NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Even better in co-op, though.

A know. But my flatmates are dicks. The only two who play games are on the same course as me. One of them I can't stand, the other's alright. But they decided to play co-op games themselves. So I say fuck em and play by myself.

And R6V2 is far superior to R6V.

I actually completed R6V2 on single player story, plus online with the COD4 additions was really awesome.

R6V2 is not superior to R6V, not on the online front anyway. They bastardised it by cutting the co-op from 4 to 2. Now they may have added other things to 'compensate' for it but it's just nowhere near as fun with just 2 people.

I've just completed Braid, what a gem! Loved the ending:

Or do I mean beginning?

My...Crackdown save....

Its - its gone! D:

I had about 480 agility orbs T________________T

My...Crackdown save....

Its - its gone! D:

Join the club.

I had about 400-450ish when my save disappear so I sold it in a fit of rage.

Now I want it back :(

crackdown sucks. (hated it)

really cant get into condemned 2 dunno what it is just doesnt have the magic the first one does. Prob send back to lovefilm tomorrow not enjoying it at all.

My...Crackdown save....

Its - its gone! D:

Join the club.

I had about 400-450ish when my save disappear so I sold it in a fit of rage.

Now I want it back :(

i thought the bug was fixed?

R6V2 is not superior to R6V, not on the online front anyway. They bastardised it by cutting the co-op from 4 to 2. Now they may have added other things to 'compensate' for it but it's just nowhere near as fun with just 2 people.

Yeah I never understood why they cut the co-op mode down to 2 players. I did love the multiplayer on RSV2 though, playing Team Leader on the Villa map with Stef, Rob, Nintenchris and a few guys from work was brilliant as were the T-Hunts. I looking forward to getting hold of the new Rainbow Six and GRAW games this year.

Also the hate towards Crackdown saddens me :cry:

Yeah I never understood why they cut the co-op mode down to 2 players. I did love the multiplayer on RSV2 though, playing Team Leader on the Villa map with Stef, Rob, Nintenchris and a few guys from work was brilliant as were the T-Hunts. I looking forward to getting hold of the new Rainbow Six and GRAW games this year.

Also the hate towards Crackdown saddens me :cry:

I will try and alter the balance of opinion by saying i loved it! One of the first 360 games i played and really enjoyed it!

Yeh, I loved Crackdown. Such a good laugh and great for a mess about. Might pick it up again. It's like £5.98 in GAME I believe. Never had a problem with the save file disappearing myself though. That's a strange one.

This has reminded me that I need to get hold of Just Cause again. I'm probably the only one who thinks that that was a better game than GTA IV, in the sense that once you've finished the main story line, there's still bloody loads to do (which was great given how short the story was). And it still looks great. Wonder when we'll hear more about the sequel. It's been quiet for quite some time now.

Oh, and Versus on Left 4 Dead is awesome. Decided to give it a go after I finished Death Toll yesterday as I couldn't be bothered starting any of the other 2 campaigns I have left. Only problem with it is that if you are spawned as anything other than the Hunter, it kind of sucks because Boomers are killed in like one shot and you can never get close enough to spray all 4 survivors at the same time (trying for the achievement) and with the smokers it's hard just to constrict someone from a decent spot where you're not going to get killed. But it's brilliant fun. I just do quick matches and always get a decent group, although I did get one game where some prick decided to try and kill us all in the safe house. I promptly kicked his arse for him. :D

Oh, and Versus on Left 4 Dead is awesome. Decided to give it a go after I finished Death Toll yesterday as I couldn't be bothered starting any of the other 2 campaigns I have left. Only problem with it is that if you are spawned as anything other than the Hunter, it kind of sucks because Boomers are killed in like one shot and you can never get close enough to spray all 4 survivors at the same time (trying for the achievement) and with the smokers it's hard just to constrict someone from a decent spot where you're not going to get killed. But it's brilliant fun. I just do quick matches and always get a decent group, although I did get one game where some prick decided to try and kill us all in the safe house. I promptly kicked his arse for him. :D

It's incredibly frustrating when it doesn't work, but absolutely immense when it does. One great moment for me was when I tried to get someone just as they were closing the safe room door (there were two people inside and two outside). I missed but got in the safe room before it closed. I started slashing like mad as the hunter (it's better when there are a few people close together) and they never noticed me until they died (this was the first level of No Mercy).

really cant get into condemned 2 dunno what it is just doesnt have the magic the first one does. Prob send back to lovefilm tomorrow not enjoying it at all.

