NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Original plan Stop N Swop - hell yeah! Can't wait for April now...

Yeah, just read this about 5 minutes ago, now i'm gonna go download BK!

what are games like in 1080p?

Do games like Halo 3 which are really jaggy at 720p look any better with the extra upscaling?

Game that can actually run in 1080p (few and far between) just look... out of this world in comparison to 720p. But theres little to know difference in 720p/1080i upscaled stuff.

now i'm gonna go download BK!

I downloaded this yesterday (didn't have my 360 when the pre-order freebies were handed out) and I had forgotten how bloody good it is.

I seem to also have forgotten a lot of my way around and apart from Mumbo's Mountain it has been a struggle :blush:.

Have just spent ages trying to free Clanker and that is doing my head in as I can't seem to get the camera to behave so keep missing the bubbles to extend my fresh air. Released him once and couldn't get to fresh air quick enough so died and he reset , aaarrrggghh.

Still loving it though , sort of , anyway :heh: .

Lol - I could imagine! I was playing it in the dark late at night while extremely drunk. I think I did the first level. I kept getting insanely lost - When I found that I'd only found one bird and no metal bits (or something) I started the level again and just got even more lost. Sigh!

psshs your playing it all wrong, first time play, justr enjoy it and go through it, dont worry about finding anything youll ruin the experience, just go at your own pace, u can always play again (which youll want to do). J

get lost in the horror that is condemned ;)

Ok, advice noted :) It's tricky playing anything while fallout is sitting in the tray. I still want to have a couple more runs through Mass Effect, start kane and lynch, condemned; play prey, FEAR, Pure, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry 4 and Bioshock properly too... And maybe put a bit more effort and get more achievements in Skate, Fable, Katamari and Rockband. ARG TOO MANY GAMES!

I reckon I'm about 15 hours from finishing Fallout 3, so I'll try and play Condemned first. I say Condemned 2 for £15 and was veery tempted to pick it up at the same time - but cheers for the advice, I will just race through it first time :)

...Really bizarre. Apparently my 360 is being shipped back to me only 6 days after it was picked up from my flat. Wasn't expecting it to be anywhere as quick as it was, meaning I now think something is indeed wrong here.

They probably just gave you a new one... Thats what happened to Letty.

I say Condemned 2 for £15 and was veery tempted to pick it up at the same time

Don't bother. Just stick with the first one.

Mystery URL At Japanese Microsoft Site Suggests 360 Final Fantasy IV

Go ahead, click on this link:

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/f/finalfantasy4/

Notice that Microsoft Japan's server appends a "details.page/" to the URL. Now try a different one; replace "finalfantasy4/" with "finalfantasy5/", gibberish, or anything else. No "details" are appended.

What does this mean? A "finalfantasy4" is registered on Microsoft Japan's Xbox 360 web page for some reason -- and we'd be willing to guess it might represent a forthcoming Xbox Live Arcade port of Square Enix's recent cell phone RPG Final Fantasy IV: The After. Just last week, Microsoft stated the following in its press release concerning Square Enix's first two XBLA releases, Yosumin and Crystal Defenders: "Beginning with these two games, Square Enix plans to release a steady stream of its popular titles -- as well as original content -- on Xbox LIVE Arcade". Both Yosumin and Crystal Defenders are ports from mobile platforms, so it's not such a stretch to imagine The After might be next.

Final Fantasy IV: The After is a direct sequel to FFIV, written and directed by original creator Takashi Tokita. A serial RPG in twelve chapters for the Japanese cell phone services (iMode, Yahoo!, and EZWeb), The After stars Cecil and Rosa's son, Ceodore, and takes place a decade after the events of the original game.

Does anyone know what the lock on the back of the guitar hero world tour guitar is for?

Its well annoyin me lol, it doesnt seem to do anything!

This weeks Famitsu:

Microsoft

- didn't expect the hardware sales to grow as much as they did

- gears 2 is in the process of being properly localized for JP, some stuff must be cut

- not considering BD version of 360. they slyly dodge the question of a slim 360, but seems something will happen

Capcom

-RE5 will sell 5-6 million. Within Japan, expect sales of 500k on one of the platforms

-Demo was very popular

-2009 will be multi-platform year

-Sequels to Dead Rising and Lost Platform will be put out. They'll be multiplatform, but the 360 versions will have something a little different

Codemasters

- will probably release Dirt in japan too (Grid came out this month)

- thinking about a sequel to Overlord

- Xbox users love their games

Bandai Namco

- surprised how well ToV sold. Gundam Musou 2 also did well

- Naruto Narutimate Storm (sp?) showed Japan's ability to put out a "super anime" game, or something

- plan to release 5-6 games on 360 this year. since it's HD they are all big titles

- some new IP

- i-mas DLC sales were a massive surprise. even though they don't sell overseas, the dev costs are totally covered

Bethesda

- bully and fallout 3 left a good impression

- the cancellation of star trek legacy was because the contract had run out, even though the dev was basically done

- fallout 3 sales were good

- will release multiple titles in 2009, including a surprising big project using another firm's IP

- will not release any games with an average review score less than 80

EA

- Japan can expect Dante's Inferno

- considering selling retail games online, like they are doing with ps3

- will release close to 2008's number of games (17) this year

Atlus

- developing for 360

5pb

- putting lots of effort into 360 this year

- 3D is expensive so prefer 2D dev

- shooting games future will depend on how well dodonpachi and ketsui sell

From Software

- Ninja Blade coming out simultaneously worldwide (is it!?)

