NEurope

Actually, I've found Backspacer to be a great album. We've had it playing in store at HMV and I've really enjoyed it. Perhaps I need to give Pearl Jam more of a chance.

begin to hope sucks. far is quite good. her first 3 albums are the best.

artists like regina spektor? someone here once posted about Brooke Waggoner who i found to be great. not really LIKE regina, but..

I was in an indecisive mood as for what to listen to today, as I was flicking through albums I accidentally clicked play and so I ended up listening to Lungs by Florence + The Machine again, it was yet another excellent listening.

Also in other news, I managed to win a copy of The Milk-Eyed Mender by the vocally stunning Joanna Newsom for around a fiver on eBay - it's £12 or something on Play - and it turns out that the seller refunded my payment because the CD wasn't in as good condition as he'd described - probably still fine - but he said he'd send me the CD anyway, probably one of the best albums I've ever got for free. :D

Speaking of songs from my Youth, Been listening to this all day. It's weird to think how many years ago I first heard it, and how different my life was back then. Still love it just as much now, if not more.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Listening to the new Paramore album. :o They've posted it on their official site for the very, very, very small collection of people on here that listen to them.

Only found out a little while ago so I'm slowly working my way through them. Album opener 'Careful' sounds much better without the singing as the lyrics don't seem to fit the actual song. Anyway, looking forward to getting it on Monday.

Oh, and I'm contemplating getting Pearl Jam's new album. Dno't have any of their previous ones but is it recommended or should I buy the older ones first.

Oh, and I'm contemplating getting Pearl Jam's new album. Dno't have any of their previous ones but is it recommended or should I buy the older ones first.

Thanks for the heads up GP giving the new Paramore album a listen now :) and RE: Pearl Jam I would say at least get Ten because it's quality, it's the only album from them that I own - until Backspacer arrives - actually I technically own both albums twice, once in CD form and once in RockBand form. :D

begin to hope sucks. far is quite good. her first 3 albums are the best.

artists like regina spektor? someone here once posted about Brooke Waggoner who i found to be great. not really LIKE regina, but..

That was me!

I dunno. I felt some of the energy/vitality on her first 3 is in Begin To Hope in some of the songs, but in Far, ti all sounds ironed-out and plished, but she sounds a bit...bored. Probably because of the production. The bridges in the songs are usually the most interesting parts of the song, like Human Of The Year and Dance Anthem.

Backspacer is a quality album. Not heard much of Ten. Might give new Paramore album a listen. Milk Eyed Mender is wank.

I think that sums up my thoughts on the previous few posts :heh:

Milk Eyed Mender is wank.

But... have you even heard it?

Yeah he listened to bits of it. (IRC) Ages ago.

Plus I even agree that her voice grates on some tracks. Doesn't make the songs bad.

In any case, YS is 100 million zillion times different and better.

Fair enough then... either way I reckon I'll enjoy it mostly but obv not in the same way as YS because that album is so beautiful that it's almost beyond words. :heart:

But yes, I admit I'm curious to hear what her shorter tracks sound like and seeing that I've got the CD on its way to me for free now I really can't complain. :)

Yeah, I've listened to the whole album. It's on my PC :heh: And I really cannot stand it at all. It remains unchecked on my iTunes. To tell the truth I don't know why I still have it on my system.

Have you listened to YS? i'd highly recommend it. :)

After listening to Milk-Eyed Mender I wouldn't want to touch Newsom again personally. Can't describe how much I disliked that album :heh:

so, like, yeah. Been on a serious Soundgarden dependency this week. Something about Grunge really clicks with me- particularly when Chris Cornell was involved. It's a shame he's now really shit because his older material (when he was working with other musicians being a crucial factor) he really wrote some spectacular music.

so, like, yeah. Been on a serious Soundgarden dependency this week. Something about Grunge really clicks with me- particularly when Chris Cornell was involved. It's a shame he's now really shit because his older material (when he was working with other musicians being a crucial factor) he really wrote some spectacular music.

Grunge was my youth. I wanted to be Kurt Cobain a bit much. I'm over that now, but the music I still love. Soundgarden were good, but bar Superunknown their albums were generally worse than their contemporaries (the first two albums sound especially dated).

Evidence of grunge love: Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots tees. I was so awesome back in the day.

n645308743_1179656_6053.jpg

n645308743_1179654_5477.jpg

Grunge was my youth. I wanted to be Kurt Cobain a bit much. I'm over that now, but the music I still love. Soundgarden were good, but bar Superunknown their albums were generally worse than their contemporaries (the first two albums sound especially dated).

Evidence of grunge love: Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots tees. I was so awesome back in the day.

n645308743_1179656_6053.jpg

n645308743_1179654_5477.jpg

Loving the glasses!

Urgh, I need to find some likeminded music friends at uni!! I've already missed The Temper Trap, and probably will miss Bombay Bicyle club tomorrow, then Pulled apart by horses on sunday... godamn! And Hadouken clashes with my english intro party, bah! Too much good music!

You gotta go see Hadouken. They're great live, the atmosphere is immense :D

Yeah I know, saw em at Reading last year, they were the nuts. Awesomely both are happening at different clubs in the union so I think I'll go to my english party for a bit, pop over and see Hadouken, then pop back to my english buddies. Sorted. Good thing I don't mind going to gigs on my own...

Edit: just found out temper trap have been rescheduled. And only 6 squids. Winwinwin

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Dan you are crazy. Tempure Trap?!?! Bombay?!?! Hadouken I like but don't really mind (sorry Dyson :))? Can't believe you're missing out on seeing them all! I don't like Pulled apart but I thought I would say that I'm seeing them along with Biffy Clyro and Manchester Orchestra in November :)

Dan you are crazy. Tempure Trap?!?! Bombay?!?! Hadouken I like but don't really mind (sorry Dyson :))? Can't believe you're missing out on seeing them all! I don't like Pulled apart but I thought I would say that I'm seeing them along with Biffy Clyro and Manchester Orchestra in November :)

There's actually still hope for all 3... if I find anyone tomorrow to go with then im sorted, or if they have tickets on the door then even better. And Temper Trap apparently was postphoned so it's all gravey ^.^ Still, if I saw every good band that came to Leeds Id probably have to give up on buying food or summat. Ahh and Simian Mobile Disco are playing sat, though I've already seen em...

And MO Pulled Apart and Biffy sounds like an awesome gig, im jealous! Biffy are awesome live. Although sayign that, think their playing Leeds too :P