NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I haven't played VF since VF1 on the Saturn.

Is it any good?

Question: Is TF2 cross compatible between PC and 360, like Shadowrun?

Question: Is TF2 cross compatible between PC and 360, like Shadowrun?

No.

Valve don't support Games for Windows Live.

Just a heads up, Virtua Fighter 5 demo is on marketplace.

SWEET. Never played a VF game but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Better not be another game to play.

imo VF5 has nothing on DOA4. It doesnt have as much of a free flowing feel, if ya kno wot i mean lol. The moves seem robotic, doesnt link together nicely like DOA4 does.

No.

Valve don't support Games for Windows Live.

Rubbish. One of my friends doesn't have a 360, and I don't want to get it for the PC, since most of my other friends are getting it 360 too.

Bumsnakes. VF5 is a bit easy.

Fixed for accuracy.

Seriously, I went the blonde woman, and I got hit once. And I'm crap at fighters and didn't know the controls.

Fixed for accuracy.

Seriously, I went the blonde woman, and I got hit once. And I'm crap at fighters and didn't know the controls.

That is very true.

Still, the fundamentals seemed there.

Another possible purchase. Do not want.

is it true that TF2 on 360 will have half the amount of people online then the pc version

(example - 360 version 16 ppl max and pc 32 people max)

TBH if you have a PC good enough to run it then it makes no sense to buy Orange Box on 360. It's £10 more expensive, doesn't run as well, is released later and has half the number of players in TF2. What do you gain against all that? Achievements.

I have a PC which just barely meets the reqs for the Orange Box, but even if I had a shit hot PC, I'd still get the 360 version for the achievements. I'm going to buy the PC version as well when I upgrade though. :)

I just don't get the appeal of these achievement things. Admittedly I'm still not a part of the Wii-60 fraternity (hopefully tomorrow, or whenever my student loan comes through - you know the story). I mean, as a fun little aside marking amusing in-game events and odd high scores, fine, but going through the whole process of actively hunting them down to up your score... I mean, why? You crazy kids and your music etc.

I just don't get the appeal of these achievement things. Admittedly I'm still not a part of the Wii-60 fraternity (hopefully tomorrow, or whenever my student loan comes through - you know the story). I mean, as a fun little aside marking amusing in-game events and odd high scores, fine, but going through the whole process of actively hunting them down to up your score... I mean, why? You crazy kids and your music etc.

Before i got my 360 i was like achievements wtf. now im like ftw. they extend the amount of time you can play a game for etc and change the way you play and its fun.

I suppose they're rewarding and also can make you want to do things in the game that you may of missed.

Like completing the harder challenges, you normally might give up; but with achievements is makes you wanna complete them.

Before i got my 360 i was like achievements wtf. now im like ftw. they extend the amount of time you can play a game for etc and change the way you play and its fun.

Its true. THE 360 WILL CHANGE YOU.

Achievements can give ever depth/make something more rewarding or just be time consuming and repetive. I try to only do the ones that are enjoyable to play.

Some games have good achievement sets, some don't.

Some achievements take time to get, they may seem tedious people saying you're wasting your time getting some of the more time consuming ones.

But when you get it, it's oh so satisfying. (read - Hidden Orbs on Crackdown.)

I kind of use achievements to gauge how much I've got out of a game. Another thing is that I will sometimes come back to a game I probably wouldn't have to get a couple more.

I love the "blip" the achievement makes! So satisfying!

Achievements are win. When you get a 360 you'll love em, and miss em when you haven't got them on something else.

I love the "blip" the achievement makes! So satisfying!

Yeah the blip is awesome but it can be decieving. Like yesterday when me and Caris were trying to get the Endo achievement on PGR4, people kept signing into Live and evrytime we heard the BLINK we thought we had got the achievement :)