NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck

The Fastest Man on Earth

Asafa Powell now stands alone as the fastest man on the planet over 100 metres after breaking the world record on Sunday.

The Commonwealth champion had previously shared the title with Olympic champion Justin Gatlin, at 9.77 seconds.

asafa_powell_568198.jpg

But Powell then raced home in just 9.74 seconds in his heat at the Rieti Grand Prix in Italy at the weekend to go someway to making up for his disappointing World Championship performance in Osaka.

The Jamaican finished third behind Tyson Gay and Derrick Atkins in the final, but he now holds the world's most prestigious athletics record outright.

Having a 100 metre race? Dont invite this guy

How the hell can you run 10 metres in a second (well actually just less technically)? That's bluddy fast.

It's awesome that he wears his toast preference on his chest.

ROFL :bowdown:

i could beat him in a race if it was to subway

Nice Dyson.

But 10 metres in just under a second.Man that's realy fast.

Sonic look out :heh:

Yep... me and Asafa go way back... with me training him and all, his status potential is reached ;).

And I heard about Habana racing a cheetah, reminds me of when Micheal Johnson raced a horse... apart from the fact cheetahs are quicker :heh:

This athletes are the pinnacle of body efficiency, I truly can't believe how fast they go, any faster and their muscles would start to peel off.

I admire athletes, but they have to train so hard. Well done to you, Powell!

I could beat him if I had one of those hats on with a fishing rod attached and a piece of steak on the end that's just out of reach and makes me run to try and get it. Yeah.

Sign in to follow this