NEurope

Also, Immortal Technique barely gets any recognition, seriously. You have to be like a hardcore rap fan to even listen to his music. It pisses me off that people barely listen to him, because some of his songs (Point of No Return, Dance with the Devil) are truly awesome, but he'll never become truly frecognised :(

I know about Immortal Technique but im in no way a hardcore hip hop fan.

I know about Immortal Technique but im in no way a hardcore hip hop fan.

yeah but most of his music is only really listened to by rap fanatics. I mean you listen to his music and you can tell he's not mainstream at all (thank god).

I don't get why you don't like the Game. Most people would agree that he is 'the rebirth of hip hop' (like he says in Put You On The Game). His style is great, he comes of with great lyrics and it's great to see someone bring something new to the plate (like how Dre did with Chronic all those years ago).

According to what standards?

In what way did they ruin rap and hip-hop? Well, I need only say that they created this so-called "rap" we hear nowdays. Fast food rap. It's sorta like what korn did with metal.

Been listening to a lot of David Bowie the last couple of days.

i had no idea he was so good.

Joy Division are fucking amazing
Man Joy Division, that brings back memories, ancient memories of Transmission and She's Lost Control, which helped me through depressing times. And when I say "helped me through", I mean "made me even more depressed". Flink putting "Love Will Tear us Apart" on repeat in his darkest moments won't have helped his spiral into unhappiness.

Joy Division were a miserable, miserable band. Brilliant and talented, yes. Disturbing and morbid, definitely. It's not surprising the "dance-like-he's-actually-just-being-electrocuted" Ian Curtis ended his own life only a couple of years older than I am now. Pick-me-up music is where it's at!

Lately, I've hung up my metal, punk, indie and emo shoes and stripey socks for some old school ska punk and very new school j-pop and j-rock (Hamasaki Ayumi, FLOW, Nobodyknows, YUI, anyone?) These days I'd rather have the music countering the hard times than accelerating them :)

Yes, Joy Division are a bit of a miserablist band, but I still enjoy listening to them. Sometimes for a bit of a contrast and to counter act the depression they bring I like to follow up Unknown Pleasures with The Go! Team or some Grandmaster Flash. It's a total mood swing.

According to what standards?

In what way did they ruin rap and hip-hop? Well, I need only say that they created this so-called "rap" we hear nowdays. Fast food rap. It's sorta like what korn did with metal.

yeah i can understand what you mean by that. The best rap music was the early 90's stuff, especially Gang Starr (my favourite rap group). God, they were so damn good! it's a shame to think that rap is going downhill; while it's nice to see people liking game (like me) and kanye West making it more mainsteam, it's sad to think that the music nowadays is only a shadow of what it used to be :(

Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight - Yay!

Finally released :D

OH dear.

On a brighter note Gallows are pretty fucking good might go see them at Leadmill.

Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight - Yay!

Finally released :D

It's awful to start off with, but after a week, it's kinda grown on me.

The next Guns N' Roses album is going to be fantastic.

The next Guns N' Roses album is going to be fantastic.

It doesn't exist.

Also: Currently, I've been revisiting some golden oldies in the form of Jester Race/ Black Ash Inheritance, man In Flames are awesome beyond words.

It doesn't exist.

Also: Currently, I've been revisiting some golden oldies in the form of Jester Race/ Black Ash Inheritance, man In Flames are awesome beyond words.

Jester Race is just too perfect for words.

It doesn't exist.

I have 5 finished tracks from the album, plus a studio recording (but with no added effects and remastering of the sound) of another. It exists, and the recording of the album has finished.

you're right i don't but i was looking at it more from artistic...er ya great...What is it?

It's a Joy Division cover. The Grey stuff is the last recorded light signature from a dying star or something.

moral of the story: Listen to more 1977 Post Punk

Danny D, recommend me some good JD (lolz) songs plz.

Wrap your ears around Disorder, Transmission, Atmosphere, Shadowplay, She's Lost Control and the ever boner inducing Love Will Tear Us Apart.

It's a Joy Division cover. The Grey stuff is the last recorded light signature from a dying star or something.

moral of the story: Listen to more 1977 Post Punk

Wrap your ears around Disorder, Transmission, Atmosphere, Shadowplay, She's Lost Control and the ever boner inducing Love Will Tear Us Apart.

I think I prefer Transmission to Love Will Tear Us Apart.