album wise, and live (even did some Choking Victim songs). Infact.. the rest of those bands are pretty awesome too. Didn't know you had such good taste ;)

Some quality songs it may have... but Swig life away is not one of them, surely.

Since someone started the "punk" topic... I shall give my contribution:

Satanic Surfers! (They're swedish, if you consider yourself a punk fan and have not heard of them... I suggest you kill yourself! Hero Of Our Time is my favourite punk album of all time.)

The Exploited!

Black Flag on Damaged! (although they might be considered hardcore)

Hot Water Music!

Dropkick Murphys!

DKM and Hot Water are pretty fun to listen to. Not the best bands out there, but they're worth a listen now and again.

Currently, I'm enjoying some Black Sabbath, Elvis and The Who. What a varied mix.

I would just like to say: Interpol > everyone single one of you guys. :heh:

Except maybe Flackbox.

Can anyone recommend me any similar bands?

I've just discovered a band called The Red Threads.

Unfortunately, LimeWire doesn't have anything by them on it.

How odd.

I would just like to say: Interpol > everyone single one of you guys. :heh:

Except maybe Flackbox.

Can anyone recommend me any similar bands?

Longwave?

Maybe. I dunno. Haven't listened to Interpol in a while and hey they both featured on VM?

Plus I was on their myspace listening to No Direction. Wish they would release that.

Edited by Ashley

Listening to a new QOTSA song, it won't be on Era Vulgaris, but the song's called Era Vulgaris. It'll probably be a B-side on the new single. It's fucking awesome, and if it's anything like the new album, I will cream my pants explosively.

Get the new QOTSA song

Apparently it's legal!:

dscf4435hn8.jpg

dscf4437ir5.jpg

A few QOTSA fans got a package in the mail with this note and the song. The note says it's alright so share the song over the interweb!

Was just at a party and had a conversation about music...

it's a sad day when My Chemical Romance are more popular than Rise Against...:(

Can anyone recommend me some bands like Muse, Funeral For A Friend, Incubus? I need some new music :D

Can anyone recommend me some bands like Muse, Funeral For A Friend, Incubus? I need some new music :D

Well, you're asking for three different genres fused into one, my friend...

No, what I mean was, any bands like Muse, any bands like FFaF, any bands like Incubus :)

Just was wondering if anyone listened to any of them, and if they also listened to any bands like them :p

Just got Bright eyes new album. I like it :)

yeah i've been hearing good things about it. Might download it if I hear some good tracks from it. What tracks you think are the best?

Also, I just realised this morning how much less i listen to rap music compared to before. I've always enjoyed most types of music, but probably listened to rap the most. Recently however, i've noticed that the only current rap artists that i like are kanye west (who's too mainstream. I'm completely fine with that but being mainstream for too long means you music takes a tumble after a while) and The Game (who's so under rated it's stupid).

Whereas before rap would be about 50% of what I listened to it, it's started to become a lot less. Infact, i've spent the last few days just listening to Linkin Park and Relient K, aswell as some Rise Against.

I reckon in about 10 years time there will be NO good new rap artists...seriously.

Was just at a party and had a conversation about music...

it's a sad day when My Chemical Romance are more popular than Rise Against...:(

It's a sad day when My Chemical Romance are more popular than anyone. People really will buy anything if it's the "in" thing.

[uneducated tard]Muse are like Radiohead[/uneducated tard]

That's not "undeducated"... muse are indeed very similar to radiohead, even in terms of composition. One could say that Origin Of Symmetry is the second coming of OK Computer.

Bah. I've been listeng to Lamb of God all day. Ain't nothing that compares to "As The Palaces Burn."

;416174"]Longwave?

Maybe. I dunno. Haven't listened to Interpol in a while and hey they both featured on VM?

Plus I was on their myspace listening to No Direction. Wish they would release that.

woah another Longwave fan?

No Direction is a really good song, I think they are busy recording their new album which probably again won't get released in the UK

quality, quality band who deserve more attention than they've got

oh and for Flinky, The Editors are similar to Interpol (but nowhere near as good)

My friends played som Hadouken song....

My ears bled.