NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

get second hand games from game/gamestation, as you long as you have your receipt theyll swap em within 30 days i think?

and that has to be the worst xbox avatar ever, he has a styled monobrow?

Lol! What's wrong with his monobrow? I'm suprised it wasn't his lips you were commented on! Just because he doesn't have a cool afro and sunglasses haha.

just getting into OBlivion after some heavy Fallout 3 withdrawal symptoms.. one question.. I have that downloadable castle (got it for free with the game I think)... arent you supposed to stash things there without them dissapearing? I stashed a lot of heavy stuff there (cupboard in the basement) before I went fighting in the arena and some thieving.. when I got back everything was gone!!! argh...

This is amazing. Anyone who likes the music from Geometry Wars should give it a listen, still gives me that spine chill when the main theme kicks in towards the end, it works perfectly.

I'm looking at you, Dan Dare!

Re5 demo soon. :D

How soon??

Jan 26th, just read your post in RE5 thread. Sounds identical yo Jap demo.

hasnt the re5 demo been out for ages? my tutor had it on in college, had a play through it, i thought it was quite cool, not the biggest resi fan though :/ didnt really make me wanna buy it

Ok, I'm looking to get an RPG on the 360 and I'm down to choosing between 3: Eternal Sonata, Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey. I only want one because I'm back at Uni in a couple of days so was wondering if people have played any of these and have any preferences. I'm hearing some bad things about Last Remnant from the reviews but good things on both the other ones. Just wondering for an opinion.

Not played the other two but I got Eternal Sonata about a month or so ago and love it. The fighting system took a little while to get used to, but yeah really enjoying it - which reminds me I haven't played it in a while.

Not too difficult, no random battles and no level grinding.

My cardigan got added to the avatar clothing :D:D

l_ec5ef73739f24291a35367ad6531fd4a.jpg

haha awesome

tomb raider underworld - amazing alot better then fought would be

Ok, I'm looking to get an RPG on the 360 and I'm down to choosing between 3: Eternal Sonata, Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey. I only want one because I'm back at Uni in a couple of days so was wondering if people have played any of these and have any preferences. I'm hearing some bad things about Last Remnant from the reviews but good things on both the other ones. Just wondering for an opinion.

I've got all 3 of those. Eternal Sonata is quite good. It has a real time turn based combat system kind of like 'Tales of...' Games. Lost Odyssey and Last Remnant are turn based games which will keep you busy for a long time. There's loads to do aside from the main story so all the side quests will keep you busy. Lost Odyssey has sort of 'memories' so if you like literature that's a nice bonus. LO is 4 discs and Last Remnant is 2 and will last hours. I actually love the Last Remnant and quite addicted to it just now.

I would personally get both if you could, but if you can only get one, i'd say choose Eternal Sonata if you want an RPG that won't take too much of your time and just do the main story, or if you want an RPG that you can take your time with and go through everything then LO or LR. It comes down to which you think looks better.

Eternal sonata has a great and addictive fighting system but the story is dire and VERY boring.

Lost oddessey is prob one of the most underated games this gen i thought was very good

blue dragon - best jrpg this gen loved every second

LR - very good liked the combat system but stuck near the end

Thanks for that. Eternal Sonata has the best overall score and looks great. Would like something with a little more meat to it but would definitely like to try it. Been looking at prices of the games and I think I may be able to get hold of both Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey, the two I was thinking of. I'll have a look when I go out on friday in stores to see what I can get. Also trying to barter my way to a copy of Disgaea DS for $26 so just whether I have enough money for both. If I get both, I'll probably pick up Last Remnant at some point as long as I enjoy the others.

Thanks for that. Eternal Sonata has the best overall score and looks great. Would like something with a little more meat to it but would definitely like to try it. Been looking at prices of the games and I think I may be able to get hold of both Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey, the two I was thinking of. I'll have a look when I go out on friday in stores to see what I can get. Also trying to barter my way to a copy of Disgaea DS for $26 so just whether I have enough money for both. If I get both, I'll probably pick up Last Remnant at some point as long as I enjoy the others.

I saw Eternal Sonata at my local Currys for £10 today when i picked up No More Heroes if thats any help?

Eternal Sonata is a brilliant game, I loved every second of my two play throughs. I haven't played Last Remnant but Lost Odyssey wasn't really that great for me. I dunno why, it just seemed slow and I hate random battles (and turn based to a lesser extent) so that certainly didn't help!

What BeerMonkey said about Blue Dragon is true as well though. That was a cracking game so you should definitely check that out if you can as well.

I havent played Last Remnant but I loved Lost Odyssey and thought Eternal Sonata was just alright. If you want some good old RPG action on the 360 then Blue Dragon is where its at. It feels and plays like a classic Final Fantasy game and its one of my favourite games on the 360.

In other news I beat CoD:WaW on veteran yesterday! I was stuck on one part for an hour and a half. I had to take out 4 Flak cannons but you only get a checkpoint when you destroy 2 of them. The first 2 were easy but the 3rd one was a nightmare. At one point I was hiding behind cover and seven grenades came at me...SEVEN!! It felt great when I finally got that checkpoint I was after :)

^ I had the exact same problem as you on that exact level when I did it on hardened mode. Took ages just to get a decent path through to the third gun and to get rid of the germans. Liked that level. Best in the game. Worst had to be the one where you and the sergeant russian guy had to move through the buildings and the bit with the single sniper in the building across from you took me ages. Got the Purple Heart achievement because he killed me so many times. Might go through again on veteran for the achievements but not overly bothered. Online is where I'm spending most of my time. Ground War is brilliant. 18 players just makes things so manic.

i gave up on COD4 veteran in the end...where you have a injured bloke with you and have to fight off people until the helicopter comes. Its impossible i mustve done something wrong tactically.

Not played COD5 yet but got on my lovefilm list

nahhh that part in COD4 is not that bad.. look it up on youtube.. I hid out behind the radiocar (is that the english term) building.. think I did it in 3 tries.

Now wait untill you get to no fighting in the war room.. that's where I gave up

aaaaaargh

Now wait untill you get to no fighting in the war room.. that's where I gave up

aaaaaargh

I must have died over 1000 times on that level. You essentially have to work out a way through it a tiny bit at a time, and just get yourself killed if you reach a checkpoint area and don't get the checkpoint (as you're too slow).

Can't believe I completed COD4 on Veteran..pretty happy with myself, that game was insane! :heh:

I managed to complete Call of Duty 2, 3 and 4 on Veteran - but so far I've not managed to do one level of World at War. Granted, I've not tried for very long, since there have been so many games out the last few months I've wanted to play, but it seems much harder on Veteran than past games to me regardless.

Maybe I'll take this back when I've finished with all my games that are on my "to play" list and focus on doing it properly, but yeah. I distinctly remember completing many of the levels in 4 on Veteran with next to no problem.

They're both very different games you know. Get Fallout 3 if you're looking for a huge freeroam game similar to Oblivion. Get Gears if you liked the first one and want a decent multiplayer game.

Ignore anyone who says "Get X because Y has more bugs". They both have their fair share of bugs.

Personally, I'd say you should at least try both games but if you could only have one, I'd say Fallout 3 over Gears of War 2. That's because Gears just felt far to clunky and heavy as a shooter and wasn't an overall great game, and I really don't care what anyone says it's really not that great a single player experience, and the multiplayer isn't great (what are you on about Dyson, it takes ages to get a group through random matchmaking and then you don't really get a proper choice over what you play. And it's very laggy. Not what I'd call decent online).