N-Europe

Found a run over dog last night

Dog-amoto

It sickens me how people can run over someone's pet and just leave them there lying in the road. The poor thing was probably killed instantly as there wasn't much blood at the scene. All we could do was to move her off the road and call the local shelter so she didn't get run over more so at least her owners wouldn't have had to see her totally decimated.

It's just really upset me as she looked a little bit like my own dog, and I couldn't bear to imagine the same thing happening to her.

Just needed to get that off my chest, thanks for listening

Sometimes I think some people run over animals on purpose... Cause how can a car run over an animal that's on the side of the road, where only pedestrians and bicycles are allowed? They'd have to get on that part on purpose. And no, those animals weren't moved over to there, nor do I think they could've been run over by a bycicle. I once (pretty recently even) saw three run over animals on the same short piece of road... really sad to see.

Also, my first cat probably got run over, though dad never really told us (our cousin told us though). Sorta glad I didn't have to find him myself...

If you found it on the road, It was most probably the dog's fault. I've seen alot of dogs chance death on the roads, one did it so many times I went and got it and called the owner.

If it was on the side of the road, who-ever did it is scum. But like you said, it was on the road when you found it. But theres nothing you can do once its dead. Sure you could ring the owners if the poor thing had a collar, but what if it was in the middle of the night? Also, if it was squashed ONTO the road, it'd be too much trouble since its already dead.

But if it were just hit and dead, they could of had the decency to move it off the road I do admit.

Its a shame when these things happen, but its down the owners not securing the exits to the house so the dog can escape. We all suffer from curiosity, and when your that small your not gonna be seen quick enough to avoid a collision if your in the middle of the road.

Guest Stefkov

I've seen plenty of dead squirrels on the road but never a dead dog. Id hate to see a dead dog. I love dogs, cats also, but not as much as dogs. If i saw one i would probably whimper then walk away, not bearing to see it anymore.

Squirrels...i dont care raelly, its quie funny taunting my mum saying yeah that was a dead squirrel and she like no its not, then theres a little argument, a funny argument that it was dead.

I think you'll find that it's the owners fault, not the dogs.

Anyone who leaves their dog to roam the streets so things like this happen doesn't deserve to own a dog.

You're actually right.

Dog owners shouldn't let their dogs wander around freely, they're likely to run off and not come back for ages, or find themselves under the wheels of a Citroen Xsara Picasso.

Anyone who leaves their dog to roam the streets so things like this happen doesn't deserve to own a dog.

Actually, dogs can easily get loose even when the owners try their best, we live on a 60mph road so obviously making sure the dog doesnt get out is a major priority. But one day some kids let off some firework near our house, and our dog got scared and jumped over the 6 foot gate we have (impressive feat for a jack russel). She got hit, whos fault is that, I certainly dont blame the driver if a dog runs out onto a road like that (the driver stopped and brought the dog back). Anyway I know loads of people who look aftertheir dogs well and they manage to escape.

Oh and the driver that hit the dog actually broke the law. technically its illegal to hit a dog (or horse, but i doubt you car would be in good enough nick to carry on) and not stop. This isn't the case for cats though.

If you found it on the road, It was most probably the dog's fault. I've seen alot of dogs chance death on the roads, one did it so many times I went and got it and called the owner.

If it was on the side of the road, who-ever did it is scum. But like you said, it was on the road when you found it. But theres nothing you can do once its dead. Sure you could ring the owners if the poor thing had a collar, but what if it was in the middle of the night? Also, if it was squashed ONTO the road, it'd be too much trouble since its already dead.

But if it were just hit and dead, they could of had the decency to move it off the road I do admit.

Its a shame when these things happen, but its down the owners not securing the exits to the house so the dog can escape. We all suffer from curiosity, and when your that small your not gonna be seen quick enough to avoid a collision if your in the middle of the road.

Your right, I realised this late into writing my post, So i bolded the parts were I originally stated this.

One time i was in the car with my parents, and my dad hit a deer.

I've hit a deer before, was going round a corner and there were two stood at the side of the road, one decided to leap out right in front of me and I couldn't avoid it! Scared the life out of me!

Actually, dogs can easily get loose even when the owners try their best, we live on a 60mph road so obviously making sure the dog doesnt get out is a major priority. But one day some kids let off some firework near our house, and our dog got scared and jumped over the 6 foot gate we have (impressive feat for a jack russel). She got hit, whos fault is that, I certainly dont blame the driver if a dog runs out onto a road like that (the driver stopped and brought the dog back). Anyway I know loads of people who look aftertheir dogs well and they manage to escape.

I'd actually consider that your fault, leaving a dog unattended in your garden is just asking for trouble. My dogs never leave my or my wives sight, or if they do I make sure they are securely locked up indoors.

Was this on a council estate?

No, it was near Bolton town centre, had just picked up my gf from the M.E.N arena and was on the way home. Poor thing was still warm.

Dog-amoto is the nickname that my mate has given to my dog, for some reason cos he's convinced that she's secretly Miyamoto in disguise and she somehow assists me in always beating him at Mario Kart.

Yes, he's pretty odd, but I find it funny listening to his excuses!

You're an IDIOT....there will always be someone to contact in this situation. People should always contact the RSPCA or Animal Shelter of Vets or something whenever hitting a pet (cat or dog); then the owner can at least be contacted. Not knowing what has happened or where a pet is is worse than knowing they're dead.

And by the way, I don't blame owners if their dog escapes; unless it's on a regular basis.

So running over a dog is classed as animal cruelty these days? Political correctness gone mad!

You are also a retard. If I ever hit you in a car, or see you laying in the road, I'm gonna leave you there and do nothing. Are you not reading what we're talking about here?

You're an IDIOT....

You are also a retard.

Are you for real? Ever heard of being entitled to an opinion?

Road kill is a sight I dred. My nans jack russel was hit by a car, although it was a split second thing were the dog ran out. The best thing is for both the owners and drivers to be extra careful, then there is no worry about who is in the wrong.