NEurope

You talking about offensive or boring, Dan Dare?

You don't like? :(

What, lord no!

I meant they're amazing. You know: 'I'm listening to Pearl Jam and, really, so should you!'

I feel I've sown great confusion. I hope Odders reads far enough to get to this reply after you rapscallions have slandered my reputation. There's a danger he'll declare a Mormon Fatwa in a rage and that'll be the end of me!

What, lord no!

I meant they're amazing. You know: 'I'm listening to Pearl Jam and, really, so should you!'

I feel I've sown great confusion. I hope Odders reads far enough to get to this reply after you rapscallions have slandered my reputation. There's a danger he'll declare a Mormon Fatwa in a rage and that'll be the end of me!

It came directly after the "what can be more offensive than ReZ?" postssss. You suck for not reading up. Read UP!

You don't like? :(

Also, somebody mentioned The Smashing Pumpkins the other day. You win at life! I was listening to Bullet with Butterfly Wings earlier, and then I just hooked back in the mood so listened to another dozen or so of their songs.

thanks. seriously one of the best bands of the 90s who produced 2 of the best records of the 90s

one of the most spectacular, beautiful songs i have ever heard...

I need to get this. They're amazing! Seen them once and it was such an awesome experience. :)

its streaming at http://www.colbertnation.com/home (on the left)

i suggest listening to it when you will be able to give it your full attention. its a great ALBUM - a lot of the songs dont work so well on their own. its like one huge musical collage

Edited by or else you will DIE

La Roux smiles in t/her new video. (I'm Not Your Toy)

Since it's a topic that comes up a lot. Actually a lovely video too, really self-contained and nice. Not much happens, but better than her previous ones.

---

In other news, Revolver by Madonna and Little Wayne. I should hate it. Pretty derivative in sound, the electro-pop stuff, but it's the catchiest thing I've ever heard. I like the lyrics. Sounds like another song I know, but can't place it. But love it atm. Against all odds.

My love's a revolver

My sex is a killer

Do you wanna die happy?

Do you wanna die happy?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the baddest of them all? :p

Edited by Paj!

I listened to the remastered version of their first album and I like it a lot.

Pearl Jam are indeed awesome, Ten in particular is an excellent album... :)

Evvvvven Flooow, thoughts arrive like butterfliiiiies,

oh he don't knoooow, so he chases them away yeah,

ohhh some day yettt, he'll begin his life agaaaain,

oh whispering hands, they lead him awaaaay,

him awaaaay, him awaaaaaaaaaay

:D

---------------------------------

I spent last night / this morning on a beach with my brother / friends and a good deal of music was listened to during this time, on the way there a bit of Superunknown by Soundgarden which is a solid and enjoyable album... then on the beach round a fire as we were cooking Lamb burgers someone requested Rabbit Heart (Raise it up!) which I found stupidly appropriate given some of the lyrics in the song :p anyway Florence + The Machine continued to be played until the portable speakers we were using decided to die a death - they do this from time to time, will get a more reliable pair.

We had tents but I knew I wouldn't get any sleep so I just listened to YS by Joanna Newsom which was another thoroughly enjoyable listen, plus combined with the calmness of the ocean inbetween each track just made it even more blissful... there was still much time to pass however and so I finally got around to giving Horse And I by Bat For Lashes a fair trial and lets just say it exceeded my expectations. :heh:

On the journey back more Soundgarden and some Muse and now I'm just sitting back and enjoying Dry by PJ Harvey once more. :heart:

Yellow bird flying

Gets shot in the wing

Good year for hunters

And christmas parties.

And I hate

And I hate

And I hate

Elevator music, the way we fight, the way I'm left here silent.

These little earthquakes...here we go again. Doesn't take much to rip us into pieces.

spotify:track:5t8QqBovcI6PMuYF8LGPB8

Yellow bird flying

Gets shot in the wing

Good year for hunters

And christmas parties.

And I hate

And I hate

And I hate

Elevator music, the way we fight, the way I'm left here silent.

These little earthquakes...here we go again. Doesn't take much to rip us into pieces.

spotify:track:5t8QqBovcI6PMuYF8LGPB8

I love it.

Those are stunning lyrics? Wow, imma need a new word to describe what I consider stunning then as they sound like a babelfish translation.

