NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

LOTR: Conquest demo states that the demo is not representative of the final title. I can only hope that the final game is a hell of a lot better than that piece of crap I just played. It looks sub-par for a 360/PS3 title and lets face it, the online is a shambles. They're pushing the online 16 player battles but really when you can finally get a connection it's awful. Connection problems, huge lag and virtualy unplayable. The game is out in just under two weeks so I can't honestly see how the demo can't be representative of the final game.

I tried the single player part of the demo and I got bored of it pretty fast. It just didnt seem as fun as the Star Wars: Battlefront games :( Does anyone how many players this allows for online co-op for campaign mode?

Edit: scrap that. It appears that the 360 version is getting 4 player online co-op but the PS3 version is only getting 2 player online co-op.

I agree though. It's not a patch on the SW: Battlefront titles.

I have been playing Devil May Cry 4 this weekend and I think im nearing the end and so far its been a very meh experience. Its a slap in the face when you switch characters only to essentially play through the first half of the game again :( Im having a hard time being Dante as I was so used to using the arm move with Nero :heh:

Yeah... That was always an issue with DMC4. Dante's pace just destroys it.

Shame, ruined what could have been a brilliant game.

My thoughts were the same as well! I loved using Nero's arm move to combo in with others.

It did make it feel bit cheap with going back through the same levels... doing the same bosses...

My thoughts were the same as well! I loved using Nero's arm move to combo in with others.

It did make it feel bit cheap with going back through the same levels... doing the same bosses...

Thats what peed me off the most about the game....its just lazy on their part, having to play the 1st half all over again.....was still a good game though, enjoyed it.

anyone tried that LOTR thing?

I played the Single player training Mission and it was not good. Was hoping for something much better but it was essentially bashing X. Which was fun for a a minute (FIRE SWORD :p) but the whole thing felt clunky.

For some reason I can't stop playing the online multiplayer though. It's not bad for killing an hour on a Sunday. I like the different classes and I feel in the multiplayer the are very well balanced and not one is to overpowered.

Burning down Ents with my fire arrows is more fun than it should be. :p

Get a years in-store warranty with Game if it becomes faulty.

Managed to swap it for another console, and plus let them take my 20GB HD so I could have a 60GB. So no complaints here. :heh:

I payed around £30 extra at Gamestation on the £190 60GB & Gears Of War 1 + 2 & Far Cry 2 deal and so my warranty lasts for three years. Not a bad deal eh? :heh:

My tag is: Grandwicky

If anyone wants to add it :smile:

So im on mission 19 with Nero and once again I have to go through that stupid board game rubbish and not only that but I have to fight bosses for a 3rd freaking time. Im so glad I waited a year and only paid a tenner for this.

Microsoft will embark on a significant cost-cutting initiative in 2009, which might begin as early as this month, to offset a global slowdown in sales. However, sources tell Jim Goldman of CNBC, the cuts will largely be handled through attrition and the non-renewal of contract employees, rather than through a rumored, sweeping layoff.

Rumors of a broad workforce reduction at the world's largest software maker have been swirling since a blog post last week purported to show that Microsoft was preparing to lay off as many as 15,000 employees, or 17 percent of its workforce. A Microsoft source tells Goldman that the speculation is "grossly exaggerated," but added that "any company not paying careful attention to headcount in a climate like this is nuts." Calls and emails to Microsoft Saturday morning were not immediately returned.

One of the units already seeing cutbacks is Microsoft's sagging browser business. A report in the Seattle Times says 180 contract workers were told last month that their services would not be renewed. Just yesterday, researcher Net Applications reported that Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser registered 68 percent market share in December, down from 74 percent in May.

www.msnbc.msn.com

Treasure's Maegawa: Microsoft Asked For Radiant Silvergun On XBLA

Talking to Gamasutra as part of an in-depth new interview, Treasure CEO Masato Maegawa has revealed that Microsoft asked it to remake classic shoot'em-up Radiant Silvergun for XBLA -- though Treasure hasn't yet decided whether to do it.

Originally released to arcades and the Sega Saturn in Japan in 1998 Radiant Silvergun was the precursor to Treasure's other revered shoot'em-up, Ikaruga.

Though the game never saw a Western release, it has developed its own cult following, part of its appeal owing to its expensive import pricing and rarity, but also due to its unique weapons systems, which forgoes power-ups in favor of offering seven different weapons accessible at any time.

With the popularity of downloadable console games, Maegawa reflects on the possibilities of re-releasing Radiant Silvergun on a console service, commenting, "I think we'd definitely like to see it out there. But the situation around that game is a bit different from Ikaruga, so I don't know if we'd see it on [Xbox Live]."

"Microsoft actually asked us if we could put it out," he says. "We're thinking about it, certainly, but it's not as simple as just saying 'OK, let's put it up.' I mean, sure, with Ikaruga, we released it as-is without having to do or add a great deal to the game, and it was popular and well accepted for what it was."

"But if you play Radiant Silvergun nowadays, it's certainly aged in assorted ways, and I'm not sure they're all good," he adds, laughing.

You can read the full Treasure interview with CEO Masato Maegawa on the company's future and celebrated releases, like Bangai-O and Ikaruga (no registration required, please feel free to link to this feature from other websites).

Anyone else played You're In The Movies?

Me and Letty played it last night. Lots of effort required, camera doesn't work well unless you have a completely blank wall behind you.

Anyone else played You're In The Movies?

Me and Letty played it last night. Lots of effort required, camera doesn't work well unless you have a completely blank wall behind you.

