NEurope

I only like Louise because she is SMOKING HOT! The Sugababes are munters compared to her!

"Naked"? Fucking please! :hehe:

Such a lie. Since she looks so ordinary compared to everyone else in the music industry I've ever laid upon. You obviously sit at home wanking over such classics as 2Faced and her cover of Stuck In The Middle.

I've already dealt.

--

Music I got for my birthday.

My dad always gives me albums that will only further my musical education. We share such similar taste it's scary, except he's been alive for 32 more years than me, so has a life. From him I got;

The Clash - The Essentials

Donna Summer - The Dance Collection

The Slits - Cut

B-52's - Time Capsule

Bangles - Greatest Hits

My mum got my the best fo Jeff Buckley, which feels somewhat random considering I already have Grace, and he basically had one album then died, but we'll see when I get around to it. I also asked for

The Unthanks - Here's The Tender Coming

And got it.

--

I loved how at the pre-drinks thing tonight, we were saying how stunning France's music was to my french friend, saying how she has Justice and Daft Punk (she said something like "Oh you have artist x from here!"). And then I added "And Camille!", to which she responded by singing Ta Douleur too well, with the girl hosting the thing's boyfriend accompanying, despite being neither asked nor french.

Edited by Paj!

I loved how random/awesome that video/song was. :)

so Simian last night! Boooosh! Was a proper sick gig. They do all their sequencing and such live so there's a kind of loose, freeform structure to their songs live that's more like a DJ mix. It's all on analog equipment, too, so the sound is really warm and imperfect. Brilliant performers.

so Simian last night! Boooosh! Was a proper sick gig. They do all their sequencing and such live so there's a kind of loose, freeform structure to their songs live that's more like a DJ mix. It's all on analog equipment, too, so the sound is really warm and imperfect. Brilliant performers.

Did they play a decent mix from both their main albums? For instance Audacity of Huge and Sleep Deprivation must have been played... I bet both of those tracks sounded excellent live. :)

I love their new album. heard nothing apart from that, excluding their remixes of other people.

I NEED ONE MORE PERSON FOR MUSIC WARZ 2. I've paired up all the songs, but need someone to fill out the last 3 songs. PLZ PLZ.

I love their new album. heard nothing apart from that, excluding their remixes of other people.

I NEED ONE MORE PERSON FOR MUSIC WARZ 2. I've paired up all the songs, but need someone to fill out the last 3 songs. PLZ PLZ.

If there are no takers after a few hours, why don't 3 people who have allready nominated just pick an extra song? hardly fair but at least it'd get things moving :heh: hopefully someone will step-up who hasn't nom'd yet though and put three forward. :)

Edited by S.C.G

I'm going to go see Bat For Lashes again! Sorry Oxford Pub Crawl, I'll miss you.

------------

Just finished listening to the little playlist Chair made for me. Apart from the St.Vincent song, I loved it. I especially adored the remix of American Life and Imogen Heaps "Earth".

You didn't like St. Vincent? I love the bit where the stunning guitar bit comes in towards the end. Admittedly the start sounds like a cut song from a 1980s musical, but I still love it.

I love Together by Avril Lavigne. So much. Just the fact she has mastered the two voices screaming trick.

In case anyone is wondering this is the playlist I made for him:

American Life (Headcleanr Rock Remix) - Madonna

Earth - Imogen Heap

Together - Avril Lavigne

Heartbeat - Annie

The Strangers - St. Vincent

Give - Tori Amos

Rich Woman - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

With Every Heartbeat - Robyn

Fountain - PJ Harvey

---------

I loved Sugababes when they were good. Shape (Of My Heart) and Freak Like Me are so so solid.

And Overload is one of the most great songs.

If you still need someone, I will try and find some songs to post in there. Just give me a bit, as I have to find some songs that haven't been selected yet etc. =P

Just got a ticket for tonight :D Should really be reading or something like that but fuck it...

Did they play a decent mix from both their main albums? For instance Audacity of Huge and Sleep Deprivation must have been played... I bet both of those tracks sounded excellent live. :)

Those two tracks rocked. Everyone went beserk for Audacity. 100,000 Horses was another blinder- it descended in to what can only be described as sonic brain terrorism before dropping ala The Grand Canyon in to the final section. Brilliant

Just got a ticket for tonight :D Should really be reading or something like that but fuck it...

lol books. Enjoy it!

Lily Allen Deletes Pro-Copyright Blog and Ends Career

Yesterday it was revealed that, despite her calls for tougher anti-piracy legislation, Lily Allen herself created illicit mixtapes full of copyrighted music and made them available to the public. Today, after having rationalized why it is okay for her to pirate music, she killed her pro-copyright blog because “the abuse was getting too much.”

In a few dozen articles on her new blog, Lily Allen complained how illegal file-sharing is bankrupting the music industry. Unfortunately for her she forgot to remove some of her old mixtapes from LilyAllenMusic.com, which revealed that she’s not the saint she claimed to be.

However, just a few hours after we posted the article, Lily explained that she’s not a pirate but simply didn’t know any better.

“I made those mixtapes 5 years ago, I didn’t have a knowledge of the workings of the music industry back then…,” she responded.

What she probably meant to say is that she had no clue about copyright before her income depended on it. Yet, she believes that every other person on this planet should know better, or get their Internet access cut off. Way to go girl.

In fact, the old Lily from 5 years ago is not too different from the hundreds and thousands of casual file-sharers today. Copyright is a complex issue and the boundaries between right/wrong and illegal/legal are not always that clear. Instead of waging a war against file-sharers on the blog she could have tried to pass her knowledge about copyright on to the public.

