NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

You could get both. They're both good games, yet I failed to get into them.

Last night I restarted Fable 2. The first game I've played that wasn't Rock Band 2 in 2009. I'm determined to play this one through.

Some day, I'll try and play through both Gears of War.

I need to save money for Tales of Vesperia's release which means while both are still under sale offers I can only get one while both are on offer. So it looks like I might be going for Fallout 3 like I originally thought of getting.

Started fable 2 again, makin a purely evil char, its fun so far after playing my last proper character so much on the good side.

Still looking for 2 trading guides if anyone can hoook me up, i have plenty of the other items :/

That's because Gears just felt far to clunky and heavy as a shooter and wasn't an overall great game, and I really don't care what anyone says it's really not that great a single player experience, and the multiplayer isn't great (what are you on about Dyson, it takes ages to get a group through random matchmaking and then you don't really get a proper choice over what you play. And it's very laggy. Not what I'd call decent online).

k lol

There's a reason both Gears games have sold over 9 million copies combined y'know.

Personally, I'd say you should at least try both games but if you could only have one, I'd say Fallout 3 over Gears of War 2. That's because Gears just felt far to clunky and heavy as a shooter and wasn't an overall great game, and I really don't care what anyone says it's really not that great a single player experience, and the multiplayer isn't great (what are you on about Dyson, it takes ages to get a group through random matchmaking and then you don't really get a proper choice over what you play. And it's very laggy. Not what I'd call decent online).

your wrong!

Gears 2 is mint story, even better in co-op, ignore this fooool and grab gears!

Though i will agree, not too good online imo, but my mates seem to love it, and spend countless hours on it, so i cant say it sucks online.

Fallout 3 is good, but i thought it got a bit boring after a while. I got to level 14 and lost interest, ill go back to it one day :/

@ Dyson - yeh probably because the majority of games on the 360 are shooters and many of the people playing the 360 buy into them. They may have sold a combined 9 million but how many of those were returned the week after release? I remembering see loads of pre-owned GoW2 in several GAMEs and Gamestations around me a week after release.

And the story in 2 is crap, if you can call it a story. Ok, I didn't play the first one but really it wasn't great storywise. The only interesting aspect was with Dom and Maria(?) but apart from that it was a pretty bog-standard affair on that front. Anyways, I'm really not going to argue about whether GoW is a good game or not. As I said, he should pick up both Fallout 3 and GoW2 if he could so you should be happy that I'm recommending it, regardless of whether I liked it or not.

I never took the story in Gears seriously, it's just an excuse to pwn as many Locust as possible, thats where the appeal lies, the action, explosions and set-pieces and when it's all done theres an (apparently) engaging online experience to be had which I've only played a few times but I can see the appeal.

The gears story was alright, not bad. Don't go expecting Bioshock/Braid though.

And no one said gears is good is single player. It's a co-op game. Playing single player kinda defeats the point imo.

@ Dyson - yeh probably because the majority of games on the 360 are shooters and many of the people playing the 360 buy into them. They may have sold a combined 9 million but how many of those were returned the week after release? I remembering see loads of pre-owned GoW2 in several GAMEs and Gamestations around me a week after release.

And the story in 2 is crap, if you can call it a story. Ok, I didn't play the first one but really it wasn't great storywise. The only interesting aspect was with Dom and Maria(?) but apart from that it was a pretty bog-standard affair on that front. Anyways, I'm really not going to argue about whether GoW is a good game or not. As I said, he should pick up both Fallout 3 and GoW2 if he could so you should be happy that I'm recommending it, regardless of whether I liked it or not.

You should of played the first one before hand, you wouldnt of related to characters as much as you should of, the smile on my face when cole came back made it all worth it, WOOOO BABY

I intend to pick up the first Gears at some point. It was going really cheap in Gamestation but they seem to have bastardised their pre-owned 360 games section and increased the price on it and several other things I was wanting to get my hands on. Was gonna pick up Just Cause and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 again on their 4 for £20 deal but they got rid of that and increased the prices for these. But I'll get it at some point.

Yeah Emerald. Unless you have someone to play local co-op campaign with.

I'm currently most of the way through Fable II achievement points, just need a few now.

Anyone who wants to give me a hand with the Completionist and Doll Collector Achievements holla my way. Should be on over the weekend.

