Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally nonplussed by a TP remake, so don't mind if it's on 3DS.

Be nice if they gave some focus to the WiiU though...;)

You mean like the dozen first party games coming out this year? The 3DS barely has anything apart from Majora's Mask and Codename Steam.

You mean like the dozen first party games coming out this year? The 3DS barely has anything apart from Majora's Mask and Codename Steam.

From the Gaf thread about the 3DS having a good year...

Citizens of Earth

Gunman Clive 2 )

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Ironfall: Invasion

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

Story of Seasons

Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Fossil Fighters: Frontiers

Etrian Mystery Dungeon

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

SMT Devil Survivor 2: Break Record

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

Puzzles and Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros Edition

SteamWorld Heist

They are due during the first half of the year. There's also these that should make their way over here this year.

Youkai Watch

Bravely Second

Mighty Number 9

Treasurenauts

Etrian Odyssey V

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2

Attack on Titans: Last Wings of Mankind

Yeah, the 3DS is fine.

Yeah, the 3DS is fine.

Yeh.. fine for some, but perhaps not all of us :heh: I only really see Majora's Mask making its way into my collection from those lists with no real desire attached to any of the rest of the games..

..but I'm fine with that! I reckon I'm now at a stage in my life where I suspect 5 or 6 top quality games per year will be more than enough to keep me satisfied :smile:

Considering Majora's Mask is just about to be released on 3DS, though, a Twilight Princess remake would certainly be preferable on Wii U, particularly given just how good Wind Waker HD was :hehe:

It's definitely a game I've been considering playing through again, mainly due to not really remembering the qualities the game possesses and being left with a lingering taste of dissatisfaction..

I can see them doing it for New3DS, but I don't actually think that Twilight Princess is a good fit for a handheld at all.

The cutscenes are far too long and far too numerous (even OoT was pushing it for me and that is nowhere near as cutscene heavy as TP). The dungeons are also by far the largest in the series and way, way too long to beat in any sort of realistic handheld sitting. The save system is also not particularly handheld friendly as each area is very large and you always get sent back to the start of each one (oh God! imagine trying to get through each massive dungeon when you have only short amounts of time to play!)

The side quests are also big time sinks in comparison to the rest of the series and require a lot of time investment (with many of them not really being suitable for short play sessions either).

The entire game's pacing is also slow as it is. People complain about things taking too long to get going when playing on a console, for a handheld? It would be utterly glacial!

Look at how much they've changed MM in order to make it more palletable for handheld play. Imagine what they'd have to do to make TP playable in bite sized chunks! :o

I would prefer to see it on the Wii U. I still find the 3DS screen to small for a lot of gaming (which is why im not getting Monster Hunter 4). I did just buy Twilight Princess again for the Wii to finally play through but I would love to be able to stop with that and play a version without motion controls.

From the Gaf thread about the 3DS having a good year...

They are due during the first half of the year. There's also these that should make their way over here this year.

Yeah, the 3DS is fine.

Is this what they call....IRonnie?

:awesome:

I would prefer to see it on the Wii U. I still find the 3DS screen to small for a lot of gaming (which is why im not getting Monster Hunter 4). I did just buy Twilight Princess again for the Wii to finally play through but I would love to be able to stop with that and play a version without motion controls.

It also came out on the Gamecube, so there is non-motion controlled version, which will also play on your Wii!

It also came out on the Gamecube, so there is non-motion controlled version, which will also play on your Wii!

Yeah, but you have to pay quite the price to get a copy of it.

*Hugs GameCube copy* :D

Personally I would want this on a HD console if they are to remake/port it. Xenoblade looks like a jaggy mess on the 3DS and I can't see this being any prettier if ported.

If they can put freaking Xenoblade on a New3DS then they sure as hell can put Twilight Princess on it...

Tbh that's another I'd have definitely preferred to come to WiiU, could have done a lot with that extra power to improve the game's biggest weakness(imo) of graphics - though ofc it was more work than they wanted to do.

• 3 months later...

All of the hosts of Radio Free Nintendo, as well as the forum/website community, voted to play through this game over the past couple of months. This event has now finished and on this weeks podcast episode they discuss the highs and lows of this entry of the series.

It was a great episode and I now have the urge to play through the game again. @Goron_3 & @dazzybee, have you guys listened to it yet?

All of the hosts of Radio Free Nintendo, as well as the forum/website community, voted to play through this game over the past couple of months. This event has now finished and on this weeks podcast episode they discuss the highs and lows of this entry of the series.

It was a great episode and I now have the urge to play through the game again. @Goron_3 & @dazzybee, have you guys listened to it yet?

I listened to it. Probably their best retroactive so far. I have the urge to play it again too, but I did so only a couple of years ago. Would absolutley love a 3DS or HD port of this game, one of my favourites in the 3D series.

I set up my GameCube again and took Twilight Princess for a spin (ie. ride round the overworld, not play the full game).

Whatever the intricacies of it, it's certainly a game set up with the right intentions - in particular, riding through the fields, towards and across the huge bridges (Eldin/Lake Hylia) as the GameCube controller rumbles in your hands.

It has, however, convinced me even more that the next time we see this game it should be in glorious HD.

I listened to it. Probably their best retroactive so far. I have the urge to play it again too, but I did so only a couple of years ago. Would absolutley love a 3DS or HD port of this game, one of my favourites in the 3D series.

Good stuff!

Do you listen to them every week? Easily my favourite podcast.

I set up my GameCube again and took Twilight Princess for a spin (ie. ride round the overworld, not play the full game).

Whatever the intricacies of it, it's certainly a game set up with the right intentions - in particular, riding through the fields, towards and across the huge bridges (Eldin/Lake Hylia) as the GameCube controller rumbles in your hands.

It has, however, convinced me even more that the next time we see this game it should be in glorious HD.

I've owned that version since launch but have never played it. TBH I can't remember a whole lot about TP ( only played through it the once ) so when I do decide to play it again I may put my Cube version to use. It might provide a better experience for me without all the waggling.

I can't remember a whole lot about TP ( only played through it the once ) so when I do decide to play it again I may put my Cube version to use. It might provide a better experience for me without all the waggling.

I'm exactly the same :heh:

I remember burning through and enjoying the first 20-25 hours before leaving it to one side, for whatever reason, and didn't return to it for ages. I assume that is one of the main reasons why my memories of the game are so disjointed.

I'd definitely like to play through the game again, but an HD version on Wii U would probably be how I would like to experience it given how well Wind Waker HD turned out :hehe:

I just finished the podcast and it just reminds me that I remember very little of the game (Twilight Princess). It was the first game (apart for Wii Sports) that I got with my Japanese Wii. Playing through the game in Japanese left me not knowing where to go or what to do at many points. Would love to play it again in English, but as an HD or 3DS version.

Not yet, when I found out it was 3.5 hours long I was almost tempted to not even bother :)

Not yet, when I found out it was 3.5 hours long I was almost tempted to not even bother :)

Eh? Why not? The longer the better. Makes my car journey more enjoyable.

Can't believe it has been almost 9 years since this game was released.

It's crazy, isn't it? Where the hell has all the time gone. :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!