NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Am I looking forward to a 3-D Golden Axe? going on SEGA's history with these old games I not excited yet.

Never been a fan of the WWE Smackdown games. I play alot of the japanese wrestling games and find them much better. Give me a new Fire Pro on xbox live and I would be very happy.

Does the new smackdown game still use animations from the PS2 game.

dont know dude ive never owned a playstation console/handheld

as for the HoT abuse i ave no idea as ive never played a game with any of you guys

The Ghost Recon Advanced Warfrighter 2 saga continues as Ubisoft readies the Co-op Collection for release on Xbox Live next month. The collection features five new co-op campaign missions that continue the story of the game, with maps inspired Ghost Recons of the past, much like the Throwback Packs previously released. While the co-op maps are also usable in adversarial play, Ubisoft is including an additional 4 dedicated PVP maps for a total of 9. If that weren't enough, the collection also offers 9 new achievements for a total of 125 possible points to add to your gamerscore.

Awesome news as I loved GRAW 2.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix at Capcom's Gamer's Day Details

By now you've heard that Capcom showed a playable version of Super Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix at Gamer's Day. Things have changed since I last spoke about the game. Here are some new features we showed that we didn't think we'd be able to do when the project was first announced.

* Gameplay-wise, HD Remix is the next game in the SF2 series. Rebalanced and tons of changes.

* Includes an arcade perfect version of Super Turbo SF with no changes. Two games in one.

* Widescreen 16:9 support

* Remixed music

KenI'm very excited about the new gameplay. We've only shown Ken and Ryu so far, but the rest of the game is playing great already. I'm overseeing all the changes and getting feedback from tournament players along the way. I'll go into lots of detail about this new gameplay soon, but not quite yet.

The widescreen mode zooms in the camera but does not change gameplay. I was skeptical at first, but it's turning out surprisingly good. Even hardcore players seem to like it, even prefer it to the regular 4:3 mode.

Capcom is also committed to delivering the best online experience possible. I'm sure a lot of you have experienced the lag-free gameplay over at ggpo.net, which is definitely the best fighting game networking technology in the world. It's battle-tested and proven at this point, delivering a staggeringly low 1-frame of input delay, even across oceans. You'd think we'd be using that, right? Or should we try an untested solution that will, in theory, be as good? I'll let you draw your own conclusions there. Make sure to give your opinions over at capcom's blog.

I'm really not allowed to answer any questions here. In the coming weeks I hope to provide a lot more info on HD Remix's gameplay though, so stay tuned.

Sirlin

Bought Lumines too now and it is good.

God, I'm addicted to Live Arcade, 15 games now. Thats too much money to think about.

My 360 has been away for 8 days now :( Microsoft were pretty quick with me - 360 died last Tuesday and the UPS man was round on Thursday to pick it up. Mind you, Microsoft's site still says that they are waiting for my console at the Service Centre even though UPS say that they delivered it on Monday. I never thought going 360 cold turkey would be this hard - all the games I ordered before it broke have arrived in the mean time and I can't play them:blank:

it wiil be back on thures day proberly you normally get it on th day you sent it off (going to ^)

Downloaded SmackDown Vs Raw 2008 last night. An idea fueled from a night of playing WrestleMania 2000 and No Mercy on the N64 (classics)

The demo's pretty good. The graphics are amazing, and the commentary is undoubtedly the best I've ever heard in a WWF game. Controls take some getting used to, but I'm liking it.

I might buy it, now I know that Steve Austin, The Rock and Mick Foley are on it in the 'Legends' roster. But should I buy it?

Microsoft, according to insiders at Toshiba owner of the HD DVD patents, claim that Microsoft is working on a brand new Xbox that will incorporate not only a new HD DVD drive but a large hard drive and new entertainment software that is a spin off from its struggling media centre offering.

The device is being developed in response to the PS3 driving sales of games software and Blu-ray content in several countries. A recent Sony Brand Wave study conducted in five countries including the UK, Australia, France Germany and Spain revealed that a key reason that consumers are buying a PS3 is because it includes a Blu-ray player.

Recent GFK research reveals that the recently launched Xbox 360 HD DVD attach player is not selling well. Another factor that impacted early sales of the Xbox 360 was that Microsoft failed to include a HDMI port - omitted because Microsoft wanted to cut down the costs of the console in an effort to compete up against the PS3.

The new Xbox device, while allowing for extensive gaming capability, will be positioned as an entertainment hub that includes gaming and extensive wireless networking capability as well as 1080p playback. There is also talk of it including a dual HD TV tuner and EPG capability and a docking port for an MP3 player. For Toshiba, the device is critical if it is to be successful in beating Sony and the Blu-ray promoters.

Also being discussed is the development of an open standard docking port similar to the 17 pin iPod port. This would allow all manufacturers to use the same port for docking.

A senior Toshiba executive in Singapore told SmartHouse that "An Xbox with a built in HD DVD drive is critical. They and we are working on it. It also has to be more than a gaming machine. Microsoft recognise this. A version of the device may also be sold under the Toshiba brand name".

Scott Browning, the Marketing Director of JB HiFi Australia's second largest consumer electronics retailer said, "The device is a lay down mis`ere and essential for the HD DVD camp. We are told that one is coming. The PS3 has been extremely successful for Sony in getting Blu-ray off the ground and for Microsoft, the omission of a built in HD DVD player is set to hurt sales going forward as consumers are aware that the PS3 comes with a Blu-ray player."

Both Toshiba and Microsoft have also explored the possibility of a new open standard chassis system that allows an Xbox to be slotted into a HD TV screen over 40-inch. The open standard bays will allow hard drives to be upgraded and expanded similar to the way that users can upgrade the hard drive on a PC.

Another big problem for Microsoft according to insiders is getting the heat and noise output from the current Xbox 360 under control so that the new device can run silently while a movie is being played. It is known that Toshiba has been working with Microsoft on this issue as it has extensive experience in notebooks and "quiet" drives. Currently most iPods incorporate a Toshiba drive.

Another benefit for Microsoft in moving to a new Xbox platform is that it can introduce new components that are less likely to fail. Currently the PS3 has a failure rate of under two percent. Recently Microsoft was forced to allow for a $1.3 billion charge against warranty claims following reports of up to a 30 percent failure rate of the original Xbox 360.

The new device is expected to be released late in 2008 or at the 2009 CES show in Las Vegas.

Where the chuff is the thread for free hd dvds. Hope i can find my recept - its my warrenty. unless caris was pulling my leg

DMC4 - February 2008

Just a quick question, the VGA cable for a 360... does this just mean you can connect it to a monitor? is it better quailty than a normal tv? ive noticed that my hdtv has a VGA port on the back, will using a VGA cable be better quality than the HD one that comes with the 360? thanks :)

Grr, the last 5 video challenges for the Thrasher mag on skate. are fucking ahrd >:(

Just got a Falcon 360 Premium today, they feel so much better than the old crap. Run much cooler too.