NEurope

Hmm how about...

Highway Star by Deep Purple

Switching parts. :p

The best part of that is the irony of the lyrics. "They will not force us, they will stop degrading us, they will not control us, we will be victorious" :laughing:

So I'm trying to come up with the ultimate rock anthem driving playlist, aka Dean Winchester from Supernatural. So far i've got:-

1. Don't Stop Believin - Journey

2. More Than a Feeling - Boston

3. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake

4. Carry on My Wayward Son - Kansas

5. Back in Black - ACDC

Suggestions please.

Jessica by the Allman Brothers Band.

Can't think of any more.

So I'm trying to come up with the ultimate rock anthem driving playlist, aka Dean Winchester from Supernatural. So far i've got:-

5. Back in Black - ACDC

Suggestions please.

Is it completely Winchesteresque (ie 'classical' rock) because I think Wolfmother would be good driving music (I presume as I don't actually drive) but obviously its new.

Is it completely Winchesteresque (ie 'classical' rock) because I think Wolfmother would be good driving music (I presume as I don't actually drive) but obviously its new.

If Dean wouldn't approve, the shit ain't goin down.

I listened to Two Suns by Bat For Lashes and... it isn't a patch on Horse And I Imo... :/ no other B4L song can touch Trophy in terms of quality, for me anyway...

'Heaven is a feeling I get, in your arms

Absolutely lovely... :heart:

Although I never thought they'd pull it off, Placebo just did a cover of "Hardly Wait", from her album, "4-track demo's" for their new single:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I was very surprised. I knew Brian Molko was a longtime Polly fan but still; he seems to have captured every essense of Polly from this era and "Rid of Me"'d it up in the chorus. I like hearing him trying to emulate her voice too, works strangely well I think. :)

Oh and as a musician I've always wanted to cover one, but always felt I'd never do it justice. Any suggestions of a song to try and cover?

Although I never thought they'd pull it off, Placebo just did a cover of "Hardly Wait", from her album, "4-track demo's" for their new single:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I was very surprised. I knew Brian Molko was a longtime Polly fan but still; he seems to have captured every essense of Polly from this era and "Rid of Me"'d it up in the chorus. I like hearing him trying to emulate her voice too, works strangely well I think. :)

Oh and as a musician I've always wanted to cover one, but always felt I'd never do it justice. Any suggestions of a song to try and cover?

Hardly Wait is by PJ Harvey for those not it the know (you left that bit out ;P).

I heard the cover the other day, as gonna post it here ,but forgot. It was nice, but then I'm also not a fan of covers that are direct "copies". Though I enjoyed it. I prefer Juliette Lewis' version though.

Oops. That's cos I originally posted it on a PJ Harvey forum lol. Haven't heard that other version, will have a go later,

Beating hearts bayyybeeeeeeeee. I love it. Reminds me of the rock club I used to go to in Bournemouth, they'd play it every single night I was there. :D

5. Back in Black - ACDC

Suggestions please.

Led Zeppelin - Ramble On is one I know fits, anyway. There's a quote where dean can't decide which song is his favourite - that or Robert Johnson-Traveling Riverside Blues.

I'm fairly sure they had wolfmother in season 4 - it's definitely a Deadesque sound, considering they sound a bit like Led Zepp :P

Here's a Supernatural music guide for the first 3 seasons that might give you help...

I decided to give Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos its first listen in portable form today... it was absolute audible amazingness from start to finish. :heart:

Turn It Up by Pixie Lott arrived today - it was £5 and I was curious so... ::shrug: - giving it a listen now and so far it's well-paced Pop, enjoyable though not incredible, all I expected from it really, it's quite satisfying in places though I don't expect long-term appeal from it. :heh:

I am so addicted. I love. Can't believe she won't be releasing "Puching Out" (BRILLIANT second single) now that she's joined the Sugababes and replaced Keisha. DAMN THEM.

I am so addicted. I love. Can't believe she won't be releasing "Puching Out" (BRILLIANT second single) now that she's joined the Sugababes and replaced Keisha. DAMN THEM.

HUH?!

Oh wow. So effectively, The Sugababes technically no longer exist. Makes sense. If I were Keisha, I wouldn't want to be associated with Get Sexy either.

HUH?!

Oh wow. So effectively, The Sugababes technically no longer exist. Makes sense. If I were Keisha, I wouldn't want to be associated with Get Sexy either.

There was more in-fighting, and supposedly even though Keisha tried to sort it out, the other two forced her out because it wasn't working. Definitely wasn't the record company considering they say they're fully supporting any solo career she goes ahead with.

They've already re-recorded the new album, so there's no delay. Anyway, the Sugababes always were and always will be Keisha, Mutya and Heidi.

There was more in-fighting, and supposedly even though Keisha tried to sort it out, the other two forced her out because it wasn't working. Definitely wasn't the record company considering they say they're fully supporting any solo career she goes ahead with.

They've already re-recorded the new album, so there's no delay. Anyway, the Sugababes always were and always will be Keisha, Mutya and Heidi.

Although, they were pretty decent when they first started, with Siobhan.

Basically, Mutya Buena made them mildly interesting, for a girl band. Then she left and they became crap.

I'm in awe of Regina Spektor and Florence + The Machine. Amazing music. Favorites from Regina being "Us", "Fidelity", "Hero" and "Samson" and from Florence being "Girl With One Eye", "Dog Days Are Over", "Drumming Song" and "Rabbit Heart".

Love. Can anyone recommend anyone like Regina?

--

I heard Run This Town a few times over the past few days, and it's made me giggle so much. Jay Z just raps a little and then for the rest of the song just goes...

SUP!

...every few seconds. I'm in awe of his musical talent.

Edited by Slaggis

Favorites from Regina being "Us", "Fidelity", "Hero" and "Samson"

*awaits the ZOMG Regina can do so much better comments*

Hopefully those comments will be able to be more use than me :heh:. Although I do really love Fidelity.

In other news. Gave Mika's new album a whirl. Nothing really stuck to me the way I (think I) remember the first doing. Strangely I like Mika because he's a bit of harmless fun, but my favourite song from the first album is still Any Other World.

I'm in awe of Regina Spektor and Florence + The Machine. Amazing music. Favorites from Regina being "Us", "Fidelity", "Hero" and "Samson" and from Florence being "Girl With One Eye", "Dog Days Are Over", "Drumming Song" and "Rabbit Heart".

Love. Can anyone recommend anyone like Regina?

*agrees with all of this*

Go check out some Yael Naim - start with new soul. And then Cat Power... her cover of Wonderwall is pretty amaze

I personally can't stand Fidelity by Regina. All the singles from that album just bore me now. On The Radio, Fidelity and Better. Plus Samson is done better on Songs. The rest of Begin To Hope is fine.

I hate Far the most though, as an album.

Backspacer by Pearl Jam is pretty damn good, not a patch on Ten but still, decent :) I don't actually have it in CD form yet... got it as an album download on Rock Band and it's awesome to sing along to, needless to say I've ordered the actual album now though.

Also, had a random urge for Nirvana and so am now listening to them, its been a little while but Nevermind... :heh: