NEurope

Some music these days is an insult to everything music represents. You should go out and collect some hits compilations of The Beatles, The Smiths, The Clash, The Police, Led Zeppelin and the odd pop group, like 10cc.

That's music in my eyes. ;)

I like your style new member! But get some Beatles albums, not just compilations.

Best song of 2007, :D

Some music these days is an insult to everything music represents. You should go out and collect some hits compilations of The Beatles, The Smiths, The Clash, The Police, Led Zeppelin and the odd pop group, like 10cc.

Compilations are sin...

Revolver is their best. I reckon so anyway.

New Bjork is brilliant. Utterly wicked :)

oh yeah, totally. But I'd say Revolver is the best album to buy for the new comers or, in fact, any human being with functioning ears.

Compilations? Compilations by those artists usually carry their "worst of". Buy the albums, for christ's sake.

And you should know, even nowdays, there are many bands as good as the ones you mentioned. You just have to look hard for them.

And about the beatles... revolver is great, but Sgt. Pepper is just too perfect. I say revolver is nº2! :D

Sgt. Pepper is too much a period piece. Revolver is the more listenable choice.

I am a HUGE Beatles fan and a HUGE fan of all their solo work, but I just don't like Revolver at all. No idea why, I only like 4/5 songs on it. I agree with hobbzinio list, but I would personally replace Revolver with Abbey Road.

In other news, it's Sgt Pepper's 40th anniversy next month, and modern bands like Kooks, Killers and Razorlight are recording a new release of the album. Will be intresting to hear.....

In other news, it's Sgt Pepper's 40th anniversy next month, and modern bands like Kooks, Killers and Razorlight are recording a new release of the album. Will be intresting to hear.....

ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!

Its funny because I like those three bands a lot more than the Beatles.

ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!

Despite not having heard the album, this was my reaction as well. I hate covers, even if they sound good theres something about them I just don't like. Not heard so much of The Beatles, but I detest The Kooks ><.

ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!

I agree... =(

Its funny because I like those three bands a lot more than the Beatles.

Yes, you do suck ass.

Beatles are awesome.

Also: I get to go see Heaven and Hell, Lamb of God and Iced Earth in November! :D...

Volta is a brilliant album. anyone not in agreement is a deviant and must be punished at the stake.

I've been listening to 'The Game' recently...he's so bloody awesome. 'Too Much' is one of the best songs i've heard in a long time!

On another note, I've got back into The Offspring. Americana is a fantastic album.

the game as in the rapper?

Yeah, and imo the best rapper in the world atm. I love the way he disses 50cent; everyone knows he's shit lol. The Game's music is just so good, and songs like 'Too Much', 'Dreams' and 'put you on the game' kinda show me why he is EASILY the best rapper atm.

I wish there were more rap likers out there...

I love music! From alternative hip-hop (Nujabes, Brand New Heavies, Pharcyde) to romantic and modern classical (Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Ides, Ligeti) and everything in between (jazz, rock, world, it's all great). It's amazing how many amazingly varied sounds can be created from just 12 measly notes. I'm not a big fan of pop in general (it feels a little hollow and emotionless... too commercialized), but it doesn't bother me if it's on. I could never hate music, I just have certain preferences.

Also, the trumpet is the best instrument.

Yeah, and imo the best rapper in the world atm. I love the way he disses 50cent; everyone knows he's shit lol. The Game's music is just so good, and songs like 'Too Much', 'Dreams' and 'put you on the game' kinda show me why he is EASILY the best rapper atm.

I wish there were more rap likers out there...

Rap is good, when it's done right. The game is just crap. I can't even begin to understand how someone can claim to like rap after claiming the game is the best rapper in the world.

Rap is good, when it's done right. The game is just crap. I can't even begin to understand how someone can claim to like rap after claiming the game is the best rapper in the world.

wt....The Game is awesome; his music is so much better than all that 50 Cent shit (not trying to say you like 50..but if you do *sigh*). His sophomore album 'Doctors Advocate' is awesome, and its even more impressive considering 50 and Dre weren't involved in it.

