NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Be sure to get the next copy of Official Nintendo Magazine UK as it contains exclusive information on Resident Evil Wii.

It states, in the september issue that they 'had' exclusive information on this upcoming exclusive for the Wii, but it didnt turn up in time for the printing process. It says the news will be with us next month. [it doesnt actually say what game it means but it says "Here's a clue" and there is a silhouette of what is easily noticed as Leon Kennedy].

Here's hoping this is true (i don't buy any magazines anymore so can't find the exact quote or from what magazine it was from, but I think it was in this months ONM)

Anyway, I read somewhere that a Resident Evil was supposed to come out Q1 2007, so I'm guessing it'll be a remake or Resi 4, with the Ada game that was exclusive to the PS2 version (not Assignment Ada, a different one), and then I think they'll add a Krauser or even a Luis game as a bonus, where you play through the game from their eyes. HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!:bouncy:

Leave your thoughts and build up some hype for next months ONM!

Hmm, I just felt a slight sensation of TEH HYPPPEEEE!

But it's gone now.

Hope it's good with screenshots, but it seems to me it'll just be info.

Resident Evil 2 remake with Resi Evil 4 controls, WiiMote in shooting mode.

Oh yeah.

Anyway, I read somewhere that a Resident Evil was supposed to come out Q1 2007, so I'm guessing it'll be a remake or Resi 4, with the Ada game that was exclusive to the PS2 version (not Assignment Ada, a different one), and then I think they'll add a Krauser or even a Luis game as a bonus, where you play through the game from their eyes. HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!:bouncy:

Leave your thoughts and build up some hype for next months ONM!

Oh yeah it is a remake of RE4 which is only 2 years old and has pc version coming out this year. :rolleyes:

Oh man, can't wait to hear more about this, though I have a feeling it'll be hard to top RE4. This game has great potential, I wonder how the Wiimote will be used in this entry of the Resident Evil series.

Oh yeah it is a remake of RE4 which is only 2 years old and has pc version coming out this year. :rolleyes:

He said remake or...

Anyway - Resi 4 with enhanced graphics, possibly some extra levels for the main game, Wii controls, The Ada mission and then a Luis/Krauser mission (Why not both), perhaps with online mercenaries mode would be awesome and I'd love to see it. Lets them test the waters with a proven product enhanced and updated, one Gamecube owners of the game would buy in their masses for sure. Not only that but it would probably be fairly easy to develop. If its a success then a downgraded port of 5 or new exclusive entries to the series (or remakes of 2/3/CV) would be perfect.

Oh yeah.. OH YEAH, i'm really liking this!! Be it a RE2 remake with RE4 controls, or a RE4 with what Goron_3 and Jay said. I feel good!

He said remake or...

Anyway - Resi 4 with enhanced graphics, possibly some extra levels for the main game, Wii controls, The Ada mission and then a Luis/Krauser mission (Why not both), perhaps with online mercenaries mode would be awesome and I'd love to see it. Lets them test the waters with a proven product enhanced and updated, one Gamecube owners of the game would buy in their masses for sure. Not only that but it would probably be fairly easy to develop. If its a success then a downgraded port of 5 or new exclusive entries to the series (or remakes of 2/3/CV) would be perfect.

You think exactly like me :D

I think they could also add a multiplayer/Co-op mode (similar to the part of Resi 4 where you and Luis are in the house together). This really would make the game stand out.

Resident Evil 4: Directors Cut all the way : peace:

...or, OR Capcom will make a totally new Resi game for Wii, you'll all be happy with having to risk your cash on a new product, and my suspicouns as to why Hollywood keeps spinning out the same re-made crap just to satisfy a core of the public with more money then sense won't have to be confirmed. Resi 4 with better grahics? 1st person Resi 2? Are you people nuts? Do WANT dull and unoriginal games you've seen before? What do you want another Resi 4 with extra bits for? Why do want game you already have? Am I missing something here? Is this how the world works?? Has something happend that should make me agree?? What is it? A holy command from on high? The secret to the ultimate question? Or maybe, just maybe, weshould lift our snouts from our corrupt and poisonous troughs, and see THE BEAUTY OF NEW THINKING that has been bestowed from on high by the mighty gods upon a sleek, glistening chariot of TECHNOLOGY and ART.

So, something totally fresh and new please Capcom.

Wait what, i dont see ONM saying that?

Issue 06 Pg 009 (the "hot or Not" column

"Exclusives We had a massive exclusive lined up for you this month but it fell through half way into deadline. It will come eventually. Ooh, we wonder what game it could've been..."

And then to the side it has a silhouette or a man with a socom-like gun. From the body down it could be snake but looking at his head, its too round with no bandanna.

Then noticing the shoes it could be Leon S Kennedy with his curtain hairstyle but to be honest I can't make it out. It could be some brand new character of a brand new game but more likely it is a brand new game to a very popular series.