After Fable, i've got Prince of Persia and Nuts and Bolts to plow through before buying new games.

If my two cents are worth anything still;

Gears is an excellent co-op game. That's what it's all about, for me. I don't have Gold so I don't go online, and seeing as you don't either then you'll probably be better off with Fallout simply because the game is so sprawling and time-consuming, and there is so much to do. It can keep you busy until you've saved up enough to go back to gears :)

I'm currently most of the way through Fable II achievement points, just need a few now.

Anyone who wants to give me a hand with the Completionist and Doll Collector Achievements holla my way. Should be on over the weekend.

After Fable, i've got Prince of Persia and Nuts and Bolts to plow through before buying new games.

I still have to finish fable and start Banjo.

I still can't really get my head around that damn game. Maybe I need some alcohol whilst playing?

When your moving on too Banjo, you should drink so much that you've forgotten that you have the game :heh:

I still have to finish fable and start Banjo.

I still can't really get my head around that damn game. Maybe I need some alcohol whilst playing?

Fable is great once you get right into it. I was taking my time with the first file, the second one i just plowed through. Now just enjoying the extra quests.

I got Fallout 3 in the end. (Who didn't see that coming?)

Also J7, If i do get around to getting Gears of War 2 it might be a ways off yet, this choice was get or delay for ages decision for me since there are other game commitments I'm sticking too.

Fallout 3, well it's pretty interesting, though I should save more often, I played a quest or 2 then got my self in a situation where I needed to go back to the proper save which was still at leaving the Vault.

You should of played the first one before hand, you wouldnt of related to characters as much as you should of, the smile on my face when cole came back made it all worth it, WOOOO BABY

Gotta agree with this man, the Coletrains return was awesome. Finished GoW2 the other day, quality game. Very short and easy (on normal setting) but very fun. I thought one of the big improvements on the first game actually was the story.

Fair enough EE :) Fallout should keep you busy for ages. Not sure how replayable the game is, as it takes it out of you by being so damn hard most of the time.

I've gotten well and truly wedged into Mass Effect - already planning extra runs through when I'm done. Shorty had pestered me for ages to play it, and I've probably had three or four sessions and I've racked up around 14 hours easily. It's not as punishing as Fallout, indeed not as immersive but there's a hell of a lot of thought that has gone into the entire universe (as it were) that the game depicts. The storyline is way more ZOMG NO WAI than I ever thought it would be, and I've still got parts of the game to go.

Way more enjoyable than Fable 2 (which, ultimately, I think only had humour and awesome looking fight sequences) and quicker to get into than Blue Dragon. Mass Effect is easily a tenner in most places, and well worth a look if you haven't already!

Mass Effect is probably my second favourite 360 game behind only Bioshock. Wonder when we will get some info on the sequel? They did say it's planned as a trilogy and that they wanted all three to be released on the 360, so it could possibly be out as early as this year.

My moan of the day: Gears of War 2. Near the end when you are defending the Com Tower, and you have to man the turret and kill 6 reavers. Why do none of the AI get on the second tower? I realise the game is intended as a co-op game, and I have done most of the game co-op, but I just so happened to be solo at this point and I couldn't get past. Best I got alone was 3, never mind six. Gonna have to play it later with a friend, but thats a serious oversight, surely? How is anybody supposed to complete that if they don't have XBL or a second controller?

^ There'll be info on Mass Effect 2, and gameplay footage, because Bioware are doing a speech on the graphical representation of the second Mass Effect. So it's safe to assume we'll be seeing and hearing more of it very soon.

OK something weird is happening to my 360 just now so I hope one of you guys can help me!

Over the last couple of days whenever I try to download something off of Live, it starts the download fine but whenever I play a game it stops downloading and I get a message that pops up to tell me that downloading has stopped.

As soon as I quit the game it resumes downloading. This never used to happen but now all of a sudden it is no matter what I try to download. When it does download, its gotten really slow as well so what I need to know is, do you guys think its something wrong with my network or my 360? Everything else is working fine its just this and its starting to annoy me slightly. Any help would be great!

It always does that in games that have multiplayer support, so you don't lag during the game.

Hmm, well I have been playing a lot of Lost Planet lately so maybe that's it - I never knew that about multiplayer games.