NEurope

Regina Spektor stuck out for me on that album, should look into a few more of her songs, reminds me a bit of Kate Bush I think.

But all female vocalists (that are good and slightly weird) remind people of Kate Bush.

But it's great, because Kate Bush was human of the year in 1986.

That's great but I actually meant Kate Nash.

No idea how I got that lady? Not sure I knew she existed although her name sounds familiar. Were you being serious?

Also does anyone know a old song, about a rainbow or cloud maybe. Female singer, video is her under a waterfall I think?

But all female vocalists (that are good and slightly weird) remind people of Kate Bush.

But it's great, because Kate Bush was human of the year in 1986.

This is true, I was actually checking out her page on Wikipedia earlier because there was a particular track by Tori where she sounded very much like Kate Bush in parts and I got to thinking if there might be any rumblings about a new album on the horizon, it has been a few years since the sublime Aerial afterall.

But I found out that she actually supplied vocals for the credits of The Golden Compass film :o I was totally unaware of this, I would go and buy the OST but alas it's just the one song that's on it by her, I may try and see if it's on Spotify. :)

Oh shi... you didn't just confuse Kate Bush with Kate Nash did you? Ah this is a sad day indeed... :sad:

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

Oh. :blank:

No idea how I got that lady? Not sure I knew she existed although her name sounds familiar. Were you being serious?

Kate Bush is one of the most influential female artists ever. Basically, she created the idea that you can be weird, and still be good.

You must have heard Wuthering Heights, and Hounds Of Love, and Running Up That Hill.

Also does anyone know a old song, about a rainbow or cloud maybe. Female singer, video is her under a waterfall I think?

Kate does Cloudbusting. That's about a cloud (vaguely)? I've never seen the video (although it's supposed to be famously good)

Yep. What of it?

To be fair, Kate Nash sounds like Regina Spektor.

I now know why I mixed her name up, was talking to my dad about that exact song, Wuthering Heights!

Edited by Ellmeister

They finally released the "Fan version" (same video, just with Fans dancing rather than professionals, and it has Lourdes in) of the video. Goes so much better with the tone of the song, i.e celebrating her career. Lourdes looks so much like she used too when dressed in the Like A Virgin outfit.

I've slowly grown to love the remix of the song they use in the videos.

It's like mixing up Jimi Hendrix with Jimmy, the guitarist from Hard-Fi.

Except Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy the guitarist from Hard-Fi do not share a very similar name, with only two letters difference.

And Ellmeister is from Essex so...enough said.

They finally released the "Fan version" (same video, just with Fans dancing rather than professionals, and it has Lourdes in) of the video. Goes so much better with the tone of the song, i.e celebrating her career. Lourdes looks so much like she used too when dressed in the Like A Virgin outfit.

I'm so upset Madonna has sunk to such low lows.

Don't go dissin' on Trent. The Slip was released under a creative commons license so you could legally download it "anonymously" from any torrent source (or any other type of download) that was out there, and there were many.

They made their money the same way as the Pumpkins will by the look of it - a limited edition set of expensive hard copies for the hardcore fans.

Settle down now, I wasn't dissing merely noting that if you get it off the website they want an email.

I love Telepathe. So much.

I love how they're the anti-matter universe counterparts of Tegan and Sara.

They have the Crime Syndicate TA.

Revolver feat. Little Wayne leaked today/last night btw.

Madonna really needs to do something interesting again.

Also, I don't get how anyone can like the album version of Celebration over the video/single mix? It sounds like the music in the original is from a different song to the vocals, and sounds disgusting and dated. I hate it in most forms anyway.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

Not as good as Everlong.

:heh:

Not as good as Everlong.

:heh:

Apples and Oranges.

I prefer So Fine, because the vocals don't seem wrong, and you can dance to it.

And I've met Telepathe, and they signed my Golden Lion book.

Get Sexy by Sugababes is THE single most offensive song I've ever heard. It is...such a piece of whoring rip-off crap that it makes me sick. Everything is ripped from another song, not even just following trends in production, but actually taken from another song, obviously, it whores itself out to the drunk club-goers in it's "lyrics" and Argh is awful is every conceivable way.

And I'm pretty forgiving with pop songs.

Except Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy the guitarist from Hard-Fi do not share a very similar name, with only two letters difference.

And Ellmeister is from Essex so...enough said.

Cheers for pointing that out. Appreciated.

Cheers for pointing that out. Appreciated.

Anything for you : peace:

Get Sexy by Sugababes is THE single most offensive song I've ever heard. It is...such a piece of whoring rip-off crap that it makes me sick. Everything is ripped from another song, not even just following trends in production, but actually taken from another song, obviously, it whores itself out to the drunk club-goers in it's "lyrics" and Argh is awful is every conceivable way.

And I'm pretty forgiving with pop songs.

No I'm sorry you are wrong because nothing, nothing, can be more offensive than this:

WHAT THE HELL WERE DAFT PUNK THINKING?!?

No I'm sorry you are wrong because nothing, nothing, can be more offensive than this:

Have you met ReZ? :wtf:

Pearl Jam

Nuff Said.

You don't like? :(

Also, somebody mentioned The Smashing Pumpkins the other day. You win at life! I was listening to Bullet with Butterfly Wings earlier, and then I just hooked back in the mood so listened to another dozen or so of their songs.

The Flaming Lips' new album is great. has such an amazing flow.

I need to get this. They're amazing! Seen them once and it was such an awesome experience. :)