...or, OR Capcom will make a totally new Resi game for Wii, you'll all be happy with having to risk your cash on a new product, and my suspicouns as to why Hollywood keeps spinning out the same re-made crap just to satisfy a core of the public with more money then sense won't have to be confirmed. Resi 4 with better grahics? 1st person Resi 2? Are you people nuts? Do WANT dull and unoriginal games you've seen before? What do you want another Resi 4 with extra bits for? Why do want game you already have? Am I missing something here? Is this how the world works?? Has something happend that should make me agree?? What is it? A holy command from on high? The secret to the ultimate question? Or maybe, just maybe, weshould lift our snouts from our corrupt and poisonous troughs, and see THE BEAUTY OF NEW THINKING that has been bestowed from on high by the mighty gods upon a sleek, glistening chariot of TECHNOLOGY and ART.

So, something totally fresh and new please Capcom.

Erm, actually we would like a new game - Resi 5 or a reinvention of Resi would be fantastic.

However, Capcom have already said that they want to release a game to test that Resi will work on Wii before making any decision regarding Resi 5. An enhanced version of Resi 4 is an opportunity for them to test their ideas out on a game that is already developed and can consequently be tweaked and released at no great cost to them, it then ensures that any future Resi games on the Wii will be just perfect. It would also give GC owners the opportunity to play the Ada missions from the PS2 version which add a lot to the story and overall experience, as well as hopefully some other extras.

Oh, and those of you with ONM - Compare the silhouette to this image...

HH0354_box.jpg

Its quite clearly the same picture of Leon :)

I think people need to remember that on the release date list, 'Resident Evil' was put down for the Wii in the first part of 2007. It can't therefore be a new Resi game, as these take A LONG time to develop.

Hopefully, this game will show CAPCOM how good a console the Wii can be to them if they treat it with some love.

well said gaggle64. the Wii is all about fresh and new things.

Do people on here really think a two year old game would really sell well? Crazy

well said gaggle64. the Wii is all about fresh and new things.

Do people on here really think a two year old game would really sell well? Crazy

However Capcom have only made two facts clear about this Resi game...

1) It will launch early 2007

2) It will be more of an experiment to test the waters and see the Wii's suitability for Resi games (Much like Deadly Silence was for the DS - but hopefully a lot better)

Resi 4 tightened up graphically and upgraded to 480p will look as good as anything on the Wii and as good as some early 360 games, doing that will take little effort on Capcoms part. It is already an excellent game and with enough extras it would be a worthwhile purchase for anyone with the Cube Version, it also has to be remembered that people who buy the Wii may not necessarily have a GC and may be interested in Resi 4. Those who are big fans of the game (And there are a lot) would probably get shut of their Gamecube edition for an ultimate edition so it would sell. It also means that Resi can be made to fit the Wii perfectly and then a future exclusive can be made just right.

Personally, I'd prefer a new version and I'm sure most people would but a special edition of 4 would hardly be bad news and the only official news from Capcom is that that is what this game will be. Take into account how Capcom like to release enhancement and ports of old games (Particularly the Resi series) and it would make sense.

This, followed up by an original title a few years down the line would suit me just fine.

I wouldn´t buy resi 4 remake! that´s just odd!

Beefed up resi4 engine + new story(the alien invasion goes on!) + leon ...that´s a killer-title

Wait, wait wait WAIT.

Why the HECK do you want an RE4 remake?! Its been out for less than 2 years.

A continuation or something, but god not a remake Capcom.

resident evil with Wii capabilities=awesome I'm glad Resident Evil is coming out relatively soon after the launch of the Wii, so I have crazy good shooting game!

Hmm, sounds like the next issue is something to watch out for. I forgot to get this month's.

When is the release date for the next issue of ONM?

I wouldn't mind RE4 but only if it had enough extras to tempt Gamecube players back. Hell, that is miles better than a Gun Survivor game...

I would be pleasantly surprised if we get something original.

At the present moment resi 5 excites me more. prove me wrong ONM

resi 5 is just a render-video until now and won´t come out before end2008/beginning2009...so it doesn´t excite me anywhere. resiwii should come next year, that´s exciting!

resi 5 is just a render-video until now and won´t come out before end2008/beginning2009...so it doesn´t excite me anywhere. resiwii should come next year, that´s exciting!

Where did you get that info from,

Im excited because at least we know some things about it, the fact the resi 4 control scheme returns in resi 5 is enough to get me excited. so far we dont know nothing about the wii version. As people said, it could be a gun survivor, it could be a remake.

NOT a remake of 4, please no, its not been out 2 years yet. Bloody stupid to make a remake.

What I would like to see is a Resi4 remake, with the Ada quest, a new Krausser and Luis quest, an online deathmatch-like mode, and the ability to download new quests so you can play new storylines with different characters...