She chose to make it a soundboard for frustrated artists instead, which only resulted in negative reactions from the public up to a point where Lily couldn’t take it anymore. Indeed, TorrentFreak read one posting on the site which had in excess of 100 comments – only 4 of which supported the singer’s position.

“I’ve shut down the blog, the abuse was getting too much,” she explained on Twitter a few minutes after she announced the end of her legendary music career.

Just before she pulled the blog she wrote “I will not make another record,” adding “The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I’m concerned, so I don’t stand to profit from [anti-piracy] legislation.”

There are a lot of lessons to be learned from the debate Lily inflamed over the last week. While there seemed to be an endless stream of rich musicians willing to complain on behalf of bands we’ve never heard of with “we aren’t suffering, they are” statements, there were also huge numbers of music fans who were more than a little reluctant to be lectured by well-off superstars on the issue.

But most prominent were those vehemently opposed to UK plans to disconnect alleged infringers from the Internet. The abuse that Lily spoke of on her blog largely wasn’t directed at her, but at these plans and her support for them. Think again Mr Mandelson.

Lily Allen Changes Tune, Now Wants To Throttle Pirates

After Lily Allen sparked friction between not only thousands of people on the Internet, but also her colleagues in the Featured Artists Coalition (FAC), yesterday they met up to try and forge a united front. Now Allen has done a U-turn, stating that disconnecting pirates is too draconian and instead supports FAC calls to slow connections to a crawl.

There can hardly be a reader who hasn’t read about the raging debate sparked by Lily Allen and her now-defunct anti-piracy blog/campaign. It has been quite the hot topic this week.

Up until yesterday, Lily was one of the most prominent supporters of a proposed 3 strikes regime to deal with alleged file-sharers – crucially one which would ultimately lead to disconnection from the Internet for those accused. However, this put her at odds with the Featured Artists Coalition (FAC) who felt that disconnections are too draconian.

Yesterday, despite saying that she would not attend due to a feared media scrum, Allen attended a meeting in London of around 100 musicians including representatives from FAC in order to find some common ground to move forward.

The artists took a vote and instead of backing up Allen’s disconnection calls, went for a more palatable option – maintaining a basic level of Internet access for alleged pirates but throttling their bandwidth so that file-sharing would become impractical.

“Our meeting voted to support a three-strike sanction on those who persistently download illegal files, to consist of a warning letter, a stronger warning letter, and a final sanction of the restriction of the infringers’ bandwith to a level which would render file-sharing of media files impractical while leaving basic e-mail and web access functional,” said the artists.

Lily Allen closed down her anti-piracy blog yesterday after just a few days in operation, claiming that the abuse she suffered there was too great to continue. Nevertheless, despite the fact she has backed away, the artists said they wished to express support for her anti-piracy campaign.

“We are trying to find a proportionate response to a real problem that is damaging our industry. I hope it will convince the record labels that this is a way of sending a message to file-sharers,” said Billy Bragg of FAC.

With Lily’s crowd, the Featured Artists Coalition and also UK Music likely to support throttling instead of disconnections, there appears to be a unified voice forming from the artists.

However, while we predict that Internet users will fail to respond to threats (even reduced ones such as throttling), there will be even stronger objections to the stance taken by the artists yesterday from the Big Four labels.

Having ruled out going after individual file-sharers in court, they have put all of their eggs in a single basket which relies on ISPs taking disconnection action against alleged pirates. It is hugely unlikely that they will support these watered-down proposals but we won’t have to wait long to find out. According to The Times, the labels will meet this morning and are expected to draft a letter to Lord Mandelson shortly.

Edited by Dante

I don't mind Lily Allen but I'd hardly call her music career "legendary".

Well Simian were pretty good, as to be expected. Didn't think they were as great as they were in London a couple months back. But then I was way too pissed this time round. Audacity of Huge was the highlight.

Anyone heard of The Big Pink? They're pretty stunning, touring next month aswell

EDIT: Oh yeah and this is pretty cool :P

Edited by dan-likes-trees

man, the first time I saw Simian I was pissed out of my tree. It made the whole thing rather splendid :D

Fuck. Teeth by Lisa Hannigan is a great song, and I never realised.

Wow... she has an incredible voice, 'tis a shame the audio in that YT vid wasn't that great but still, awesome. :)

Three Days Grace - The Good Life

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The only song I've listened to from their new album. This song effing rocks.

Lisa Hannigan is really good. Most famous for being the female voice in that famous Damien Rice song. She was nominated for the Mercury this year, which leads to my next point...

Here's The Tender Coming by The Unthanks (formerly Rachel Unthank & The Winterset, nominated for the Mercury in 2008) could very well be one of the best albums of the year. It's some of the most beautiful, atmospheric, emotive music I've ever heard, and while this record is less bleak than the last, there's still a god deal of death, injustice and a few suicides. However, there's one clunker of a track that references Freddie Mercury, and so ruins the feel of the album (most of their stuff is adapted from traditional songs from a century plus ago). A wonderful kind of "folk" (horrible label to give it, sounds almost twee and crap), from Newcastle and around there, sung and played amazingly.

(from their previous album, The Bairns)

Besides listening to the new Paramore album today, I've just come across this song by Within Temptation featuring Chris Jones:

I really like it. Very quaint and just a pleasant song to listen to.

Saw The Phantom Band on Wednesday, fucking amazing band, you can check them out on Spotify

and a nice bit of Trivia for you comic book fans, their first single artwork was done by Frank Quitely :)

New track from her "The Singles Collection" album out in November.

Britney singing about threesomes with biblical references thrown in. Total club track, hopefully it's a sign that she'll be heading back to Blackouts style rather than Circus'.