N-Europe

Have you become addicted to commenting in the news from the main site?

Amon

Yes, as you've probably noticed in the main site, one has the possibility to comment on the news, and for those that are even more observant, you'd noticed me commenting almost on every news bite from the main site this week. Now, I also observed many with sick amount of comments.

So, my question for commentators is: Do you feel you're overly obsessed with giving your opinion out to every newsbite possible or do you have a more relaxed, laidback attitude towards commenting, only resorting to comment if you feel there's a slight misinformation from the news and/or from the comments?

And, then I got some questions for observers/readers only: Do you feel that the comment feature is a benefit for the news-readers, or do they tend to be overly filled with fanboyish bashing of ideas and/or other annoyances?

Lastly, I'd like to ask the mods/adms if I should have searched for something less spesific as "Have you become addicted to commenting in the news?" in order for me to check if there is anything similar to this thread already? If there is a similar thread already, could someone with extra-ordinarie forum power move this to post to that thread?

I was a checker of the main site for a long time before I joined or even looked at the forums, it was a good site for news I thought, and started commenting when they brought comments into effect this time round(I understand it was possible before then disabled). However, I don't think I'm compulsive, I comment on stuff that interests me, I guess it doesn't seem very compulsive to me in contrast to my forum habits.

Guest Stefkov

Think I made a comment account, then didnt find the email for a while, found it in the junk box. Tried to log on but then it just left a blank screen so I havnt been back since.

Only times I ever went on the main site was when I didnt have Opera and was in college.

I usually have a quick look at the main-site before entering the forum.

Before I joined the (then) CE Forum I used to post in the comments section quite a bit but I felt it only consisted of fanboy and the opposite (someone called "Trisha"). That and the lack of a quote button were the main reasons I joined the forum and since I'm still here I have made the right choice.

Not overly, however I do go to the main site before coming into the forums. Back in the day I used to read the comments but never really posted too much. I found it amusing to watch that Trisha doll capering and getting people annoyed, and lol Commander SP as well. Twas funny.

Anyway, I have an account now for the comments since theyve been brought back, but it doesnt seem like theyre used as much, most people seem to come into the forums now and vent in here.