Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

Guest Captain Falcon

Whilst I'm loving all the Endless Challenge love (the theme from Mute City to the uninitiated), the "Sounds of Mute City" unlock from F-Zero GX is the best version in my book.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah thats a great version of Mute city. I love some of the alernative versions of F-zero music that have come out over the years.

The Magical Trick Society F-zero Album:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

F-zero Arranged Jazz Album is one of my favourites:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Helmsly

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Well, Falcom has done it, they have fucking done it.

They have made an opening song that's just down right epic in every way, makes every other gaming opening look weak.

I am talking about the Ys 7 opening song on the PSP[MUSIC]Iq1eO2dCohQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="280" height="50">

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I just can't get enough of this song :D

• 1 month later...

@Goafer

Mute City from F-Zero X is my favourite version. Robot announcer included... you've got to try and put him on to the start of which ever version you go for!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's not old, but Crazy Taxi use of 'All I Want' was epic, and there are some 8-bit versions out there:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Retro_Link

Friggin brilliant tracks right there, Pit Jr! EPIC:D

Out of the MAJOR collection of gaming music that I have, i'd like to share with you just one at a time:laughing:

The most beautiful ones are remixes though...

This one rocked my socks when I first heard it though, incredible for a DS

Guest Captain Falcon

Here's a piece from Viewtiful Joe which suddenly just popped in my head

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's the music against the last boss on the Greatest Five level - Inferno Lord Scorching King Leo.

It's quite rocky and then part at 39 seconds in just gives it the super epic edge needed to convey the sense that this a battle against a foe such as you've never faced and would be lucky to walk away from.

This fight took me so many tries it's untrue the first time so I heard this a lot and it never got old.

The game has lot's of good music, but for me, this is the stand out.

• 3 weeks later...
It's not old, but Crazy Taxi use of 'All I Want' was epic, and there are some 8-bit versions out there:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've mentioned that somewhere on the forum before, it is very awesome. Like the game really (though the controls have not dated well at all).

Favourite F-zero music would be big blue, this chap is awesome:

As mentioned, all of the Metroid Prime music is brilliant, plus some of the stuff in Echoes was masterful.

I thank SSX on Tour for using Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills as the theme, introduced me to the band and have saw them live a few years back.

Fallout 3's use of 'I don't want to set the world on fire' by The Ink Spots, bloody inspired choice. And the main theme will be imaginingly tear-inducing if I play it in say, 3 years time after forgetting about it somewhat.

LBP's 'My Patch' by Jim Noir was the prefect fit for the game.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift's opening is one of my favourite because of the use of Stomp Box by the Qemists. In fact the trailer is the best thing about the game, it's just done so well.

The PSN game Snakeball is pretty average, but I keep it on the HDD just so that I can skip over to have a listen to the theme. If anyone knows of any artists that produce this retro-ey disco style groove please show me:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Original Rayman, had such quality music. Most tracks are only 2 minutes that essentially repeat themselves after 1 minute, but it's good stuff.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The frickin' brilliant Mario 64, Rainbow Ride.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Sarias Song from OoT. Many other great tracks, I just remember this as my favourite.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

On its own, not that special, but you know how nostalgia is and the way it makes everything sound fantastic. Here is Crash Badicoots first game opening:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Wario Land 4, Toy Tower music. I just remember this game being insanely good, like all WL games really. Plenty of memorable tunes:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There's so much goodness packed into Brawl that I won't even post about it.

Diddy Kong's main theme. About as cutesy and innocent as music gets.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And a fitting end to this list, the Timesplitters 2 theme. I'd say as cool as it comes in terms of game music.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by dwarf

MY WORD DWARF GOURAMI, MY WORD!!

You just unleashed a can o' nostalgia upon me. You made me remember all these awesome games with their more awesome tunes:D

Let's see, ......I'm going to expand on your Rayman music and Wario music:idea:

For me, Rayman: Hoodlum Havoc has the most memorable music when it comes to Rayman games. Here are a few of them.

Talk about A quality moodsetters and background music:love:

Finally the Rabbids are going 'home' and Rayman will return with an awesome 3d adventure game once more!:D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've played a lot of Wario games, and, next to his main theme, a LOT of tracks from Wario Land: The Shake Dimension are worthy of being played by the finest of Jazz bands.