N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

• 9 replies
    • 1k views
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  1. Plain belt

• 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 37 replies
    • 3.6k views
  2. Game Servers?

• 3 replies
  3. You Tube HD

• 8 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Toy Story 3

• 1 reply
    • 28 replies
    • 2k views
    • 31 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Mixed RAM?

• 6 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 35 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 52 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • 23 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 264 replies
    • 14.1k views
    • 74 replies
    • 4.5k views
  6. BD Live

• 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
    • 43 replies
    • 3.5k views
    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 63 replies
    • 3.9k views
    • 5 replies
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Ever since the emergence of cloud gaming I've always thought to myself that Nintendo of all companies would be very keen to incorporate it. Not only does it fit perfectly with their preference for lower-end hardware, but if they were to (eventually) use it exclusively to distribute their games, wouldn't that finally solve the ongoing problem they have with piracy/emulation? Not to mention the added bonus (for them, anyway ) of ending recommerce of their games. If so, I wouldn't really be surprised to see Nintendo fully utilise cloud-based gaming at some point. Probably not with Switch 2, but they could certainly get the ball rolling with it. So yeah, the theories you mentioned don't actually seem that crazy to me, in fact, the second one (original Switch streaming Switch 2 games) is straight up genius!
    • Generally speaking, programs and apps have a "Development" version and a "Production/Retail" version. New features are added to the Development version, tested extensively, tweaked as necessary. Only after they're approved, a patch/update is created and applied to the Production version. In some workplaces, there's also a "Quality" version that's meant exclusively for user tests (so that developers can't mess with a build halfway through the test). If they're testing a new feature on the SNES app, they're not going to roll out a patch that's exclusive to a few people. Rather, they will take those few people and grant them temporary access to the Quality version so they can test the feature. After the test is done, access is revoked. And eventually, when the feature is okay to release, THEN the Retail app gets patched/updated with that feature. tl,dr: They won't update the beta testers' existing SNES app, because they would have to "un-update" it later. Much easier to let them download a "demo-like" SNES app, let users go wild, and then remove that demo app from their systems after the test is over.
    • Oh feck! I must’ve been looking at the US dates… Stupid Americans, don’t even know how to write dates properly
    • I see weird Nintendo is suddenly back for some reason. Had they not ludicrously overpriced this I may have got one for the novelty value (and the potential to perhaps customise it... Baby Face alarm? ) but as it stands, no way! Would love to know what the actual cost to produce these things is, feels like Nintendo will be making a repugnant amount of profit at that price though.
    • It's not 7 months, the play test lasts from October 23rd to November 5th
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m