Those are stunning lyrics? Wow, imma need a new word to describe what I consider stunning then as they sound like a babelfish translation.

I'm pretty sure he meant the song that I linked to.

--

I hope everyone is thinking about what songs they're gonna choose for Music Warz 2. However, I'm gonna make people agree to take part in the majority of matches they can, or their choices will be removed from the competition, or if they just vote on a single match, it won't count or something. To make it more fair. Obviously if there's a good reason for not taking part after agreeing to, that's fine. [/sounds like a teacher]

thanks. seriously one of the best bands of the 90s who produced 2 of the best records of the 90s

one of the most spectacular, beautiful songs i have ever heard...

Whatever floats your boat.

Mellon Collie is not one of the best albums of the 90s though. There are too many bad songs. The lyrics and vocals van be very cringe-worthy and it doesn't inspire it's original concept (the cycle of day and night).

While Mellon Collie has some pretty great songs it simply isn't a consistent album and therefore can not be objectively seen as one of the best albums of the 90s.

Siamese Dream on the other hand is definitely well up there.

Edited by McMad

Switching parts. :p

Muse :)

Glenn Beck supports individual gun ownership rights, and is against gun control legislation. Glenn Beck has suggested that Obama's health care reform agenda is a means by which he can effect reparations for slavery.

He also has expressed concerns over the compassion of hospital staff after an outpatient procedure to remove a hemorrhoid went awry.

Beck believes that there is a lack of evidence that human activity is the main cause of global warming, promoted a petition rejecting the Kyoto Protocol, and considers the American Clean Energy and Security Act to be a form of wealth redistribution.

Edited by Dante

Finally got round to giving The Resistance a full listen today. I liked it, Uprising and The Resistance are definitely right choices for singles, Guiding Light and Unnatural Selection wouldn't be bad either. A lot was made of the 3 final songs on the album, like some 15 minute space opera or something. I enjoyed it, though i'd probably prefer if they were just pure instrumentals, without any lyrics.

Definitely a good album in my eyes, and im sure it will get better after a few more listens.

Definitely a good album in my eyes, and im sure it will get better after a few more listens.

It gets a lot better, particularly after the third listen and even better after that :D good to see more people giving it a fair trial. :)

Possibly my favourite Portishead song. It has close competition in The Rip and Cowboys though.

Edit: I can't believe I'm hearing someone praise The Resistance lyrics. They are the most hideous, annoying lyrics I have ever heard (what I have heard of the album anyway, I'm guessing the rest of the lyrics share a similar theme)

Edited by ipaul

Switching parts. :p

Muse :)

I already posted the first vid in the "funny videos" thread earlier, 'tis pure awesomeness though! It pretty much made my day! :grin:

Seen the second one before, but it's still hilarious! Glenn Beck is a douche...

Possibly my favourite Portishead song. It has close competition in The Rip and Cowboys though.

Edit: I can't believe I'm hearing someone praise The Resistance lyrics. They are the most hideous, annoying lyrics I have ever heard (what I have heard of the album anyway, I'm guessing the rest of the lyrics share a similar theme)

Excellent song by Portishead there... :)

And no actually, the rest of the lyrics aren't comparable to what's been released thus far as singles, there are much better lyrics within the album and it's well worth a listen.

Excellent song by Portishead there... :)

And no actually, the rest of the lyrics aren't comparable to what's been released thus far as singles, there are much better lyrics within the album and it's well worth a listen.

They have to be much better to warrant any praise. But I shall listen when I get the chance. On the subject of lyrics, Hot Chip's write some amazing stuff.

Also been listening to a lot of Pink Floyd again recently, in particular the song Dogs:

Well, managed to get myself and some mates tickets for the upcoming Rammstein tour in February! Can't bloody wait!!! :grin: Damn' Expensive though....

Speaking of which, anyone here looking forward to thier new album?

So I'm trying to come up with the ultimate rock anthem driving playlist, aka Dean Winchester from Supernatural. So far i've got:-

1. Don't Stop Believin - Journey

2. More Than a Feeling - Boston

3. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake

4. Carry on My Wayward Son - Kansas

5. Back in Black - ACDC

Suggestions please.