Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now i am currently playing StreetFighter 2 and it's freaking awesome game.

Not on the PSP it aint.

Its near UNPLAYABLE with that awful D-Pad.

I have SF alpha 3 on my mame cabinet, and it was an INSULT to play the PSP version. Stretched 4:3 screen (it ISNT 16:9) and dodgy controls = lazy port.

Spelling Error.

ps3spellingmistake.jpg

ps3consolespellingmistake.jpg

Kotakuite Oly hit Sony's super swish Ginza showroom, which was not only displaying the PlayStation 3 for all to see, but a glaring spelling error. Instead of "SELECT", the PS3 controller reads "SERECT". Even though Sony's been batting fly balls of late, we're not going to poke fun. That would be rude. Spelling in a foreign language is hard, especially when it's an unusual word like "select".

Spelling Error.

Kotakuite Oly hit Sony's super swish Ginza showroom, which was not only displaying the PlayStation 3 for all to see, but a glaring spelling error. Instead of "SELECT", the PS3 controller reads "SERECT". Even though Sony's been batting fly balls of late, we're not going to poke fun. That would be rude. Spelling in a foreign language is hard, especially when it's an unusual word like "select".

But the original Dual shock (and all sony controllers for that matter) already said select in that key right? I don't think I've ever seen it written in japanese.

I mean... Japanese DS Lites have select button, not some japanese kanji gibberish; aswell as pretty much every system on sale.

I found a column series by Kazunori Yamauchi (President, Polyphony Digital) himself where he writes what he wants to write to fill a small space in a page and the one on this Famitsu issue was an amusing anecdote about GT:HD at E3.

Basically Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital had no plan to show any Gran Turismo materials at E3 2006. The notice that they wouldn't show anything was already circulated to all related divisions within Sony, or so PD had thought.

But 3 weeks before E3, he got the news that Ken Kutaragi, alone without henchmen, would visit him in his PD office. Yamauchi got depressed since he knew when Kutaragi visits PD alone it's always of bad omen. As soon as Kutaragi arrived PD, he told Yamauchi, "Can you exhibit GT at E3? No, just bring it to E3 already!"

Yamauchi sighed, but it's not that he had no plan at all. Fortunately GT4 has hi-res car model data, which are a bit over-spec for PS2, for the photo mode that renders a car in 2x2 resolution. So using them in HD, it's possible to make a playable demo in 3 weeks, he thought.

Yamauchi said yes to Kutaragi and the PD crew began to make GT:HD for E3 which was looming 3 weeks later.

Oh Ken, you silly man.

That is a bargain, you are getting a blu ray player, a processor that rivals super computers, and you get to play highly anticipated games like Gran Turismo HD for an extra £50.

That is a bargain, you are getting a blu ray player, a processor that rivals super computers, and you get to play highly anticipated games like Gran Turismo HD for an extra £50.

And also a machine that is capable of doing real - time weapon switching on the fly, as well as a game based on real Japanese history where a giant crab is the centre piece, and if u flip the said crab over u can deal MASSIVE damage

Bargain

And also a machine that is capable of doing real - time weapon switching on the fly, as well as a game based on real Japanese history where a giant crab is the centre piece, and if u flip the said crab over u can deal MASSIVE damage

Bargain

Innovation, PS3 controller, the first to have a sERECT button

woops....CAPS....

Kutaragi Hints at PS3 External Power Supply

Kutaragi also talked about ways to cool the Cell processor which include heat and electromagnetic interference management using heat pipes and custom cooling solutions. We would have expected the most typical liquid cooling system to be placed inside of the PS3, but Kutaragi offers a more interesting solution - he said that "the power supply could almost be sold separately."

soruce

Bargain

Don't forget the new RIIDDGGE RAAAACCCEERRRR either.

And the innovative card game.

Kutaragi Hints at PS3 External Power Supply

Kutaragi also talked about ways to cool the Cell processor which include heat and electromagnetic interference management using heat pipes and custom cooling solutions. We would have expected the most typical liquid cooling system to be placed inside of the PS3, but Kutaragi offers a more interesting solution - he said that "the power supply could almost be sold separately."

soruce

What the frick? Am I reading that wrong or is that a silly idea.

What the frick? Am I reading that wrong or is that a silly idea.

You read it right, i'd laugh if Sony actually did it:

"Get a PS3 for £550 with a few games. Bargain

Oh, and don't forget to buy your power supply (very limited stock) for £50"

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!