N-Europe

Videogames under attack...again!

Hero-of-Time

"These types of games are dreadful examples for our children."

WTF??? The game has an "18" sticker plastered on it for a reason, if a child is bought the game, the only person you can blame is the parent that lets them play it.

WTF??? The game has an "18" sticker plastered on it for a reason, if a child is bought the game, the only person you can blame is the parent that lets them play it.

Just did the same research, then found out you by far beat me to it.

So when films have the same sort of content and are rated similarly to this, where are the news articles and EU minister's shouting their mouths off about them.

I can understand they could have a problem if we were using the old ELSPA system, but PEGI ratings are now treated in the same manor as BBFC's.

Remember kids, it's the computer games that are bad. When Jack Bower tortures someone on TV, that's OK. When US and UK troops torture terror suspects in real life, that's OK. But woe betide anyone who reads about it or plays a computer game where it gets mentioned.

So when films have the same sort of content and are rated similarly to this, where are the news articles and EU minister's shouting their mouths off about them.

There was one about the film where that 12-year-old girl gets raped...

*sigh*

If a ten year old sneaks into a cinema and watches Saw III, is it the movie's fault? Nope. Only with games.

Old people shouldn't be allowed to report the news anymore.

It's more like a kid watching an 18 DVD at home. If you run a cinema, or video arcade, you are responsible for ensuing that people who are too young to see/play aren't allowed to.

In people's homes the people responsible are the parents or guardians. If the product is labeled 18 then it's up to parents/guardians to asses whether they think their kids should be watching/playing the movie/game.

Better still the parents/guardians could actually take a bleeding interest in what their kids get up to, rather than assuming someone else will be there to protect their kids.

why can't people be more responsible and not let their kids play these games DUR!!! there was also an article about this in the times today and it really fucked me off. people STILL view videogames as a child orientated pastime. its just soo frustrating.

Remember kids, it's the computer games that are bad. When Jack Bower tortures someone on TV, that's OK. When US and UK troops torture terror suspects in real life, that's OK. But woe betide anyone who reads about it or plays a computer game where it gets mentioned.

Even though 24 also has an age rating, is shown after a watershed and Jack Bauer's usually trying to prevent a presidential asassination or save a city from a nuclear bomb when he tortures someone. :heh:

I've played Rule of Rose... its pretty fucked up, but not enough to ban it. Not at all.

It basically involves bullying of children, twisted child-like imaginations etc.

I know nothing about the game but I side with the daily mail on the jist of this. Basically, scenes of teen torture, erotic overtones etc.. have no place in games for anyone. This is especially the case when it is portrayed as tantilisting rather than a harrowing story line. Having an 18 certificate is completely irrelevant.

That said, given that this is hyped up stuff, I'm sure it is only a whisper of what it could be. It will be interesting to see what microsoft makes of this, they are very close sponsors of NSPCC.

I was going to go into an explanation as to how the press shouldn't go over the top about this, and that they should realise that it's actually a bunch of pixels that is being tortured and not an actual young girl.

But the press like to rake the muck for all it's worth. And I'd have been wasting precious screen space, typing energy and time to type all that.

So, I didn't bother...

Y'know, I can't remember any controversy over the Resident Evil games...there probably was, but I don't remember any of it...:hmm: