NEurope

New Tegan and Sara album tracks played live!

I'm so excited for the album!

Sweeet, I'm mainly posting this to remind myself to listen tomorrow when sober and not knackered.

Hadouken - great fun live. Weirdly finished at like 11ish, we went half 9 and missed a couple of songs :S meh. Biggest whirlpool I've ever seen though. Sweet as. Good night.

Avril Lavigne is my biggest guilty pleasure ever.

Most of her first 2 albums is great.

I love the entirety of both. Though I adore Contagious (easily the best track on the album), One Of Those Girls, Everything Back But You and Girlfriend on The Best Damn Thing too.

So who listens to Music podcasts? I'm listening to The Guardian's edition and it's very good. They've always covered music- particularly pop music- very well. It's like a good version of Radio :p

I hate listening to songs on my computer that I don't own. Like Spotify, useful, but makes me itchy, knowing that I don't own what I'm listening to. So I don't listen to music podcasts. But ANYTHING is better than radio.

Radio is shit.

I hate listening to songs on my computer that I don't own. Like Spotify, useful, but makes me itchy, knowing that I don't own what I'm listening to. So I don't listen to music podcasts. But ANYTHING is better than radio.

Radio is shit.

I used to feel like that... well, I still do. Much prefer to have a CD but can't afford it.... then I like having the MP3s but my mac died and I lost everything. Can't be assed to put it all back on so it's spotify all the way now

Spotify seems to fall short so much for me. A lot of the stuff I want to look for, they don't have.

Radio is shit.

Not entirely true. Late night 6Music has, frequently, thrust new sounds down my ears with commendable professionalism, infectious enthusiasm and alarming regularity. I recommend it heartily.

On Spotify's shortfalls: Yes. They're weak on Dance and Jazz particularly. I'm sure metal heads would confirm similar gaps in the database.

elsewhere, they're weirdly schitzo ono coverage. They have both albums by the not famous Longpigs, but erstwhile guitarist Richard Hawley has less than half his material available.

They are, however, bang up on two of my favourite bands: Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky- both of whom are comprehensively available in full to such an extent that it fills me with love and understanding for all Man.

Paj and Chair will be delighted to know that the same is true of Tori Amos. I even listened to some.

Paj and Chair will be delighted to know that the same is true of Tori Amos. I even listened to some.

That's true actually. I have all her main stuff anyway, but they have all the countless official bootlegs that I'm too poor to have so that's a bonus.

Wow, I had no idea Spotify went back to invite only recently in the UK. I was wondering why my friend couldn't register.

Finally they added the ability to pay with PayPal.

As for Spotify having gaps, they added just over 110,000 tracks in the last week alone so they're making good progress on it all.

No idea and I wouldn't know where to find out tbh. I suspect with the new iPhone app (and other mobile apps) and the added features for premium users they're getting there. I could be wrong though. I'd be interested to know.

I think they're wanting to launch in America before the end of the year is out as well.

Methinks there's something going on between La Roux and Hadouken..

10fpca0.jpg

As seen on H!'s Twitter :heh:

Wow, I had no idea Spotify went back to invite only recently in the UK. I was wondering why my friend couldn't register.

Finally they added the ability to pay with PayPal.

As for Spotify having gaps, they added just over 110,000 tracks in the last week alone so they're making good progress on it all.

This is true. For all the complaints there's no doubt they have an amazing system in place to fill the gaps ASAP.

Alright, little help needed!

CD WOW are doing a bundle offer where you can get three CDs/DVDs for £15. There's some good stuff in there I think. So far it seems I'm going for Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream and Air - Talkie Walkie.

But I can't decide on what third album to get, so I need some information to help me pick. Right now it's between these albums:

Air - Virgin Suicides

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

Little Boots - Hands

I don't really know too many songs (or any) on these albums, so don't really know which one would be best to get. Or if I should get two of those and only one of the ones I originally planned on getting. =P

Hmm I think if you're getting Talkie Walkie you won't really need to get the Virgin Suicides right now. Its a great album, but variety neh?

I'd personally say Hands because its fun and upbeat but I'd imagine everyone else will say Radiohead.

Hands is a brilliant, fun album that you will no doubt listen two a lot for a week or two, after that though maybe more scarcely...

Hail To The Thief is an excellent album that you'll maybe play once and then come back to it every now and then, but you'll probably get more out of it in the long run...

So it just depends what kind of album you are after, hope this helps. :)

I have to say Hands pretty much died on me after the first listen.

I just got Spotify premium for a month to see what it's like and so far it's pretty ace.

I have to say Hands pretty much died on me after the first listen.

Not for me, I liked it on first listen, liked it more upon second listen, loved it by the third time, played it a good few times over a week or two annnnnd now hardly ever... :/

I agree that it does have a longevity issue but it's fun while it lasts. :)

I still come back to it (or Genius or Shuffle does) from time to time and enjoy it. It didn't really live up to the masses of hype/anticipation it had but still, fun to dance to :p

I still come back to it (or Genius or Shuffle does) from time to time and enjoy it. It didn't really live up to the masses of hype/anticipation it had but still, fun to dance to :p

Exactly, and that's why it's a great, fun, little album. :)

Laughing With by Regina Spektor, whilst one of the most simple songs she's ever written, is so powerful. It makes me really sad.

The fact that it's so to the point. And isn't preachy - she's just pointing out hypocrisy.

Regina Spektor does my head in. I'm not really sure what it is about her. Maybe it's that she sounds like she thinks she could sing a shopping list and somehow make it 'magical'.

Maybe it's that she sounds like she thinks she could sing a shopping list and somehow make it 'magical'.

That's one of the reasons why she's great.