- Developing a 360 only game after Ninja Blade will be very difficult, waiting to see how the Japan market goes

Koei

- gundam musou 2 sold 60k on 360, feeling some positive response from the market

- including ports, will release quite a few games this year

- planning some new IP too

- will also make full use of Tecmo's skills

Q

- Mizuguchi not involved much in N3 II - devs are feelplus

- info will come out in spring

- planning collaboration with atari

Sega

- feel 360 is holding up well

- planning a (some?) big title besides Bayonetta. it's multi but they expect 360 owners will be happy nevertheless

cheers for that dante some interesting stuff there :)

whats "bd" version mean in the statement "not considering BD version of 360. they slyly dodge the question of a slim 360, but seems something will happen"?

got condemned 2 in the post today havent been on it yet...hope as good as the first :)

cheers for that dante some interesting stuff there :)

whats "bd" version mean in the statement "not considering BD version of 360. they slyly dodge the question of a slim 360, but seems something will happen"?

got condemned 2 in the post today havent been on it yet...hope as good as the first :)

it means not considering Blu-ray disk version and dodged the question about having a slim version of the 360.

If only :'(

360 Japan Sales & Stats:

Top 50 software to date.

1. Blue Dragon 203,740

2. Tales of Vesperia 161,070

3. The Last Remnant 134,611

4. Infinite Undiscovery 112,444

5. Lost Odyssey 109,517

6. Dead or Alive 4 108,618

7. Viva Pinata (Platinum) 101,552

8. Forza 2 (Platinum) 100,591

9. Ace Combat 6 95,002

10. Halo 3 83,696

11. Idolm@ster Live 4 U 75,272

12. Ridge Racer 6 73,501

13. Oblivion 72,274

14. Eternal Sonata 70,435

15. Gears of War 68,270

16. Dead Rising 68,078

17. Lost Planet 61,555

18. Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 60,544

19. Grand Theft Auto IV 59,893

20. Assassin's Creed 55,261

21. Devil May Cry 4 55,259

22. Call of Duty 4 54,742

23. Soul Calibur IV 53,403

24. Fallout 3 49,543

25. Ninja Gaiden 2 48,945

26. Dynasty Warriors 6 48,796

27. Idolm@ster 48,695

28. Idolm@ster (Platinum) 47,344

29. Fable II 43,682

30. Ace Combat 6 (Platinum) 41,880

31. Beautiful Katamari (Platinum) 41,492

32. Armored Core 4A 40,391

33. Gundam Operation Troy 38,713

34. Ninety-Nine Nights 38,019

35. Gundam Musou 2 34,988

36. Earth Defense Force 3 (Platinum) 33,675

37. Forza 2 31,255

38. Rumble Roses XX 29,187

39. Crackdown 28,588

40. Culdcept Saga 27,960

41. Battlefield Bad Company 27.604

42. Earth Defense Force 3 27,087

43. Dead Rising (Platinum) 26,504

44. Perfect Dark Zero 26,085

45. Test Drive Unlimited 25,788

46. PGR3 25,058

47. Dragonball Z Burst Limit 25,051

48. Beautiful Katamari 24,959

49. Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom 23,936

50. Virtua Fighter 5 Live Arena 23,776

Hardware vs. number of releases / year

2005: 81,770 - 10 games

2006: 208,697 - 60 games

2007: 257,841 - 60 games

2008: 317,859 - 78 games

Total: 866,167 - 208 games

Data: Famitsu 2008/12/28

Square Enix has said Star Ocean: The Last Hope will arrive on Xbox 360 in Europe this spring. America and Japan will get the game on 19th February.

The Last Hope acts as a prequel to the popular role-playing space opera series, detailing events immediately after World War III that forced humankind into space in search of a new home.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope, as the first of the series for the new consoles, will focus on looking pretty in high definition. But there will also be numerous gameplay advances, such more team-oriented play for bigger parties of four.

Apparently we'll also be able to control our own spaceship and fly from planet to planet.

Other than that, Square Enix has kept the (so far) Xbox 360-exclusive game under wraps, releasing only splatters of screenshots and trickles of trailers

Just need Namco to get their fingers out and give us a Euro date for Tales of Vesperia and I will be a happy chappy.

It hasn't taken long but on my second play through of Gears of War on Insane, by myself, I'm nearing the end. I've shot up about 2000 kills and I'm not even at the bit where you ride the brumak and kill hundreds upon hundreds of locust. I'm only just getting to that bit now.

Single player insane sure is awesome.

I hate Rainbow Six Vegas. I bought it for a tenner last year and only started playing it now. Argh.

I got GRAW2 from Rokhed last year and have played it for about an hour max. Bleh.

I hate Rainbow Six Vegas. I bought it for a tenner last year and only started playing it now. Argh.
I love it :D just be really stealthy, check out every room before you assault, mark heads, blow doors off, lay smokes, it's all about tactics. It's a lot better on co-op so if you want a game to play through with a mate, this is a good one.

I got GRAW2 from Rokhed last year and have played it for about an hour max. Bleh.

This, on the other hand :/ I bought GRAW2 with my 360 and have barely played it. I can't for the life of me understand the pull of it, it's so generic, has nothing at all going for it and just isn't fun to play. Also it's painfully overcomplicated to the point where every time I pick it up to have another go, I find myself having to do the tutorial again.

Rainbow Six Vegas (at least the first one) is a decent game. Good in co-op on Live. 4 people doing the infiltrate thing on the University level is really good fun. Can just sit and play that over and over. Think that's where I spent most of my time. Didn't really get into the single player much.