NEurope
flameboy

Mario Party 8

Is there anyway to tell a recalled version from the future produced versions if sealed?

Thanks, Tobi

NTSC version

marioparty8.ntsc.jpg

PAL:

marioparty8.pal.jpg

For some reason the boarders on the side of the screen have been changed to just plain black in the PAL release.

Can anyone confirm if that's the same for Europe? or just Australia?

For some reason the boarders on the side of the screen have been changed to just plain black in the PAL release.

If I have understood correctly, they removed NTSC-version's borders because they could leave burn marks on plasma TV. Black border shouldn't do that.

Yesterday I was playing this looking for the "spastic" thing and I ended up finding it.

It's pathetic it got re-called,big deal it was just a spell the with was saying.If anyone has this but hasn't seen it go to the Shy Guy course with the train and land on a green space (that isn't in the kitchen) so that the with appears.

Also pathetic how long it's taken to put it out in the shelves.

Other news,apparently pre-orders for MP8 have broken 500,000 in Japan. I find it hard to believe :heh:

Other news,apparently pre-orders for MP8 have broken 500,000 in Japan.

Yeah apparently...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8185/1/Mario_Party_8_Wii_Pre-Orders_Hit_500,000_in_Japan

Nintendo Sales | Mario Party 8 Wii Pre-Orders Hit 500,000 in Japan

Quick News - Japanese blogger sinobi, who regularly updates with leaked Famitsu numbers, has confirmed that retailers have pre-ordered 500,000 copies of Mario Party 8 Wii in comparison to 300,000 units of Minna no Golf 5 for PS3. With both hitting on the same day, can Nintendo's game actually sell more in the first week, though?

I want this game, but our GAME always gets sold out before I manage to get it. Hero-of-Time, you sellin' by any chance? =)

i have got this game and it is amazing. might get boring after a while but all games do. played it multiplayer non stop for a week now.

Those pre-orders are absolutely incredible, seriously if a spin-off sub-par Mario can sell half a million in Japan then I'm going to feel sorry for Sony when they try and keep up with the sales of the Wii around the release of Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawls, Wii Fit, Sonic Mario Olympics and Animal Crossing :/.

I played my mates version for a 15 round game...and it wasn't too bad...or slow.

I don't get what people are complaining about. It's actually so funny that the games even more random than it used to be with stars & coins etc. It should have a "Don't play if you're a sore loser" warning or something.

People are trying to sell the "Spastic Edition" for £50-£60 on eBay :shock:

I played my mates version for a 15 round game...and it wasn't too bad...or slow.

I don't get what people are complaining about. It's actually so funny that the games even more random than it used to be with stars & coins etc. It should have a "Don't play if you're a sore loser" warning or something.

People are trying to sell the "Spastic Edition" for £50-£60 on eBay :shock:

Lmao, I saw that, people are actually buying it at that price too. (great name for the game btw lol)

Lmao, I saw that, people are actually buying it at that price too. (great name for the game btw lol)

Someone said it in a previous post:)

500,000!?!?!?!?!? FOR MARIO F*cking Party 8!?!?

Good god! The public are idiots.

I got this game recently, and so far, I don't mind it, but I hate the fact the boards are SO SLOW and the Moped extra mini game has this similar lag... It's like as if the framerates 10 or something... It's on Wii yet the boards are extremely laggy, almost unplayable. I don't see why the boards aren't the same speed as the standard mini games. Play a previous GC edition of Mario Party and compare it to the boards on Mario Party 8, you'll be staggered with the speed difference... I played with a friend and it didn't bother him, but it really bothers me... Theres a decent selection of mini games but controls are a mixed bag. Some utilise the controller very well, others control terribly, I spotted at least one where it says to control the joystick, yet you are only using the Wii remote, which indicates this game was originally intended for GameCube and it feels like it... But despite this, I am going to persist on playing and unlock everything in the game seeing that I paid full retail price for this game...

The party returns to Europe on August 8th

What fun is the Summer without a party? Nintendo of Europe has confirmed that the newly revised Mario Party 8 will hit the UK once again on August 8th.

“The offending word has been replaced at code level and the software reproduced. We are confident we have taken the correct appropriate levels and action necessary and in all new versions of the game there are no issues – however we cannot 100 per cent guarantee that every copy of the initial batch was returned to us and as such there may still be a small number of copies of the game in circulation.” - Nintendo rep

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/27849/Mario-Party-8-back-on-August-8th

I really don't get what IGN have been complaining about with this to be honest, it seems just like Mario Party before, but faster, more random, and with cooler, more useful items.

And the spastic train level is great.....Much better than the levels of old.

Yeah i think the reviews were a little bit ott with the harshness actually. I still say it's a little bit better then every Mario Party before!

Yeah i think the reviews were a little bit ott with the harshness actually. I still say it's a little bit better then every Mario Party before!

All 3 N64 Mario Party games are superior to the rest of them, IMO anyway.

All 3 N64 Mario Party games are superior to the rest of them, IMO anyway.

I've only played 1 and 2 but i agree COMPLETELY with that. The rest are just half assed efforts imo.

So, yesterday I got the game. And guess what I found...

The spastic line! Yay!

It'll pop up whenever you hit certain "?" marks on the train map (lower-left corner on map selection screen).

So today i was playing 2v2.. and u know how u get team names depending on what 2 people are put together.. exp. mario and luigi's team name is mario bro. ... anyways if u put dry bones and birdo toghther their team name is bone chockers... and the girl toad and luigi togther make a team name of cha cha chasers.. ok so its not mature at all but i was lmao...haha when those were the team names for the game

I played a game just against the computer yesterday and won't be ever again, they cheat like mad.

Still, the mini-games are good. :)