N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I can't believe nobody picked up on this one: but that would be an awesome idea imo! It could be a sort of Poke-floats style level, with differing gravity, black holes, different sizes of planet...it would be ace!

Totally agree. Perhaps you could fly around to different small planets, and gravity would be all messed up. That could be sweet :heh:

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an idea whilst reading NGamer. How about Tingle as an assist trophy? He could have the same role as in Wind Waker (the GBA link up feature) and come in and drop bombs on contestants.

Yay, that's a cool idea. And it would fit very well :)

STADIUM: Target Smash!

A target-breaking mode has appeared in every game in the Smash series. It’s a mode that challenges you to break ten targets within a given time limit – basically, a game for those who salivate at the thought of speed runs.

various09_071024a.jpg

Break the targets!

The mode is set outdoors now, giving it a refreshing visual appearance. This time, there are five different maps of varying difficulty – challenges you can take on with your favourite character.

various09_071024b.jpg

Each of the five maps is distinctive.

Some levels even have items that you may be able to use to cut your time even more.

Use all of your character’s skills to beat your own personal records!

various09_071024c.jpg

This is the pause screen.

If you fail, you can pause the game and try again. You can also check out the level layout while paused.

There is another announcement I’d like to make simultaneously...

This time, you can view replays. What this means is, the game records what you did in brawls or in Target Smash and lets you review it.

various09_071024d.jpg

About three minutes worth of replay data can be recorded.

It’s even possible to send replays of your most amazing times to your Wii Friends! If you compete against each other, things will surely heat up.

various09_071024e.jpg

Fire it off!

It feels great to use all of your knowledge and techniques to shave a hundredth of a second off your time. But you don’t have to do that to enjoy these features, so I hope you’ll give it a try regardless.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so two updates in one:

-The video replay feature is cool. Now we can save epic/hilarious moments and keep them for quite some time.

-However the target test update said 5 maps, right? I got the impression it was 5 maps total, which sucks. I liked my character-exclusive maps. I just hope it's actually 5 maps per character (which would rule).

I'm disappointed with the targets. In the other two games there was a stage for each character, but this time only 5? :(

I like the replays though.

yeah but he said with Various Difficulties only now you can choose 5 different maps the only reason i played break the targets , was becouse you had to unlock Some characters with that haha

i hope there is something similar like Multi man melee in it i loved that part where you had to smash more than 100 purple bastards into the sky

This time, you can view replays. What this means is, the game records what you did in brawls or in Target Smash and lets you review it.

It’s even possible to send replays of your most amazing times to your Wii Friends! If you compete against each other, things will surely heat up.

I didn't actually expect them to do that.

Am I the only one who thinks it's 5 maps og varying difficulty per character? The way he says "This time, there are five different maps of varying difficulty – challenges you can take on with your favourite character." strongly suggests that possibilty, I think.

It can also be read: "There are 5 different maps. You can just use your favorite character. No need to use the others"

It suggests that there are only 5. It's very vague, so we can't be sure until we see for ourselves.

If there are indeed only 5 total, it'll be the first (and hopefully last) update with actual bad news.

Am I the only one who thinks it's 5 maps og varying difficulty per character? The way he says "This time, there are five different maps of varying difficulty – challenges you can take on with your favourite character." strongly suggests that possibilty, I think.

Yeah that's how I read it at first!

But then after what others said and reading it again, I'm not sure.

Nice to see the Break the Targets is back, even if it's just to unlock a character or stage. As for replay, i was really hoping this would be in, there was talk over whether that would be the secret function (that blurry image in the update when we were told how we can send images online) so now we can speculate over that some more.