NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Currently flying through Sega Superstars tennis. If anyone wants a weirdly controlled, easy points game... Here's one to get. Hit 65% last night.

Finished my first playthrough of Mass Effect last night. Rather epic at the end. However, I didn't get teh achievements for the teammates I'd selected for the 'majority' of the game. There were two side-quests I didn't finish - one I couldn't, as it required going back to the citadel, and the otherone I just couldn't be arsed - Getting some info on a disc from Feros for some dude.

Finished on level 50, so I'm playing through again on hardcore with the same character, and don't know whether I should just race through the story again or try and do everything again. Scouring the planets was getting a bit tiresome after my fifth 5-hour session.

Killing the giant worms on hardcore will make you wanna put a icepick between your ears.

You have been warned.

Currently flying through Sega Superstars tennis. If anyone wants a weirdly controlled, easy points game... Here's one to get. Hit 65% last night.

Got it on PS3 and found it one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. It just seems random. Controls, CPU performance, score. Random.

just went around the city center and couldnt find ONE copy of rock band 2 :(

played the wii version down a mates last night and really want it now

Got it on PS3 and found it one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. It just seems random. Controls, CPU performance, score. Random.

Yeah, the JSR court games are the worst. Where you have to perfect the tags. Jesus, it took me 30 minutes and i was swearing like crazy.

Yeah, the JSR court games are the worst. Where you have to perfect the tags. Jesus, it took me 30 minutes and i was swearing like crazy.

That was virtually impossible. Especially as the yellow and green look exactly the same (to me).

Still, the rest of the game was a lot of fun.

FF XIII delayed till 2010???!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU!!!

Delayed?

It never had a date in the first place and no one goes into the FF13 topic. :(

Hmm problem.

Tried setting up xbox live last night, ideally it should be relatively easy. But apprently my ''mtu'' levels aren't high enough?

1. What the heck is that?

2. Can it be sorted?

Hmm problem.

Tried setting up xbox live last night, ideally it should be relatively easy. But apprently my ''mtu'' levels aren't high enough?

1. What the heck is that?

2. Can it be sorted?

It stands for Maximum Transmission Unit and, as the name implies, is the largest size (in bytes) that a data packet can be on that network. To get the most out of your bandwidth you want an MTU that's high but isn't too large for your connection to process smoothly; better to take bites than nibbles, but you don't want to choke.

It can be sorted! How? Well, I started getting out of my depth with the food analogy. A quick Google says that the minimum MTU required by Live is 1364, but I'm not sure if you're actually able to change things at your end; I've no idea if you've access to your router, and it's possibly something that has to be handled by the university's ISP. That said I'm sure the campus staff can do something about it if you ask them, and I find it very unlikely that you're the only student that's ever wanted to get onto Live. So, my suggestion: complain.

University squats might have their own bitchin' systems that quash online gaming; they don't like the potential bandwidth hogging :( sadface!

Mine were alright with it, just had to give them my mac address so they could let it through. Even better in Portsmouth uni; just plug in and play.

My old halls let you unblock 10 ports or 5 ranges of ports (or any mix of the two) and that was your lot. Made PC gaming possible for most games if you planned a day or two ahead (the rounter rebooted at midday each day so you had to edit your port selections before then) but Live just didn't work.

Daft thing was it was all done to stop people from torrenting. In the end all that happened was the guys in the Student Village used to bittorent 24/7 and then share it with the rest of the uni over the LAN (the SV was on the Uni network but each house also had a phone line and cable, pretty much everyone had private net connections).

Here's the GTA DLC details

Rockstar Games announced today that The Lost and Damned, its Xbox 360 exclusive storyline expansion, will include five new achievements totalling 250G. The content is rumoured to sell for 1600MSP (or the equivalent of US$19.99) when it is added to LIVE on February 17th. The full list of new achievements is:

Get Good Wood - 50G - In bike races, whack off 69 bikers with a bat.

Easy Rider - 100G - Finish the story.

Full Chat - 70G - Your backup are riding at their best!

The Lost Boy - 25G - All hail the leader of The Lost!

One Percenter - 5G - Billy is back on his bike.

Also the new update and achievements for Gears 2 are now available.

1600 points? hmmmm quite a bit :S

Argh this is annoying me so much. I'm finding it bloody impossible to find a shop stocking Rock band 2 (with a guitar) for the 360. Don't think i've found one shop with it, which is frustrating because I want it over world tour because i know the RB instruments work on WT. Hmmm :( I assume world tour instruments work on RB though right? Looks like I might just have to buy that then...

Rock Band 2 instruments still aren't out yet afaik. Pick up a Rock Band guitar on its own and the game separately.

The only differences between the RB1 and RB2 guitars is the self calibration stuff on the guitar.

Just got Beautiful Katamari in the post (was £10 on Play)... All I can say after 15 minutes is wow. It's quirky, odd, yet fun. Hopefully it's not time consuming so I can get through it.

Mmm. 1600 points is a little steep. Will have to see reviews to ensure it's big enough to justify the cost.

Rock Band 2 instruments still aren't out yet afaik. Pick up a Rock Band guitar on its own and the game separately.

The only differences between the RB1 and RB2 guitars is the self calibration stuff on the guitar.

Oh right! Well went into Gamestation and they said they'd only recieved 3 copies of RB2 when it came out and haven't recieved stock since :wtf: I'll order it off amazon though and then search around for the game. Cheers for that Jordan, the whole RB/GH thing is so confusing, argh.

Get World Tour, the guitar is a lot better! I prefer the game as well, but that's a matter of taste really. You can get RB2 later when the instruments launch (hopefully there'll be some sort of Mic, Drums + Game pack like there is in the US).

Get World Tour, the guitar is a lot better! I prefer the game as well, but that's a matter of taste really. You can get RB2 later when the instruments launch (hopefully there'll be some sort of Mic, Drums + Game pack like there is in the US).

yeah I'm going to buy GH:WT with a guitar and then a seperate copy of Rock Band 2 with nothing. Then when Guitar Hero metallica comes out i'll get that with a guitar! Sorted.

Hmmm came across the Alan Wake trailer earlier..damn i realy hope we hear more about it soon. That and Splinter Cell were two of the reasons I really wanted to get a 360 in the first place.