NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Traded for a Falcon. :smile: Cost me next to nothing as i "downgraded". It has HDMI though.

Just got a Falcon 360 Premium today, they feel so much better than the old crap. Run much cooler too.

lol and you say I should stop trading consoles :)

Isnt it like a 1 in 3,000,000 chance of getting it with a falcon?

A official statistic is that 33% of all launch 360s have/will fail. I think thateveryone knows that is bollocks, itll be much much higher

Isnt it like a 1 in 3,000,000 chance of getting it with a falcon?

Not really sure. Im not that techinical minded. I have my Elite and I kept my premium as a spare so methinks im set. If they both knack up I will probably "upgrade" to a Falcon.

Me and a few mates were on about how unreliable the 360 machine is, its pretty crazy. I dont understand how they could have screwed it up so badly in terms of the hardware. What is the problem with it? Cheap parts or something?

I thought they were just the ones with the 60nm chips or whatever they are called?

Yeah, it's just a smaller processor which generates less heat. It is quieter because it does not need as much cooling (fans).

Not really sure. Im not that techinical minded. I have my Elite and I kept my premium as a spare so methinks im set. If they both knack up I will probably "upgrade" to a Falcon.

Me and a few mates were on about how unreliable the 360 machine is, its pretty crazy. I dont understand how they could have screwed it up so badly in terms of the hardware. What is the problem with it? Cheap parts or something?

Taiwanese sweat-factory workers are shite

Okay basic jist:

Falcon = 65nm CPU, but still has the 90nm GPU... thats what the main problem was.

Jasper is now in development and due out this time next year, it'll have both the 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU. Meaning far less problems.

The higher the nanometre, the more power a chip requires, thus more heat. Due to the insane heat and the stupidly little amount of cooling the 360 has this causes the issues.

The main problem with the 360 is this: It has heatsinks on the chips, with fans sucking the heat out the back via copper pipes. This is a stupid idea with so much power. Compare a Radeon x1900, the 360 GPU is quite similiar.

r580.jpg

Look at that cooler. Its huge. I'd rather have a slightly larger console with one that doesn't break down with propper directly cooled chips.

Taiwanese sweat-factory workers are shite

Ah, so thats where that finger in my disc tray came from. Everything makes sense now :)

lmbo. Mao Chinchang can no longer provide for his family through loss of fingers

lmbo. Mao Chinchang can no longer provide for his family through loss of fingers

Aslong as I have got my 360 I dont care for Mao Chinchangs problems, the guy should have put it in the accident book at work and sued.

The solicitor wants 25cents an hour and Mao only gets paid 10cents a day.

There is a '0 days without an accident' sign though

<3 Jordan's post

Everyone ignored my informative post :(

Im grateful for your post but I didnt have a clue what it all meant? So are you like selling these things or what? :)

The solicitor wants 25cents an hour and Mao only gets paid 10cents a day.

There is a '0 days without an accident' sign though

LMBO

Im grateful for your post but I didnt have a clue what it all meant? So are you like selling these things or what? :)

...Eh?

What?

No, right.

The x1900's GPU is 'basically' the same as the 360's GPU. Only i showed how its cooled within the PC and we all know how its cooled on a 360.

I was basically saying how bad the 360 is cooled hense why all the faliures.

...Eh?

What?

No, right.

The x1900's GPU is 'basically' the same as the 360's GPU. Only i showed how its cooled within the PC and we all know how its cooled on a 360.

I was basically saying how bad the 360 is cooled hense why all the faliures.

Ah I see. So in a nutshell the 360 fails due to a bad cooling system.

Whats a Falcon 360?

360 run by hundreds of tiny Captain Falcons. Obviously.

360 run by hundreds of tiny Captain Falcons. Obviously.

Hmm so when they all simultaneously initiate a "Falcon Punch" won't that potentially just be another set of three red lights waiting to happen? ;)

Well, even though the GPU is still 90nm (although the dRAM went 65nm) My 360 is barley warm after playing all night. It's alot, and i really mean alot cooler then my Elite.

Like Jordan said, too much heat. What this is casuing is the motherboard to warp and with the crappy X-clamp heatsink deisgn means that the Graphics/Processing chip is being pulled away from the heatsink with the warp. Not only do the Falcons have new chips but also new heatsinks which stop the warping :smile:.

Makes you wonder why they didn't have 65nm chips from the start...

65nm's have been around since late P4's its not like its a new technology. Hell the new Core 2 Quads are 45nm.