That's because it's complete utter turd.

I've just completed Braid, what a gem! Loved the ending:

Or do I mean beginning?

YAY you got it in the end :D I'd like to think my pestering had something to do with it lol. Truly incredible game, though i HATE the 3rd World, going through it again it's still the only world i can't do easily.

And yeah the ending..amazing.

OK so I just go myself a 360. I got Fifa 09 and COD4 with it and im loving both them.

Also loving the connectivity with my PC, Movies and Tv shows now on the big screen :)

Anyway, any recommendations for games I should get??

I think Braid was the best game of 2008 for me. Beautiful game.

Yeah I think it's my GOTY too. Best looking game i've played on my HD set by a mile. Soundtrack is out of this world too.

Holy shit. I went back to Eternal Sonata today. I gave up at the Fort Fermata maze thing about 6 months ago? But today I got myself a map:

eternalsonatafortfermatkx8.gif

(incase anyone else needs it)

and I got through! I was so happy to see the sunlight again.

My xbox has been pretty damn neglected since I got back to uni, I still need to get through assassins creed and fable 2...

OK so I just go myself a 360. I got Fifa 09 and COD4 with it and im loving both them.

Also loving the connectivity with my PC, Movies and Tv shows now on the big screen :)

Anyway, any recommendations for games I should get??

So many... where to start? Well, since you mentioned COD4 I'll start with the definitive shooting games: Gears of War, Prey, Devil May Cry 4, GTA IV, Halo 3, Bioshock, FEAR (dated but the awesome looking sequel is on its way), Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 (more of an RPG) and Mirror's Edge is a marmite sort of game which is worth a rent to see if you like it.

What other genres are you into? The only sport title I can reccomend is Skate... if you like racing I would say Forza 2 (for realistic) Pure (for totally unrealistic but awesome) or Burnout Paradise. RPGs: the aforementioned Fallout 3, also Mass Effect and Fable 2.

And of course there's things like Viva Pinata, Beautiful Katamari and then you've got the arcade games... Bionic Command Rearmed, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2, Castlevania, Ikaruga. I'm sure I've missed some important ones, the list is endless -_-

And of course there's things like Viva Pinata, Beautiful Katamari and then you've got the arcade games... Bionic Command Rearmed, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2, Castlevania, Ikaruga. I'm sure I've missed some important ones, the list is endless -_-

I think Dan Dare and Jayseven might shoot you for not mentioning Braid!

Just bought an absolute classic, Sensible Soccer!!

Although it pains me to say it, Xbox live shits all over the PSN. Killzone 2 better live up to the hype or the future for me may be green.

I think Dan Dare and Jayseven might shoot you for not mentioning Braid!

Mmm, Braid is strangely forgettable. It's one of those games that you get sucked into, play for about a couple of days until you've finally figured out every clever puzzle, and then never ever want to play again. It may be one of last years best arcade games, but it was also probably the game I spent least time on, simply because of its lack of replayability.

That's not to say it isn't good, it should've been on my list, I just... forgot about it :/

Holy shit. I went back to Eternal Sonata today. I gave up at the Fort Fermata maze thing about 6 months ago? But today I got myself a map:

and I got through! I was so happy to see the sunlight again.

How come you didn't check gamefaqs 6 months ago? Even in one of the guides it has a step by step guide how to get through.

So many... where to start? Well, since you mentioned COD4 I'll start with the definitive shooting games: Gears of War, Prey, Devil May Cry 4, GTA IV, Halo 3, Bioshock, FEAR (dated but the awesome looking sequel is on its way), Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 (more of an RPG) and Mirror's Edge is a marmite sort of game which is worth a rent to see if you like it.

What other genres are you into? The only sport title I can reccomend is Skate... if you like racing I would say Forza 2 (for realistic) Pure (for totally unrealistic but awesome) or Burnout Paradise. RPGs: the aforementioned Fallout 3, also Mass Effect and Fable 2.

Thank you Shorty my man.

Was looking at Gears of war. Is it worth just buying the second or should I hit up the first one first?

I think I'll pick up GTA and perhaps a driving game. Is PGR4 any good, I know its old but its cheap...

I also wouldnt mind some sort of flying game if there are any goodens? Ace combat? Blazing angels etc?