N-Europe

Baked Beans

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i'd love some beans on toast right now, but the lateness has made me too lazy.

How do you eat yours?

I love mine with two slices of toast, with loads of butter, then i lay a slice of cheese on top of each toast, then pour the heated beans over, then add some grated cheese on top with some pepper and salt.

Damn i just made myself even hungrier(sp?), i'm starting to drool

I woke up this morning and still had this thread in my head that instead of making myself my traditional weekend full Irish fry-up i decided to have beans on toast, but to my shock when i went for the beans i discovered my mother had bought Bachelors instead of Heinz, i still ate them and it was good, but if it was Heinz would have been better ;)

Bizarre...

Anyway, we've discovered the delights of Branston Beans, so my votes with Branston. Cheesy beans are best mind you, grate a little cheese into your beans.

Sauces are more difficult - HP brown sauce with bacon and Heinz tomato ketchup on most thinks.

Has anyone every tried the pikey beans from Aldi, neto or Lidl? I've not once stepped into one of the above shops (against my constitution). Just wondering if these beans are as horrendous as I'd expect!