NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I might get myself a copy of the Orange Box as well....especially if they're going for cheap. I've already borrowed the game and completed all the titles but all of the games were so damn good that I have to have a copy of these masterpieces for myself.

Just as I remembered, it's still quite hard to get a decent connection on Team Fortress 2. Managed to get a couple of decent matches but I got called away from them so had to stop playing.

I believe there's an update on it's way (finally) with a load of network fixes and the extras that the PC version has gained since release. The lack of updates has been caused by disagreements between Valve and Microsoft. Valve don't want to charge for the new stuff but MS won't host it for free, hence the whole thing has taken a while. In the mean time they've written some network fixes for the update (these will be free).

Still, it's far better on PC :p

Yeh, that was one of the main reasons I got hold of it again. Wanting to try the updates that they'll give us. Although it seems like anyone like myself with the 360 version is going to have to wait a hell of a long time before we can get our hands on them. Anyone with the PS3 version should just buy the PC version as they won't be getting any.

It is quite bad for online matches though. I joined some tonight that had a 3 bar strength connection only to start playing and have it jumping all over the place. Bit hit and miss but I did have some good matches and one strange match where whenever you jumped you floated up extremely high and don't know why it happened. Just ruined it really as my team had built turrets up above the other teams base. Still, the Dustbowl level, with 16 players, is one of the best bits of online coop/shooting available. So much fun.

Can I transfer xbox saves with a system link cable from a sofmodded xbox to a regular xbox? I'm talking about the original xbox. I would just put the sofmod installer deluxe files on my memory card and transfer, but I can't find the stupid thing. Thanks.

I noticed you only have 100/1000 gamerscore for Mass Effect, maybe you should go back and give that another try? Brilliant game, I still prefer it to Fallout 3 I think.

yup.. It just didn't click with me at the time but i will give it another go in a while.. and yes I have oblivion.. but it was doomed from the start as my first xbox360 kept on giving me the old "Disc dirty or damaged" message.. made some games unplayable.. so maybe ill have a go at that also

Yeah i loved it, was ranked 87th in the world too ;)

But i really don't like 2, it seems a lot more like Tony Hawks.

Fable 2 or Fallout 3?

I'm put off with Fable 2 because it looks like the type of game I'll love for a day, then never play again. I'm pretty bad these days, I need something consistently fun to hold my attention. Fallout 3 looks pretty damn depressing, and a lot like Oblivion (which I disliked...) aside from that, they both look like amazing games... arrrghhh!!

Don't you miss the days you could pick up anything off of the shelf in Whoolies' and find something to love about it?

Fallout 3 looks pretty damn depressing, and a lot like Oblivion (which I disliked...)

If it helps, I absolutely hated Oblivion. I loved Fallout 3.

If it helps, I absolutely hated Oblivion. I loved Fallout 3.

me too,

but personally, i enjoyed fable 2 a lot more than fallout!

Fable 2 was possibly my favourite game of 2008.

And mine. Followed by Left 4 Dead. Everything else has been pretty average, though if i had a PS3 i'm sure Little Big Planet would sneak in there in 3rd place.

I'm yet to try Fallout 3 though, much looking forward to it whenever i get around to purchasing :smile:

Finished CoD:W@W. That single player was kinda boring. Even the bits in the 'jungle' weren't great. Nazi Zombie thing is alright but I've only played it in single player myself but really can't see it being a big draw for me. I'll hold onto it a little longer for the online multiplayer but it's kinda annoying me with how easy my guy can be killed. For instance, I can unload an entire clip into someone online and they won't die. They take one shot at me in the chest and I'm dead. Seems fair :indeed: pfft.... might just go back to TF2.

So, so far in this short amount of time known as 2009, I've completed 3 360 games. Not bad.

Finished CoD:W@W. That single player was kinda boring. Even the bits in the 'jungle' weren't great. Nazi Zombie thing is alright but I've only played it in single player myself but really can't see it being a big draw for me. I'll hold onto it a little longer for the online multiplayer but it's kinda annoying me with how easy my guy can be killed. For instance, I can unload an entire clip into someone online and they won't die. They take one shot at me in the chest and I'm dead. Seems fair :indeed: pfft.... might just go back to TF2.

So, so far in this short amount of time known as 2009, I've completed 3 360 games. Not bad.

Did you enjoy the end scene? I thought it was epic when....

You carried the Russian flag, got shot but then carried on to place it for all to see. Fantastic!

I thought I would have but I didn't. It just kind of reminded me of the ending to CoD4 abit except you don't get to do anything. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger, you know.

You're carrying the flag but there's still loads of shooting and enemies around you still battling in real time. You're dashing to plant the flag and an enemy sniper clips you leg and down you go. Said sniper is then hit with a molotov from someone and you're helped to your feet by another comrade and limp in to plant the flag. That's how I would have had the ending.

Will admit though that the last two levels were the best in the game. The second last one with the 4 artillery things took me ages to get a decent run through there. And got squashed at the end of that level the first time I did it. I just happened to be standing in the exact spot where the you-know-what falls. :heh: Only I could manage it.

fallout 3 is the best game ive played this gen....DEFO worth a purchase

Totally agree, so addictive.

Well, I left my purchases up to fate/ebay. I put a bid on two, and won Fable 2 for £20! Pretty darn happy about that.

My next purchase will be Fallout 3. Promise.

well im well into oblivion now.. but had to spend a lot of time today getting rid of my urge to "feed".. damn annoying if you ask me.. ill do some more guild work and then finish the story line..

What does 2 red lights mean, player position 1 and 3? Apparantly it means overheating but my disk drive has fucked itself all of a sudden as well. I have 12 days left on my warranty.

on your 3 year rrod warranty or the whole thing? You might want to get it repaired/exchanged while you can still do it for free.