Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is a QTE now?

Quick Time Event ( I think :heh: )

Like in R Evil 4 where the A button would appear on screen and you would have to quickly press it to dodge out of the way of a boulder.

I really cant wait for this game purely for the fact that I will get to visit the greatest R Evil game again ( R EVIL 2 )

I was afraid this would be just some quick cash-in spin-off title in the vein of RE: Outbreak. Though I haven't played any of those games before, I just loved RE4. Definitely one of my fave games on the Cube.

If we get RE4 mechnics, enhanced with Wiimote controls and a lengthy game and all in! Revisiting the mansion again is no problem with me, as I think it'll be a different experience. Hearing we have to conserve ammo again is somewhat of a downer, the action in RE4 was awesome. On the plus side though, it's getting scary and thrilling again :D

I just feel that there doesn't seem to be enough to merit it being priced at the higher tier. Yes your playing the games over again in a new way, but its only like a single chapter or so. And it also just seems to fit in with the idea of Wii-makes. Nintendo have always been good at that sort of thing. Milking the cash cow.

(University fees have made me a bitter person)

I just feel that there doesn't seem to be enough to merit it being priced at the higher tier. Yes your playing the games over again in a new way, but its only like a single chapter or so. And it also just seems to fit in with the idea of Wii-makes. Nintendo have always been good at that sort of thing. Milking the cash cow.

(University fees have made me a bitter person)

Hey if you've got a problem with "wii-makes" have a go at capcom - it's not nintendo's fault!

I think it sounds pretty damn interesting personally and am looking forward to seeing more about it at the Tokyo Games Show. : peace:

Is anyone else put off by the fact that this won't have a story of any kind?

It will have a story that ties the Reisident evil games more together.

So will it have the same camera system as RE4 or it 'll be a FPS?

From what we heard from horror.net It wil have the same camera system as RE4

What the hell you mean not worth full price? Do you realise that this is a new game? Who cares if the locations are the same, they have to be redone (except for re4) since they're all pre rendered. Shooting zombies with RE4 style controls with the wiimote sounds awesome.

I wonder if they can't recycle most of the texture because if the whole thing is pre-rendered there must be some 3d models of it.

Resident Evil Wii is finally confirmed. It’s called Umbrella Chronicles and it’s a game that ties up all loose ends throughout the series.

Similar to Outbreak, it’s split up in different chapters; you will be able to play as the main Resident Evil protagonists from the main series[From RE Veronica to RE4, prologue to RE5], as well as unlock additional characters.

Gameplay will be in 3rd person similar to RE4, but additionally the game takes advantage of the controller’s core features. -Puzzles and shooting will have a new twist to it.

New details are to be shown at TGS.

Also, previous rumors was made official.

Four chapters will be available, each chapter will have 2 playable characters

Chapter 1 - BH1 Mansion - Jill and Chris

Chapter 2 - BH2 RPD - Claire and Leon

Chapter 3 - BH3 Racoon City - Jill and Carlos

Chapter 4 - BH4 Village - Leon and Ada

Additional characters can be unlocked by playing the game, such as Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker

The gameplay will be similar to BH4, use the Wiimote to trigger the over-the-shoulder view, use the nunchuk to fire

All characters will have different weapons and melee attacks like in BH4, you can find additional weapons in the stage

Each character can only carry 2 weapons, such as Chris’ pistol and shotgun, and Jill’s pistol and grenade launcher

The main game Scenario Mode will have in-game cutscenes, each chapter will have new contents which link to Umbrella’s status

There is an Arcade Mode which plays like the BH4 Mercenaries mini game.

is it just me or dous 4 chapters seems short?

Eh old news Marcel.

We dont know if really has 4 chapters.

And it depends on what chapters are these, "Asignment Ada" ones, or "separate ways" kind of thing... If it's like separate ways means we will get to revisit most the locations in glorious 3D and explore them completly.

I'd hope for them to include Separate Ways as a bonus too, since RE4 on GC lacked it.

All in all this game should have the same lenght RE4 does; 15 to 20 hours of gameplay.

Resident Evil Wii is finally confirmed. It’s called Umbrella Chronicles and it’s a game that ties up all loose ends throughout the series.

Similar to Outbreak, it’s split up in different chapters; you will be able to play as the main Resident Evil protagonists from the main series[From RE Veronica to RE4, prologue to RE5], as well as unlock additional characters.

Gameplay will be in 3rd person similar to RE4, but additionally the game takes advantage of the controller’s core features. -Puzzles and shooting will have a new twist to it.

New details are to be shown at TGS.

Also, previous rumors was made official.

Four chapters will be available, each chapter will have 2 playable characters

Chapter 1 - BH1 Mansion - Jill and Chris

Chapter 2 - BH2 RPD - Claire and Leon

Chapter 3 - BH3 Racoon City - Jill and Carlos

Chapter 4 - BH4 Village - Leon and Ada

Additional characters can be unlocked by playing the game, such as Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker

The gameplay will be similar to BH4, use the Wiimote to trigger the over-the-shoulder view, use the nunchuk to fire

All characters will have different weapons and melee attacks like in BH4, you can find additional weapons in the stage

Each character can only carry 2 weapons, such as Chris’ pistol and shotgun, and Jill’s pistol and grenade launcher

The main game Scenario Mode will have in-game cutscenes, each chapter will have new contents which link to Umbrella’s status

There is an Arcade Mode which plays like the BH4 Mercenaries mini game.

Why didnt you say this infomation is from Capcom-Europe?

I'd imagine Ada's Resi 4 chapter will basically be the PS2's seperate ways,

I'm not really sure why they've included Resi 4, because I don't see what else Leon can do that will unveil more about Umbrella; the mission was what it was! Plus Umbrella was shut down way before Resi 4!

I'm not really sure I understand this game.

If it's meant to help us understand more about the goings on of Umbrella, shouldn't it be areas of the games we haven't really seen before, for example...

Resi 2

- Ada's first meetings with Wesker, all the things she did behind the scenes of Resi 2.

- Hunk and the teams infiltration of Umbrella, the killing and fight with Birkin, the escape.

- Weskers rescue of Ada etc...

Shouldn't we play more umbrella themed levels/characters etc... going behind the scenes of whats already been seen in the Resi games to fully understand what it was all about?!

How can loose ends be tied up, if it's levels and characters we've already played through? There's nothing else to discover in places the characters have already gone through!

Why RE4 should be included?

Have you finished assignment ada?

Yeah why should it be included because it's not part of the Umbrella storyline up until it's shut down, which is what I thought the game was concentrating on.

I've completed assignment Ada yeah, and have seen through Seperate Ways on the PS2.

It's a new 'Umbrella' Weskers concentrating on now, so I don't see why it's included (plus so many people have played it anyway) and Code Veronica hasn't.

The events after Code Veronica are the most important of all;

- What happens to Steve,

- Are there plans for Sherry in any way,

- Chris and Claire flying off to destroy Umbrella,

- What Wesker is all about, how he regenerated after his fight with Chris, to appear seemingly unhurt in Resi 4

These are the type of things I'd like cleared up!

how bout no...

What if you hold the Wiimote and nunchuck like you do in CoD3 (left hand and right hand respectivly)?

You line them up, like you would when holding a rifle, and squeeze Z to fire-this allows the pointer-function on the Wiimote to be used for aiming.

This would feel especially satisfying with shotgun, which, when added to the level of satisfaction (this sounds a little dodgy...) given by using the shotgun at close range in RE4, would be illegal.