N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

1. Trusted Platform Module.

• 6 replies
    • 1k views
  2. Sony Vaio Laptops. 1 2

• 32 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Quick Wireless Router Question

• 0 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Jajajajaja!

• 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Meals for Students 1 2

• 26 replies
    • 2.4k views
  6. The Fastest Man on Earth

• 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 60 replies
    • 4.6k views
    • 9 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 30 replies
    • 6k views
  7. Missing People 1 2

• 47 replies
    • 3.3k views
  8. Stickcricket

• 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 28 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. Best twists? 1 2 3

• 52 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. Backing tracks...

• 0 replies
  11. Booting from CD.

• 1 reply
  12. The Perfect Keyboard

• 24 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. Mario Galaxy Wallpaper

• 18 replies
    • 2.5k views
  14. PC Stereo Speakers

• 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 6 replies
  15. DirectX10, GRR! Help!

• 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Pavarotti dies at 71

• 17 replies
    • 1.5k views
  17. myspace? 1 2 3

• 51 replies
    • 3.9k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Sure, the game resonated with me completely. The atmosphere and story were absolutely compelling. Which is odd for me, as I'm not big a fan of horror games (other than Remedy's titles, Eternal Darkness is the only the only other one for me).  I think it's that it's more psychological horror, which is greatly enhanced by the deep characters in the game, not just Wake himself, but those around him. Unravelling the mystery is captivating.  The core gameplay itself isn't the most groundbreaking thing, but is enjoyable enough throughout the course of the game, and works well with the vibes and horror of the game.  Then there's the music. The game's use of music is phenomenal, using it to set the tone while also having some genuinely amazing songs made just for the game. The game is responsible for me discovering Poets of the Fall, who are my favourite band. Every part of the game just clicked with me in a wonderful way, and the way it does horror feels unique. The sequel improved every single aspect. The whole connected universe (Alan Wake, Quantum Break and Control) are games I massively love. 
    • I was gonna say it can be fairly cheap to pick up these days but you're right- that would be the code in the box version, which is what I have! I guess if you really wanted to try it, that could be the way to go and then if you think it's worth it you could seek out a physical copy..?
    • I still wouldn't mind giving it a go but finding a sealed physical version is pretty hard these days. It's mostly just code in a box copies that are out in the wild now.
    • I'm not sure if he played it. I have and I actually went back earlier in the year to find the rest of the keys and beat everything. It really wasn't worth it! There are things to like about it but the most important thing, the racing, isn't particularly satisfying!
    • Did Londragon play it? I thought you guys talked about it when you ran the podcast but I may be misremembering
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m