Him, Nas and Immortal Technique are the 3 best rapper Imo. I like the way Nas and Game diss 50 too, because it's a disgrace how big 50 cent is. I mean, the fact that he is more popular than Nas is a bloody joke. Atleast Nas knows that he has more respect from hip/hop fans though...

wt....The Game is awesome; his music is so much better than all that 50 Cent shit (not trying to say you like 50..but if you do *sigh*). His sophomore album 'Doctors Advocate' is awesome, and its even more impressive considering 50 and Dre weren't involved in it.

Him, Nas and Immortal Technique are the 3 best rapper Imo. I like the way Nas and Game diss 50 too, because it's a disgrace how big 50 cent is. I mean, the fact that he is more popular than Nas is a bloody joke. Atleast Nas knows that he has more respect from hip/hop fans though...

Oh my god... how closed is your mind.

Have you ever listened to Jedi Mind Tricks? Jurassic 5? Necro?

Seriously, you can't call yourself a rap fan and then say you listen to "The Game" or "Nas"... they are the ones that screwed up the whole genre. Apart form his first album, Nas has only fucked things up, and I'm not even gonna start with The Game.

You know what "is a bloody joke"? The fact either if those four artists (Nas, The Game, Immortal Technique, 50 Cent) get any recognition at all. They all contributed to the ruin of hip-hop/rap!

My brother made me listen to an awful lot of rap music - and a lot of it was really great. Jurrassic 5, some Nas, Diamond D, Big L, Wu Tang and the such. I always get annoyed at people who dis rap, when they have no idea about it! I know I don't have any clue either, but at least I don't judge the genre because of a few artists who are huge (50 cent, etc).

Anyway, lately - for about the past 2 weeks - I'll I've been listening to is hellogoodbye. I am pretty sure no one here will like them at all. But if anyone does - who else is similar to them? I can't find anyone that is anywhere near as good as them. They either sound to electro-y, or too poppy.

Oh my god... how closed is your mind.

Have you ever listened to Jedi Mind Tricks? Jurassic 5? Necro?

Seriously, you can't call yourself a rap fan and then say you listen to "The Game" or "Nas"... they are the ones that screwed up the whole genre. Apart form his first album, Nas has only fucked things up, and I'm not even gonna start with The Game.

You know what "is a bloody joke"? The fact either if those four artists (Nas, The Game, Immortal Technique, 50 Cent) get any recognition at all. They all contributed to the ruin of hip-hop/rap!

I like both Jurassic 5 and necro...

I don't get why you don't like the Game. Most people would agree that he is 'the rebirth of hip hop' (like he says in Put You On The Game). His style is great, he comes of with great lyrics and it's great to see someone bring something new to the plate (like how Dre did with Chronic all those years ago).

Also, Immortal Technique barely gets any recognition, seriously. You have to be like a hardcore rap fan to even listen to his music. It pisses me off that people barely listen to him, because some of his songs (Point of No Return, Dance with the Devil) are truly awesome, but he'll never become truly frecognised :(

In what way did Game and Nas contribute to the ruin of hip/hop.

Anyway, lately - for about the past 2 weeks - I'll I've been listening to is hellogoodbye. I am pretty sure no one here will like them at all. But if anyone does - who else is similar to them? I can't find anyone that is anywhere near as good as them. They either sound to electro-y, or too poppy.

May I suggest Shiny Toy Guns they are so much better than hellogoodbye although hellogoodbye aren't that bad.

Also too electro-y or too poppy? hellogoodbye are very very electro-y and are also pretty poppy.

Exactly. When rap/hip-hop started to do that childish gangsta rivalry thing music's almost lost a genre.

Jurassic 5 is awesome for a hip-hop group.

I've been listening to 'The Game' recently...he's so bloody awesome. 'Too Much' is one of the best songs i've heard in a long time!

On another note, I've got back into The Offspring. Americana is a fantastic album.

Oh yes, Americana is great, not quite as good as either Ixnay or Smash though. They went downhill with Conspiracy and (especially) Splinter though.