Just what kinda movies were you guys making??!! :heh:

Well... "Everyones Super" and "MADE OF MAN" were two of them :p

Well... "Everyones Super" and "MADE OF MAN" were two of them :p

They don't sound like PG titles to me.:o

I decided against getting You're In The Movies when I saw you didn't get Burt Reynolds with it. :heh: But seriously, just didn't appeal to me much. Reminds me abit of playing the Eyetoy games and I sort of enjoyed them so perhaps I'd enjoy this.

Also, I don't know if many have it but does anyone who has CoD:W@W on the 360 notice that it looks worse than CoD4 at many points? It's an alright game but it does look a bit worse for wear than CoD4. And I hate how they have set it up so you have to complete it on Veteran to get the achievements. I'm doing it on Hardened, on below veteran, and I'm getting virtually nothing. Ridiculous.

Out of curiousity how much do you lot pay for gold xbl? I've been looking around and the cheapest was £35 for a year, Dan Dare said he'd got his for £25.

I decided against getting You're In The Movies when I saw you didn't get Burt Reynolds with it. :heh: But seriously, just didn't appeal to me much. Reminds me abit of playing the Eyetoy games and I sort of enjoyed them so perhaps I'd enjoy this.

Also, I don't know if many have it but does anyone who has CoD:W@W on the 360 notice that it looks worse than CoD4 at many points? It's an alright game but it does look a bit worse for wear than CoD4. And I hate how they have set it up so you have to complete it on Veteran to get the achievements. I'm doing it on Hardened, on below veteran, and I'm getting virtually nothing. Ridiculous.

Its been the same for every Call of Duty. itll be pretty hard to get all of the small achievements but you should get the level achievements.

Xbox Records Best Christmas Ever in Euroland, Over 8 million Units to Date

Xbox® today revealed sales data showing Christmas 2008 was the biggest sales period ever in the brand’s six-year European history, with sales of Xbox 360™ almost double those of Christmas 2007[1]. Eight million Xbox 360 consoles have been sold in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA)[2] up to the end of 2008, widening its lead over PlayStation 3 in the region to more than one million and setting the scene for further growth in 2009.

GfK-ChartTrack data shows that Xbox 360 was the fastest-growing console of 2008, with sales in the fourth quarter of 2008 over double that of the same period in 2007, spurred on by a mix of value, great games and entertainment, and the recently-launched New Xbox Experience.

Chris Lewis, Regional Vice President, Interactive Entertainment Business EMEA, said: “Christmas 2008 was a resounding success for Xbox 360. 2008 saw us grow faster than any of our competitors and we over-achieved in sales during the crucial Christmas selling period. We reduced the entry-level Xbox 360 ERP in September, understanding the need for great value, and European consumers have responded enthusiastically. With eight million consoles sold since we launched, and consistently out-selling PlayStation 3 in EMEA, we’re poised to build on this success in 2009. This success was only possible through our partnerships with retail and with publishers, with whom we’ve worked closely to build a strong ecosystem in the region and to bring value to our shared customer base. As we move into 2009 and an uncertain economic climate, we continue to be committed to offering the right blend of gaming and entertainment experiences at the right price.”

Nick Gibson, Founding Analyst, Games Investor Consulting, said: “Microsoft appears to have enjoyed an excellent end to 2008 in Europe. According to GFK Chart Track data, the Xbox 360 recorded in excess of 100% growth in December sales compared to 2007 across the UK, France, Italy, Germany and Spain, well ahead of any other console. It also recorded comfortably the highest rate of year-on-year growth for the final quarter of 2008 overall.”

Nick Parker, Founder and Games Analyst, Parker Consulting, said: “I have seen early returns for the December 2008 sales data indicating that Xbox 360 has shown a significant sales increase year on year and furthermore is ahead of its nearest rival in terms of lifetime consumer hardware sales in the EMEA region, with an installed base of over eight million units.”

- Ends -

[1] Sales figures are Microsoft estimates based upon GfK-ChartTrack data

[2] EMEA region includes: UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia, Hungary, Slovakia, South Africa, and UAE

Out of curiousity how much do you lot pay for gold xbl? I've been looking around and the cheapest was £35 for a year, Dan Dare said he'd got his for £25.

The cheapest place I know of is this website, who are apparently trustworthy. I haven't used them myself yet so I can't vouch for them personally, but £27 for a year (£29 for 13 months) is the best price I've seen discounting misprices, vouchers, or other opportunistic savings.

The banner on that site has a backwards controller... Well, the buttons and the left analogue are the wrong way around.

It hurts :(

The banner on that site has a backwards controller... Well, the buttons and the left analogue are the wrong way around.

It hurts :(

LOL that's actually hilarious! haha oh god i'd be pretty careful using that site..

dammit... Fallout has just left a big empty hole.. nothing I play can hold my attention like that game.. but I think I have seen what I need to see in that game.. but maybe ill play it through again for the hacking and speech achievement at some point oh and the weaponsmith

dammit... Fallout has just left a big empty hole.. nothing I play can hold my attention like that game.. but I think I have seen what I need to see in that game.. but maybe ill play it through again for the hacking and speech achievement at some point oh and the weaponsmith

Do you have Oblivion? You might enjoy that.

I noticed you only have 100/1000 gamerscore for Mass Effect, maybe you should go back and give that another try? Brilliant game, I still prefer it to Fallout 3 I think.

Mass Effect is a brilliant games. Finished it twice and started a third file but don't think I'll play it through again just now.

Got rid of Dead Space on 360 today. Had had my fill of it after finishing it and don't really want to get all of the achievements. I may get it again in the future to play it through again as it was a really good game. But, having got rid of it I picked up another copy of The Orange Box. :yay: Such an awesome game and at £14.98 you can't not buy it. Got it for some Team Fortress 2 action as I always enjoyed that and it'll be a little better than CoD:W@W online. So there'll be some long nights spent playing it again and spamming the Yanks with the MEDIC! call on the Heavy.